Developer

[MOH] MoHW R-5 some informations

Hi.

After a few questions regarding maplist and some other settings I'll think it is a good idea to
    put some informations together for faster finding.

Documentation

There is some documentation (http://www.fpsadmin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
    but at the moment expect it to be a quick overview. The zip also contains some files showing playlists, maps, modes and their documentation.

Rcon usable commands

List of available commands (R-5):

Code:
    admin.eventsEnabled
    admin.help
    admin.kickPlayer
    admin.killPlayer
    admin.listPlayers
    admin.movePlayer
    admin.password
    admin.shutDown
    banList.add
    banList.clear
    banList.list
    banList.load
    banList.remove
    banList.save
    currentLevel
    gameAdmin.add
    gameAdmin.clear
    gameAdmin.list
    gameAdmin.load
    gameAdmin.remove
    gameAdmin.save
    listPlayers
    login.hashed
    login.plainText
    logout
    mapList.add
    mapList.availableMaps
    mapList.clear
    mapList.endRound
    mapList.getMapIndices
    mapList.getRounds
    mapList.list
    mapList.load
    mapList.remove
    mapList.restartRound
    mapList.runNextRound
    mapList.save
    mapList.setNextMap
    mapList.setNextMapIndex
    plManager.setPlaylist
    punkBuster.activate
    punkBuster.isActive
    punkBuster.pb_sv_command
    quit
    reservedSlotsList.add
    reservedSlotsList.clear
    reservedSlotsList.list
    reservedSlotsList.load
    reservedSlotsList.remove
    reservedSlotsList.save
    serverInfo
    unlockList.add
    unlockList.clear
    unlockList.list
    unlockList.remove
    unlockList.save
    vars.3pCam
    vars.autoBalance
    vars.bannerUrl
    vars.buddyOutline
    vars.bulletDamage
    vars.friendlyFire
    vars.gameModeCounter
    vars.gamePassword
    vars.hudBuddyInfo
    vars.hudClassAbility
    vars.hudCrosshair
    vars.hudEnemyTag
    vars.hudExplosiveIcons
    vars.hudGameMode
    vars.hudHealthAmmo
    vars.hudMinimap
    vars.hudObiturary
    vars.hudPointsTracker
    vars.hudUnlocks
    vars.idleBanRounds
    vars.idleTimeout
    vars.killCam
    vars.maxPlayers
    vars.playerManDownTime
    vars.playerRespawnTime
    vars.playlist
    vars.ranked
    vars.regenerateHealth
    vars.roundRestartPlayerCount
    vars.roundsPerMap
    vars.roundStartPlayerCount
    vars.serverDescription
    vars.serverName
    vars.soldierHealth
    vars.teamKillCountForKick
    vars.teamKillKickForBan
    vars.teamKillValueDecreasePerSecond
    vars.teamKillValueForKick
    vars.teamKillValueIncrease
    version

This list is taken from the output of admin.help.

There are still some commands left over from BF3 but they have no effect in MoHW and their function is replaced by other commands. An example for it is vars.crossHair <-> vars.hudCrosshair.

Even if the server seems to respond to a command written totally in lower cases it is best to use the spelling like it is given in the above list.

Maps, modes & playlist

MoHW does not only allow you to run maps in different (game)modes. It also provides some playlists. Other than BFBC2 a MoHW playlist is no type of gameplay but a playlist is a predefined fixed set of maps. Think of it as selectable Maplist.txt stored at the server with no way to change their content for you.

The most interesting playlist for you may be CustomPL. This playlist allows the server to use the Maplist.txt you can manipulate either by your GSPs control panel or by using Procon.

Note:
    There is something special in how the server handles the maplist while running CustomPL playlist.
    If you change your maplist using your GSPs control panel you have to write the map names like
    Code:
    MOHW/Levels/MP/MP_03/MP_03
    but in the maplist the server shows over the rcon the map is only shown as
    Code:
    MP_03
    Playlists

mohw_r4_playlists.jpg
    The names of the playlists may give you a hint which maps are played in which mode(s) in this fixed
    maplists. Maybe I'll post the dedicated lists later.

Maps & modes

mohw_r4_maps.jpgmohw_r4_modes.jpgmohw_r4_maps_modes.jpg

While combining maps and modes remember to check the combinations you use.
    Editing the maplist.txt by using your GSPs control panel will not check if a combination is allowed.
    In case you have typed a name wrong or used combination not supported the server will stop parsing
    your maplist.txt at that line.

Style of gameplay

Unlike all other Frostbite games MoHW also specifies three types of gameplay. These are
    • Normal
    • Immersive
    • Custom

What directly pops up is the difference to BF3 for example. The special gameplay style is not called hardcore
    but immersive. This immersive gameplay is different from hardcore you know. Basically you have to think
    about it as a style not providing as many informations in the gameplay as with normal.

Based on the public available documentation for "Immersive" a set of server settings have to be changed.
    But other than hardcore these changes do not include the health level, the damage a bullet makes or
    where you are allowed to spawn.

The following image is taken from the above linked MoHW documentation for R-1.
    mohw_r1_presets.jpg

This list was also taken to provide you the gameplay preset selector in Procon.
    You find it under the server settings tab at gameplay. Most of these vars effect is immediately.

Greets
    Phil.
    Last edited by Phil_K; 18-11-2012 at 08:39. Reason: updated command list to R-5

What is the difference between vars.minimap and vars.hudMinimap? The latter seems to be the only one that does anything

Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by SandSukka View Post
    What is the difference between vars.minimap and vars.hudMinimap? The latter seems to be the only one that does anything
    See it as deprecated.
    As far as I know it has no effect in MoHW and I expect it to be removed in the next release of MoHW server.

i have problem with server crash when I use Procon. In logs file this is every time before server crash vars.allUnlocksUnlocked

Developer
    Hi.

Please decide which thread you will follow. It makes no sense to add this kind of comment to different threads.

Well, as I said in other posts I've done. vars.allUnlocksUnlocked is known by DC to be able to crash
    a server under several circumstances. As far as I've been told querying is no problem as the server
    only responses with its message but does not effect server internal settings. But I would advice not
    to use it in your Startup.txt or to try to change the value the server comes up with.

That might be the reason a next server version will not support that command anymore.

Greets
    Phil.