Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Procon Plugin Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by EBastard View Post
    Thanks Phil,

updated without any problems now.
    Looking forward to test with the Battlelog Cache plugin
    I wonder how beefy of a mysql server would be required to, say, handle requests from 50 BF3 servers?

"I was a genuinely nice person before I joined this community"
    Quote Originally Posted by dyn View Post
    I wonder how beefy of a mysql server would be required to, say, handle requests from 50 BF3 servers?
    I don't think that 50 connections will really matter regarding the performance of a "standard" MySQL-Server... So everyone should be able to run all their servers on 1 MySQL-Server. Procon Layer Hosters will have dedicated database-servers anyways, so that solves the problem too.

Before posting: Have you read the MANUAL?
    Before posting: Have you used the SEARCH?

I will not provide support through PMs or TeamSpeak. Please post your questions in our forums.

Procon Plugin Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by MorpheusX(AUT) View Post
    Procon Layer Hosters will have dedicated database-servers anyways, so that solves the problem too.
    This is actually where I was going...

Wondering if it make practical sense (and thus speed up stat requests) if several admins got together and used the same database?

That would make very much sense and help reduce the load on Battlelog even more.
    The more clients query the same database, the less requests to Battlelog itself would have to be issued (at least in theory, not including possible bugs or statsfetching-errors).

Based on this assumption, we're currently building a centralized stats-caching system which will then be integrated into Procon directly. This will still take some time to be finished though.

I will not provide support through PMs or TeamSpeak. Please post your questions in our forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_K View Post
    Hi.

Having plugins not shown up is a complete different situation and as far as I can tell it does not depend on the last update. This could be seen also on former versions.

Well, can you provide some additional informations, please?
    Helpful would be a quote of the console log starting with startup until the connection to the game server is done.
    Can you also provide a screenshot showing what you mean and to visualise where you check.
    Do you look at you layer host running in GUI mode or on a layer client?

Greets
    Phil.
    It turns out that they weren't showing up because I manually copied of all of our plugins folder to our new dedicated server's plugin folder where we are now hosting procon from.

I would advise anyone who is moving their hosting to a new machine to re-download all of their plugins again rather than doing a copy and paste like I did.

Oh, and thanks Phil

Procon Plugin Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by MorpheusX(AUT) View Post
    That would make very much sense and help reduce the load on Battlelog even more.
    The more clients query the same database, the less requests to Battlelog itself would have to be issued (at least in theory, not including possible bugs or statsfetching-errors).

Based on this assumption, we're currently building a centralized stats-caching system which will then be integrated into Procon directly. This will still take some time to be finished though.
    Great! Now I'll just have to see if I can convince some friends to team up with me.

I will also add that upgrading from 1.4.0.4 > 1.4.0.6 went flawlessly. Everything seems to be functioning as it should.

Nice work, all.

The one and only Bassyboy
    Hey Phil & MorpheusX,

I set up the Battlelog Cache plugin yesterday without any issues. The DB contains 2500 records already.
    But today I noticed a lot of "Too many requests" reports from InsaneLimits & BattlelogCache, so dynamic throtteling & refetching is needed.

Code:
    [18:24:54 56] [Battlelog Cache] EXCEPTION: Exception in RequestLoop!
    [18:24:54 56] [Battlelog Cache] EXCEPTION: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at PRoConEvents.CBattlelogCache.BattlelogLookup(PlayerStats stats, RequestTypeEnum requestType)
       at PRoConEvents.CBattlelogCache.PerformLookup(String name, RequestTypeEnum requestType, DateTime startTime, Double minWaitTime)
       at PRoConEvents.CBattlelogCache.RequestLoop()
    [18:24:54 84] [Battlelog Cache] EXCEPTION: Exception in RequestLoop!
    [18:24:54 84] [Battlelog Cache] EXCEPTION: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at PRoConEvents.CBattlelogCache.BattlelogLookup(PlayerStats stats, RequestTypeEnum requestType)
       at PRoConEvents.CBattlelogCache.PerformLookup(String name, RequestTypeEnum requestType, DateTime startTime, Double minWaitTime)
    [18:24:55 17] [Battlelog Cache] EXCEPTION: Exception in RequestLoop!
    [18:24:55 17] [Battlelog Cache] EXCEPTION: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [18:24:55 38] [Battlelog Cache] EXCEPTION: Exception in RequestLoop!
    [18:24:55 38] [Battlelog Cache] EXCEPTION: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [18:24:55 62] [Battlelog Cache] EXCEPTION: Exception in RequestLoop!
    [18:24:55 63] [Battlelog Cache] EXCEPTION: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [18:24:55 67] [Insane Limits] Thread(fetch): WARNING: (StatsException) Cache fetch failed (type: Error, message: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (429) Too Many Requests.
       at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request)
       at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address)
       at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(String address)
       at PRoConEvents.CBattlelogCache.DownloadWebPage(WebClient webClient, String url, String& result))!
    [18:25:10 40] UltimateMapManager: INFO -> Round ended. Rounds run on this map list: 21
    [18:27:24 53] [Insane Limits] Thread(fetch): ERROR: weapon(Timmy_Laessig) timed out, request exceeded 45 seconds!
    [18:27:24 53] [Insane Limits] Thread(fetch): WARNING: (StatsException) stats fetching is disabled
    [18:28:03 51] [Insane Limits] Thread(fetch): EXCEPTION: Timeout(30 seconds) expired, while waiting for list_handle within getMapListSync
    [18:28:36 57] [Insane Limits] Thread(enforcer): EXCEPTION: Timeout(30 seconds) expired, while waiting for list_handle within getMapListSync
    [18:30:47 84] [Battlelog Cache] EXCEPTION: Exception in RequestLoop!
    [18:30:47 84] [Battlelog Cache] EXCEPTION: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [18:30:48 26] [Battlelog Cache] EXCEPTION: Exception in RequestLoop!
    [18:30:48 26] [Battlelog Cache] EXCEPTION: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [18:30:48 45] [Battlelog Cache] EXCEPTION: Exception in RequestLoop!
    [18:30:48 45] [Battlelog Cache] EXCEPTION: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [18:30:48 62] [Battlelog Cache] EXCEPTION: Exception in RequestLoop!
    [18:30:48 62] [Battlelog Cache] EXCEPTION: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [18:30:48 85] [Battlelog Cache] EXCEPTION: Exception in RequestLoop!
    [18:30:48 85] [Battlelog Cache] EXCEPTION: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [18:30:49 26] [Battlelog Cache] EXCEPTION: Exception in RequestLoop!
    [18:30:49 26] [Battlelog Cache] EXCEPTION: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [18:30:49 42] [Battlelog Cache] EXCEPTION: Exception in RequestLoop!
    [18:30:49 42] [Battlelog Cache] EXCEPTION: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [18:30:49 56] [Battlelog Cache] EXCEPTION: Exception in RequestLoop!
    [18:30:49 56] [Battlelog Cache] EXCEPTION: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [18:30:49 68] [Battlelog Cache] EXCEPTION: Exception in RequestLoop!
    [18:30:49 68] [Battlelog Cache] EXCEPTION: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [18:30:49 84] [Battlelog Cache] EXCEPTION: Exception in RequestLoop!
    [18:30:49 87] [Battlelog Cache] EXCEPTION: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [18:30:50 03] [Battlelog Cache] EXCEPTION: Exception in RequestLoop!
    [18:30:50 03] [Battlelog Cache] EXCEPTION: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [18:30:50 25] [Battlelog Cache] EXCEPTION: Exception in RequestLoop!
    [18:30:50 25] [Battlelog Cache] EXCEPTION: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [18:30:50 28] [Insane Limits] Thread(fetch): WARNING: (StatsException) Cache fetch failed (type: Error, message: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (429) Too Many Requests.
       at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request)
       at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address)
       at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(String address)
       at PRoConEvents.CBattlelogCache.DownloadWebPage(WebClient webClient, String url, String& result))!

I really like the thought of a centralized version though

Just one question: What is the expiry time for the stats of a player, when will their stats be refreshed by the plugin.
    Last edited by EBassie; 30-12-2012 at 16:35.
    I won't do support via PM: if you need help, make a topic on the public forums.

Expiry time for stats are 24 hours. The plugin queries the database and just selects entries with a DATEDIFF(timestamp, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP) < 1. After that, the stats will be updated.

There's no dynamic throtteling since that version of the plugin was just designed to be released as fast as possible to provide an intermediate solution. Since we've at last decided to work on a central solution, I'm not sure how many changes I'll make to the plugin in the meantime, since most of my time is spent developing a caching server. I'll probably throw out fixes if something is really broken, but that might me it...

If anyone feels like adding stuff or fixing bugs in the caching plugin, feel free to do so, but let me know first.

The one and only Bassyboy
    Hi Morpheus,

thanks for the explanation. Do you have an ETA in mind for the central caching server?
    (Not trying to push you though )

I know PC9 already explained how to make a plugin with throttling here:
    http://www.phogue.net/forumvb/showth...P-request-rate

It would really be useful to get the current plugin do some throttling.... but I'm not the guy to try and fix that

Anyways... thanks for this plugin and future solutions.

Happy New Year,

EB
    I won't do support via PM: if you need help, make a topic on the public forums.

First test-release is scheduled for end of january earliest. This will probably not be a fully working version though. No promises made.

I've both looked at IL's source code and the post you linked regarding the dynamic fetching, but haven't come around to implement it. Not sure if I will be able to do so in the next weeks since the semester at Uni is also ending in a month :-/