Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    What was the error message?

The error was no database selected. Apparently I had not made or selected a database. Once I made a database and selected it, I ran the code to create the table and all went fine. Xpkiller thank you for your quick reponse though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pallywhacker View Post
    The error was no database selected. Apparently I had not made or selected a database. Once I made a database and selected it, I ran the code to create the table and all went fine. Xpkiller thank you for your quick reponse though.
    The last section of the [HowTo] instructions has you create a database. Did you miss that step? Or were you not sure whether you needed to do it or not? I ask because if a clarification is needed in the [HowTo], I want to add it.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

Im not sure what this error means but I receive this when the plugin is enabled

EXCEPTION: MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Authentication method 'mysql_old_password' not supported by any of the available plugins.
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Authentication.Authenticati onPluginManager.GetPlugin(String method)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Authentication.MySqlAuthent icationPlugin.GetPlugin(String method, NativeDriver driver, Byte[] authData)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Authentication.MySqlAuthent icationPlugin.HandleAuthChange(MySqlPacket packet)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Authentication.MySqlAuthent icationPlugin.Authenticate(Boolean reset)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Authenticate(S tring authMethod, Boolean reset)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open()
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Open()
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Create(MySqlConnecti onStringBuilder settings)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.CreateNewPooledCo nnection()
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetPooledConnecti on()
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.TryToGetDriver()
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetConnection()
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open()
    at PRoConEvents.CBattlelogCache.MySqlInsert(Object insertData)

Quote Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9 View Post
    The last section of the [HowTo] instructions has you create a database. Did you miss that step? Or were you not sure whether you needed to do it or not? I ask because if a clarification is needed in the [HowTo], I want to add it.
    Papa,

Sorry for the late reply. I just noticed your question today. I just missed the setup data base part of your instructions. For someone like myself who had no clue to what I was doing with the MYSQL setup. It was somewhat over whelming at times during the process. So by the time I got to the end of the setup I was tired and missed it. The one thing I would add to the instructions is that after you use the

Code:
     Show Databases;
    command

You should tell them to use the

Code:
     use db name;
    command

to select the database to use so that when you use this code

Code:
     CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `playerstats` (
    `personaId` varchar(50) COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL,
    `playerName` varchar(32) COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL,
    `clanTag` varchar(8) COLLATE utf8_bin DEFAULT NULL,
    `overviewStats` longtext COLLATE utf8_bin,
    `weaponStats` longtext COLLATE utf8_bin,
    `vehicleStats` longtext COLLATE utf8_bin,
    `generalStatus` text COLLATE utf8_bin,
    `overviewStatsError` text COLLATE utf8_bin,
    `weaponStatsError` text COLLATE utf8_bin,
    `vehicleStatsError` text COLLATE utf8_bin,
    `timestampOverview` timestamp NULL DEFAULT NULL,
    `timestampWeapon` timestamp NULL DEFAULT NULL,
    `timestampVehicle` timestamp NULL DEFAULT NULL,
    `timestampClanTag` timestamp NULL DEFAULT NULL,
    PRIMARY KEY (`personaId`),
    UNIQUE KEY `playerName` (`playerName`)
    ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_bin;
    The table is setup in their database for battlelog cache. I hope that my response is what you were looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Pallywhacker View Post
    You should tell them to use the

Code:
     use db name;
    command

to select the database to use so that when you use this code

Code:
     CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `playerstats` (
    `personaId` varchar(50) COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL,
    `playerName` varchar(32) COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL,
    `clanTag` varchar(8) COLLATE utf8_bin DEFAULT NULL,
    `overviewStats` longtext COLLATE utf8_bin,
    `weaponStats` longtext COLLATE utf8_bin,
    `vehicleStats` longtext COLLATE utf8_bin,
    `generalStatus` text COLLATE utf8_bin,
    `overviewStatsError` text COLLATE utf8_bin,
    `weaponStatsError` text COLLATE utf8_bin,
    `vehicleStatsError` text COLLATE utf8_bin,
    `timestampOverview` timestamp NULL DEFAULT NULL,
    `timestampWeapon` timestamp NULL DEFAULT NULL,
    `timestampVehicle` timestamp NULL DEFAULT NULL,
    `timestampClanTag` timestamp NULL DEFAULT NULL,
    PRIMARY KEY (`personaId`),
    UNIQUE KEY `playerName` (`playerName`)
    ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_bin;
    The table is setup in their database for battlelog cache. I hope that my response is what you were looking for.
    That's a good tip, thanks!

An alternative is to change the create to use `mydb`.`playerstats` (or whatever your db name is for mydb).
    Last edited by PapaCharlie9; 10-02-2013 at 17:39.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

Thanks to feedback from Pallywhacker, updated the instructions to include defining the database before the create table command.

[20:23:04 96] [Battlelog Cache] MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. ---> System.TimeoutException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
    at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
    at MySql.Data.Common.MyNetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
    at MySql.Data.Common.MyNetworkStream.HandleOrRethrowE xception(Exception e)
    at MySql.Data.Common.MyNetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.TimedStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
    at System.IO.BufferedStream.Read(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadFully(Strea m stream, Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.LoadPacket()
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadPacket()
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.GetResult(Int3 2& affectedRow, Int64& insertedId)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.GetResult(Int32 statementId, Int32& affectedRows, Int64& insertedId)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.NextResult(Int32 statementId, Boolean force)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult( )
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader( CommandBehavior behavior)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.ExceptionInterceptor.Throw( Exception exception)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Throw(Excep tion ex)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.HandleTimeo utOrThreadAbort(Exception ex)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader( CommandBehavior behavior)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader( )
    at PRoConEvents.CBattlelogCache.MySqlLookup(String name, RequestTypeEnum requestType)
    what am i doing wrong ?

Edit : just deleted the whole db and created new one. working perfect now.
    Last edited by HexaCanon; 24-02-2013 at 20:31.
    Feeding is my job.

"I was a genuinely nice person before I joined this community"
    I would guess that either:
    1) Your MySQL-Server has had unexpected problems and went down
    2) Your MySQL-Server was overloaded and thus failed to respond within the needed timespan
    3) Either the server running your Procon layer or the one running your MySQL-client are having network troubles (overload, outage, DDoS, etc...)

You're probably not doing anything wrong. Did that occurr once or several times (also, just at a specific time or e.g. multiple times during the day)?

Before posting: Have you read the MANUAL?
    Before posting: Have you used the SEARCH?

I will not provide support through PMs or TeamSpeak. Please post your questions in our forums.

@Morpheus
    that are the same problems i had with my stats plugin as well. The defaults of the connector need to be adjusted. i guess the database got to slow or the index dont work.