Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Procon Plugin Tester
    All admins use the same reasons in-game, only some Sr. Admins have procon layer admin access, but as they are Sr, their judgement is allowed.

All clan tagged members currently have admin rights, so the ability to use that to give permissions would work for us, rather than a whitelist. On the other hand, It might be nice to be able to give different levels of admin capabilities to Jr. Admins vs. Full admins vs Sr Admins. That would have to be set up with whitelists, but still very do-able.

I don't really want Jr admins to have the ability to unban; I leave that to Sr. Admins, and it would be nice to limit Jr admins to temp-bans only, too.......

So the more I think about it, yeah, it would be nice to have different levels of admin rights.

Lol, always something.........

Hutchew

Edit: I would recommend; if you do implement whitelists, you set them up to be one name per line instead of names separated by comma's. Make it tons easier to copy/paste from a spreadsheet, and edit later on........... If there was any one thing I could change about insanelimits, that would be it.
    Last edited by Hutchew; 02-02-2013 at 17:02.

I take the privileges of every admin set in procon, so if someone is not allowed to ban via procon he/she should also not allowed to ban via the plugin. Same with all other command except unban because there is no option in procon to set unban rights (everybody who is allowed to ban can also unban). Maybe I will remove the command cause its not that important to unban a player via ingame command.

Same with all other command except unban because there is no option in procon to set unban rights (everybody who is allowed to ban can also unban).
    I see thats not right and i also implemented this. If someone is allowed to edit the banlist he can unban players, not if he is allowed to ban.
    Last edited by DaMagicWoBBeR; 25-03-2013 at 21:02.

Procon Plugin Tester
    Actually, removing the in-game unban command would be better anyway, as we do our unbans through the webpage. Or, to be able to leave it in, we could just change the command to something else and just not publish it to our admins.........

So, would in-game admin still have to be turned on? That would kinda defeat the purpose of the plugin, as "Admins" could use the built in commands to get around using the plugin commands. Or do I not understand?

To disable unban command you can leave it empty . The same is for the Ingame Admin Plugin. Clear the commands which you want to disable for this plugin so everybody has to use the Banmanager commands to kick ban roundban or timeban and so on. But you need to let ingame admin enabled to switch maps and players and so.
    Last edited by DaMagicWoBBeR; 03-02-2013 at 13:49.

Procon Plugin Tester
    Ah, Ok......Why didn't I think of that.......lol

Alright, well, still kind of a moot point until I can import the remotebanlist data into banmanager.........

patiently waiting............lol............

Next week we will release a new version of the webpage with an importfunction for the cremotedatabase.

I have installed this plugin, the !b or any of the other ban commands do not seem to work right, if I issue the !b playername command I get nothing returned, no one gets banned, nothing is logged in the ban list or the mysql tables. If I do the same command but spell the players name wrong it comes back with player not found, so I know it is seeing the command.
    I think the problem is in the mysql connection with the ban manager but I don't see any errors in debug mode. Is anyone using this and have it working properly?

Procon Plugin Tester
    We tried it, but due to lack of updates/support, have gone back to the remotebanlist plugin, which for all intents and purposes, does a fine job. YMMV

Hutchew

I have installed this plugin, the !b or any of the other ban commands do not seem to work right, if I issue the !b playername command I get nothing returned, no one gets banned, nothing is logged in the ban list or the mysql tables. If I do the same command but spell the players name wrong it comes back with player not found, so I know it is seeing the command.
    I think the problem is in the mysql connection with the ban manager but I don't see any errors in debug mode. Is anyone using this and have it working properly?
    I need some more information. What Version of Procon, Ban Manager are you using? What MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver is set in the plugin and what Version are you using? Normally there must be an error message in the plugin console if something iss wrong with the connection to mysql database. Whats about the other commands like kick and slay?

We tried it, but due to lack of updates/support, have gone back to the remotebanlist plugin, which for all intents and purposes, does a fine job. YMMV

Hutchew
    I dont know what you mean. You had the spam problem and i fixed it immediately. You wanted an import function we added it to the webpage and no feedback if its working or not. So i think the only problem is a lack of feedback, cause what should i update if i dont know whether the plugin is working correctly or not. So a little bit of gratitude would be nice. And the cremoteban list is no more updated at the moment as far as i know.

Procon Plugin Tester
    WoBBer, I do appreciate your attempts to satisfy our needs. Don't think for a second I don't. Without developers such as yourself, we would be lost in this trainwreck of a game. There's your gratitude, and it is definitely heartfelt.

But, you never said that there was an update available, so I Ass-U-Me-ed that nothing had been done on it. So maybe we are both a bit lacking in communication skills; I didn't want to pester for updates, and you didn't convey that you had made any.

And you are correct; remotebanlist is not being updated, and Liebhold has directed further development towards your version. What will it take to be able to use your plugin with Liebhold's webpage? It's the bomb for searching chatlogs, players, bans, etc......

I will re-install forthwith and let you know how it does. It may be a week or two: RL is being a pain in my arse atm.

Thanks again,
    Hutchew
    Last edited by Hutchew; 15-03-2013 at 23:28.