Page 2 of 118 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    yeah just copy paste, usually i do limit changes on one server only, test them. if i am satisfied then i will copy the .conf content to all the other servers and manually load them again from IL plugin load file option.
    Feeding is my job.

Reminder to update to 9.3 if you haven't yet.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

I'm having issues deleting old lists and old limits. When I go to delete, it seems like its gone. But the next day or a few hours later they are back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudenell View Post
    I'm having issues deleting old lists and old limits. When I go to delete, it seems like its gone. But the next day or a few hours later they are back.
    What are the details of your setup? Are you on a layer? Where is the location of the .conf file (are you using custom storage)? Is there more than one admin that accesses the layer?

If you are on a layer, is it possible that someone else, another admin or your hoster, is restoring the .conf file that contains the limits and lists?

I don't use a layer and I'm not seeing this problem. I just deleted a limit yesterday and it is still deleted today. I don't use custom storage, though.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

WISH : changing the custom lists so that names get in this format
    Code:
    player1
    player2
    player3
    instead of this format
    Code:
    player1, player2, player3
    makes it alot easier to copy paste from an excel sheet.
    Feeding is my job.

Hi,

I have a Insane Limits plugins' error when we run the plugins in sandbox:

Code:
    16:49:15 92] [Insane Limits] Thread(activator): EXCEPTION: : System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Net.WebPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.
    We have the console running on our win 2003 server with all system permission on /procon and procon/plugins/bf3 folders and set the .net requirements at minimums ? but is not the solution...

Any idea or suggestion?

Quote Originally Posted by Legate. View Post
    Hi,

I have a Insane Limits plugins' error when we run the plugins in sandbox:

Code:
    16:49:15 92] [Insane Limits] Thread(activator): EXCEPTION: : System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Net.WebPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.
    We have the console running on our win 2003 server with all system permission on /procon and procon/plugins/bf3 folders and set the .net requirements at minimums ? but is not the solution...

Any idea or suggestion?
    Insane Limits won't work in sandbox mode. You must Run plugins with no restrictions.

If you are running TrueBalancer and need to set a longer timeout, set Procon to sandbox mode, increase the timeout, then set it back to Run plugins with no restrictions. The increased timeout will still be remembered.

Yep I saw the Phil's solutions.

Thanks for the answer PapaCharlie9 ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by HexaCanon View Post
    WISH : changing the custom lists so that names get in this format
    Code:
    player1
    player2
    player3
    instead of this format
    Code:
    player1, player2, player3
    makes it alot easier to copy paste from an excel sheet.
    stressing on this point again. i would give alot for this to happen.

i have 9 servers where players constantly apply to the Royal plan. very frustrating to deal with a lot of lists, if this can happen then i can remove one list from my files -.-
    Feeding is my job.

Quote Originally Posted by HexaCanon View Post
    stressing on this point again. i would give alot for this to happen.

i have 9 servers where players constantly apply to the Royal plan. very frustrating to deal with a lot of lists, if this can happen then i can remove one list from my files -.-
    I have a different idea. What do you think of this?

If the first character in the custom list value is @, the rest of the value is a file name located in procon/Configs. The names for the custom list will be read from the file, one name per line.

Example: if you define a custom list called "royal_plan" and the value in the list is "@royal.txt", whose contents is:

player1
    player2
    player3

Insane Limits will read the file, one name per line, as the contents of the list. If you want the same list for all servers, you only have one file and you use the same royal.txt file name in each custom list. If you want different lists for different servers, use different file names, like royal1.txt, royal2.txt, etc., and put the corresponding values in each custom list, e.g., @royal1.txt in server #1, @royal2.txt in server #2, etc.

In the mean time, with the version you have now, you can copy & paste the raw list from one .conf file to another, which should be easier than what you are doing now. Suppose you are using list_1_name of "royal_plan" on one of your servers and it is up to date. Look in the InsaneLimits_sss_ppp.conf file for that server and find the line:

Code:
    procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "InsaneLimits" "list_1_data" "BASE64:...encoded...data...=="
    Then find the .conf file for the next server and figure out which list number royal_plan is in. Ideally you will have set them up to have the same list number for "royal_plan", in which case you just copy over the "list_1_data" for each server. If the list number is different, however, you have to change the number before you do the paste. For example, if your third server has royal_plan as list #3, you should change the text to:

Code:
    procon.protected.plugins.setVariable "InsaneLimits" "list_3_data" "BASE64:...encoded...data...=="
    before you paste it and make sure you are replacing list_3_data in the .conf file of the third server.

Back up all your .conf files before you do this, in case you make a mistake!
    Last edited by PapaCharlie9; 21-12-2012 at 15:44.