Page 3 of 118 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 1175
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9 View Post
    I have a different idea. What do you think of this?

    If the first character in the custom list value is @, the rest of the value is a file name located in procon/Configs. The names for the custom list will be read from the file, one name per line.

    Example: if you define a custom list called "royal_plan" and the value in the list is "@royal.txt", whose contents is:

    player1
    player2
    player3

    Insane Limits will read the file, one name per line, as the contents of the list. If you want the same list for all servers, you only have one file and you use the same royal.txt file name in each custom list. If you want different lists for different servers, use different file names, like royal1.txt, royal2.txt, etc., and put the corresponding values in each custom list, e.g., @royal1.txt in server #1, @royal2.txt in server #2, etc.

    In the mean time, with the version you have now, you can copy & paste the raw list from one .conf file to another, which should be easier than what you are doing now. Suppose you are using list_1_name of "royal_plan" on one of your servers and it is up to date. Look in the InsaneLimits_sss_ppp.conf file for that server and find the line:

    Code:
    procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "InsaneLimits" "list_1_data" "BASE64:...encoded...data...=="
    Then find the .conf file for the next server and figure out which list number royal_plan is in. Ideally you will have set them up to have the same list number for "royal_plan", in which case you just copy over the "list_1_data" for each server. If the list number is different, however, you have to change the number before you do the paste. For example, if your third server has royal_plan as list #3, you should change the text to:

    Code:
    procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "InsaneLimits" "list_3_data" "BASE64:...encoded...data...=="
    before you paste it and make sure you are replacing list_3_data in the .conf file of the third server.

    Back up all your .conf files before you do this, in case you make a mistake!
    it is indeed a great idea, but the style of list i mentioned is used in different plugins as well. so if i update my list, all i have to do is copy paste it in the different plugins.

    the idea is to make IL use same style of lists as other plugins.
    Feeding is my job.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by HexaCanon View Post
    it is indeed a great idea, but the style of list i mentioned is used in different plugins as well. so if i update my list, all i have to do is copy paste it in the different plugins.

    the idea is to make IL use same style of lists as other plugins.
    Sorry, I'm not going to change the UI. I'll add the file option, but I like the UI the way it is. I find array lists harder to work with.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9 View Post
    Sorry, I'm not going to change the UI. I'll add the file option, but I like the UI the way it is. I find array lists harder to work with.
    i understand, but just want to give a notice that it is not about likability but about usability.

    i think most admins uses at least somekind of plugin that uses the array style. and since you are the one of the few active developers for procon plugins at this moment i thought it might be better if you make IL the same as voteban and votemap and truebalancer (3 plugins i use).

    and that style is easier to use at least for me.

    the idea is to make the plugins use the same type of list. it is confusing already the amount of work i do to keep up with the current type of list used in IL.
    Last edited by HexaCanon; 21-12-2012 at 18:52.
    Feeding is my job.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by HexaCanon View Post
    it is confusing already the amount of work i do to keep up with the current type of list used in IL.
    From a usability stand-point, the file option is superior, right? Let's say I changed the UI to be the way you wanted but did not include the file option. This would enable you to easily copy and paste a array list from a non-IL plugin to an IL plugin, but you would still have to do the copy 9 times for each IL instance (assuming 9 game server connections).

    If you instead copy the list of names from the non-IL plugin to a file one time that 9 different IL instances then read from, you cover all 9 instances of IL with one copy & paste. From a usability point of view, that seem 8 times easier to me.

    Am I missing something?
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9 View Post
    From a usability stand-point, the file option is superior, right? Let's say I changed the UI to be the way you wanted but did not include the file option. This would enable you to easily copy and paste a array list from a non-IL plugin to an IL plugin, but you would still have to do the copy 9 times for each IL instance (assuming 9 game server connections).

    If you instead copy the list of names from the non-IL plugin to a file one time that 9 different IL instances then read from, you cover all 9 instances of IL with one copy & paste. From a usability point of view, that seem 8 times easier to me.

    Am I missing something?
    in terms of time consumption, i will have to access 9 different layers through FTP and load 9 files, update them , upload, and then manually load the updated list on procon again.

    my suggestion will just share the same list with other plugins.


    beside i do not give layer access to other admins, it is only me who have access and your change just means more work for me.
    Feeding is my job.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by HexaCanon View Post
    in terms of time consumption, i will have to access 9 different layers through FTP and load 9 files, update them , upload, and then manually load the updated list on procon again.

    my suggestion will just share the same list with other plugins.


    beside i do not give layer access to other admins, it is only me who have access and your change just means more work for me.
    Are you running 9 separate layer instances each with one game server connection now? In an earlier post I recall that you said you had 9 game server connections on a single layer, which probably wasn't a good idea. If you truly are running separate layer instances, that's a fair point with respect to the file option. I had assumed just one layer, where it should be possible to FTP to procon/Configs, which is shared by all plugins and game connections.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

  7. #27
    Single ip different ports different ftp access. But then u shoulddnt catter for me since i am the only one complaining.
    Feeding is my job.

  8. #28
    Need help!!!!
    We have recently changed server ip addresses. and have tried to migrate the insane limits settings over to the new server but I keeps saving the limits to the old server ip config file. Have changed the limits_file" "BASE64: encode to the new server ip file name and renamed the config file to the new ip but when you edit a limit it saves it to the old ip file config, or in our case generates a new file as I have deleted the old one. Where else does it reference the ip address in any file configs, I also deleted the dll but still no work

    new server is 193.93.45.215

    [12:09:19 71] [Insane Limits] Thread(settings): 13 limits and 2 lists loaded from Plugins\BF3\InsaneLimits_193.93.47.113_47500.conf
    [12:09:39 99] [Insane Limits] Thread(enforcer): Evaluating Limit #10 - OnIntervalServer

    this is where it keeps saving, to the old ip

    using 0.0.9.2

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by supermillhouse View Post
    Need help!!!!
    We have recently changed server ip addresses. and have tried to migrate the insane limits settings over to the new server but I keeps saving the limits to the old server ip config file. Have changed the limits_file" "BASE64: encode to the new server ip file name and renamed the config file to the new ip but when you edit a limit it saves it to the old ip file config, or in our case generates a new file as I have deleted the old one. Where else does it reference the ip address in any file configs, I also deleted the dll but still no work

    new server is 193.93.45.215

    [12:09:19 71] [Insane Limits] Thread(settings): 13 limits and 2 lists loaded from Plugins\BF3\InsaneLimits_193.93.47.113_47500.conf
    [12:09:39 99] [Insane Limits] Thread(enforcer): Evaluating Limit #10 - OnIntervalServer

    this is where it keeps saving, to the old ip

    using 0.0.9.2
    First of all, how about upgrading to 9.3?

    Are you using custom storage (use_custom_storage True) or not?

    I assume you are on a layer. I don't use a layer, so I'll let someone who has done this on a layer give you the authoritative answer. But here's what should be true, assuming you are not using custom storage.

    All plugins store their plugin variables in procon/Configs/ip_port.cfg files. In the file that corresponds to your new server ip_port, you should find a variable for Insane Limits that looks like this:

    Code:
    procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "InsaneLimits" "limits_file" "BASE64:...."
    That value points at a file in procon/Plugins/BF3/InsaneLimits_ip_port.conf (again, assuming you are not using custom storage ... if you are using custom storage, the path to the .conf file will be whatever you defined).

    If you copy & pasted the .cfg value from the old ip_port into the new .cfg, it will still point at the old .conf file.

    After backing up all files, something you can try is simply deleting the "limits_file" line altogether. I think Insane Limits will regenerate it using the new ip and port (again, assuming you are not using custom storage). Then just make sure you have a matching .conf file (which can have the same contents as the old, in other words, just rename the file to the new ip and port).

    All of the above is how a directly connected client works. Your mileage may vary with a layer.
    Last edited by PapaCharlie9; 23-12-2012 at 18:01.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9 View Post
    First of all, how about upgrading to 9.3?

    Are you using custom storage (use_custom_storage True) or not?

    I assume you are on a layer. I don't use a layer, so I'll let someone who has done this on a layer give you the authoritative answer. But here's what should be true, assuming you are not using custom storage.

    All plugins store their plugin variables in procon/Configs/ip_port.cfg files. In the file that corresponds to your new server ip_port, you should find a variable for Insane Limits that looks like this:

    Code:
    procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "InsaneLimits" "limits_file" "BASE64:...."
    That value points at a file in procon/Plugins/BF3/InsaneLimits_ip_port.conf (again, assuming you are not using custom storage ... if you are using custom storage, the path to the .conf file will be whatever you defined).

    If you copy & pasted the .cfg value from the old ip_port into the new .cfg, it will still point at the old .conf file.

    After backing up all files, something you can try is simply deleting the "limits_file" line altogether. I think Insane Limits will regenerate it using the new ip and port (again, assuming you are not using custom storage). Then just make sure you have a matching .conf file (which can have the same contents as the old, in other words, just rename the file to the new ip and port).

    All of the above is how a directly connected client works. Your mileage may vary with a layer.
    Got it to work in the end. What i was doing was copying over my modified file to the layer host and restarting. As th layer shut down it would overwrite the file back to the old settings. I had to stop the layer then copy to get it to work. Oops

    Thanks for the help tho

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •