Found Bug: Name list doesn't refresh and not kept up to date (SOLVED)

For some reason the app is keeping a list of all the players that have ever visited the server and displaying it in chat box when you want to send a message to a specific player. At first, I thought it was the server keeping the stale player list. However, even after restarting the server, app keeps full list for some reason.

Edit: On further checking, it seems the application is not stopped and keeps running in the background. It keeps the players list in cache. The only way to get rid off it is to force stop the app and restart. Though I have to ask, why is the app not shutting down? I use it on nexus one with cyanogen mod.
    Last edited by Mandizzy; 04-11-2012 at 01:23.

Developer
    Thanks a lot for posting this, i am looking into this bug and it will be patched as soon as possible. Regarding the app still running in background I guess there was something that went wrong because when you go back the connection to the server is closed which means no battery drain as the app won't send or receive any data. If you still see the app running it's because that's the way how android OS handle the application life cycle, android will end the process only if there is not enough memory available for other process. That being said you can easily understand that android OS keeps the app in the stack and that is why you can still see the cache, however the process is inactive and it won't drain the battery.
    Last edited by leomar75; 07-12-2012 at 01:40.

Cool, thanks for the response. However, a quick fix might be to clear application cache when connection is terminated/cleaned up.

Developer
    Testing a fix for this issue, if everything goes through I will publish a minor update!

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 2

Thanks, works like a charm