Page 3 of 244 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Procon Plugin Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9 View Post
    Using stop,stop,stop disables balancing, so I don't think you want that.
    Does using Stop, Stop, Stop disable both balancing and unstacking? If so I will need to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
    Does using Stop, Stop, Stop disable both balancing and unstacking? If so I will need to change that.
    Yes. You can stop balancing but leave unstacking on with Unstack,Unstack,Unstack. To leave balancing on but stop unstacking, set the Ticket Percentage To Unstack to 0,0,0 or 0 in any population level that you want to disable unstacking and set the balance speed to Fast, Adaptive or Slow.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

wowwww.. thanks for this remarkable plugin. Theres so much to learn. Thanks blitz for walking me through it. To configure this plugin is to understand it, to understand it, you have to read it, set it, watch the server to see if unstacking/balancing is happening, then read the chat to see if there is raging :P

but once you have it down, its perfect. OR you can do what I did on my metro server and thats to set it to balance only with scrambling at the end of the round until you learn more about the plugin.

But once you have the settings all down, its perfect!

thanks again PC9!

I doubt that it is perfect, in that no software is ever perfect, but thanks for the kind words.

Now if only I could get the "nuke all the campers on Flag B of Metro" feature working ...
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

Translator
    Hey PapaCharlie9, a nice feature for future versions would be if the balancer would move/unstuck a whole squad instead of just one player, I am getting complaints from friends who get splitted between both teams when they are unstacked coz they don't wear clan tags for example...

Would this be possible?
    || i7 7700k @ 4.8 || 2x EVGA GTX 1080 Founders Edition {SLI} || ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q ||

Quote Originally Posted by kcuestag View Post
    Hey PapaCharlie9, a nice feature for future versions would be if the balancer would move/unstuck a whole squad instead of just one player, I am getting complaints from friends who get splitted between both teams when they are unstacked coz they don't wear clan tags for example...

Would this be possible?
    Possible, but tricky. How would the plugin know which squads can be split up and which can't?

One suggestion from the design thread was to add a !clan command that allowed creation of a temporary clan that only lasts for one round. Say three friends are in a round, two on US in one squad, one on RU. The first one on US types !clan XYZ. That registers a temporary clan tag -XYZ with the plugin (the - is to distinguish temporary clan tags from real ones). The second friend on the US team also types !clan XYZ. Now the plugin will treat the two of them as if they have the tag [-XYZ] and all of the usual clan tag rules will apply, including Same Clan Tag In Squad. Now the RU player types !clan XYZ. He will also be registered with the [-XYZ] tag and if he can team switch to US, he'll be able to join that squad and not worry about being moved.

A whole bunch of limitations will have to be used, or else this command will be abused to disable the plugin's ability to move players. For example, only four players should be able to register for any given tag. There might also have to be an upper limit on total number of temporary clan members per team.

One big question is how you would communicate this feature to the players. Scrolling spam?

Another alternative is to add a !recruit command that allows a squad to move a friend into their squad, even if they are on the other team. Someone from the destination squad has to type the command and the player being recruited has to !accept. Again, some restrictions have to be put on this or else it just gives admin.movePlayer access to any player.
    Last edited by PapaCharlie9; 11-05-2013 at 19:25.

Procon Plugin Tester
    The plugin is working perfectly.

Congratulations on the excellent work PapaCharlie.
    http://www.phogue.net/forumvb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3215&dateline=1326598  261

Translator
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9 View Post
    Possible, but tricky. How would the plugin know which squads can be split up and which can't?

One suggestion from the design thread was to add a !clan command that allowed creation of a temporary clan that only lasts for one round. Say three friends are in a round, two on US in one squad, one on RU. The first one on US types !clan XYZ. That registers a temporary clan tag -XYZ with the plugin (the - is to distinguish temporary clan tags from real ones). The second friend on the US team also types !clan XYZ. Now the plugin will treat the two of them as if they have the tag [-XYZ] and all of the usual clan tag rules will apply, including Same Clan Tag In Squad. Now the RU player types !clan XYZ. He will also be registered with the [-XYZ] tag and if he can team switch to US, he'll be able to join that squad and not worry about being moved.

A whole bunch of limitations will have to be used, or else this command will be abused to disable the plugin's ability to move players. For example, only four players should be able to register for any given tag. There might also have to be an upper limit on total number of temporary clan members per team.

One big question is how you would communicate this feature to the players. Scrolling spam?

Another alternative is to add a !recruit command that allows a squad to move a friend into their squad, even if they are on the other team. Someone from the destination squad has to type the command and the player being recruited has to !accept. Again, some restrictions have to be put on this or else it just gives admin.movePlayer access to any player.
    I see your point.

In regards to the first question, what I meant is an option so that NO squads are split up, so if a team needs better players, when unstacking, just move a whole squad to the other team.
    || i7 7700k @ 4.8 || 2x EVGA GTX 1080 Founders Edition {SLI} || ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q ||

Plugin Developer
    I don't know if it's a bug but on Rush it seems to me that the plugin is detecting a new stage if the team gets some tickets back while players get revived.
    Last edited by LumPenPacK; 11-05-2013 at 22:22.
    64 slots mixed Classic mode BF4
    32 slots rush mode BF3

Quote Originally Posted by kcuestag View Post
    In regards to the first question, what I meant is an option so that NO squads are split up, so if a team needs better players, when unstacking, just move a whole squad to the other team.
    Oh, sorry, I misunderstood your question.

No, that's not feasible. MB moves a player when they are killed. It operates one player at a time. It would have to admin kill all of the other players in the squad to do the move, or alternatively, only do the move when they are all dead. Too complicated either way.