Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    What happened to the plugin chat

    I remember in a previous version of this app that the host pc running the layer sent out chat' either plugin or actual admin, to the game server and it would also apear in iOS procon. I felt that to be really usefull for testing plugins without having to be in game to see if the messages actually came up. Was there a reason it was removed?????

  2. #2
    Developer
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hannover, Germany
    Posts
    464
    Quote Originally Posted by supermillhouse View Post
    ... the host pc running the layer sent out chat' either plugin or actual admin, to the game server and it would also apear in iOS procon.... Was there a reason it was removed?????
    Sorry... I don't understand this question. Could you explain further? What do you mean by "plugin chat"?

    Decker


  3. #3
    I currently have a server which is running a !forgive and !punish, now the say that gets outputed by this plugin like"You were killed be blabla type !punish or !forgive". That say message used to come up in the chat tab in iOS procon and it no longer does. I know the say dont come up in the pc version from the plugins but the iOS procon did. When wwe first were setting up the !punish !forgive it was a usefull feature to see all the comms heading to the server without actually being in game.

    By the way, loving portable procon, i get messages at work of problems and I can sort them out there and then
    Last edited by supermillhouse; 24-06-2012 at 21:23.

  4. #4
    Developer
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hannover, Germany
    Posts
    464
    Quote Originally Posted by supermillhouse View Post
    I currently have a server which is running a !forgive and !punish, now the say that gets outputed by this plugin like"You were killed be blabla type !punish or !forgive". That say message used to come up in the chat tab in iOS procon and it no longer does.
    The question is if there still occurs a "player.onChat" event in the rcon communication. You could look for such an event in the iOS Procon "console" tab. If such an event is fired and is not displayed in iOS Procons "chat/events" tab then you probably found a bug. It would be great if you could check this out and get back to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by supermillhouse View Post
    By the way, loving portable procon, i get messages at work of problems and I can sort them out there and then
    Thank you very much, I'm always happy for some feedback!


  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Decker View Post
    The question is if there still occurs a "player.onChat" event in the rcon communication. You could look for such an event in the iOS Procon "console" tab. If such an event is fired and is not displayed in iOS Procons "chat/events" tab then you probably found a bug. It would be great if you could check this out and get back to me.



    Thank you very much, I'm always happy for some feedback!
    The chat comes up in the console. "player.onChat Server This is the message" but not in the chat or event log. If you were to fix it I would recommend making it visible in chat with an enable/disabled to make it show up. Just encase it becomes irritating to some people and the want to turn it off. They may only want to see chat from the players and not the server also. I on the other hand would like it for testing.

    Regards

    Supermillhouse

  6. #6
    Developer
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hannover, Germany
    Posts
    464
    Quote Originally Posted by supermillhouse View Post
    The chat comes up in the console. "player.onChat Server This is the message" but not in the chat or event log. If you were to fix it I would recommend making it visible in chat with an enable/disabled to make it show up. Just encase it becomes irritating to some people and the want to turn it off. They may only want to see chat from the players and not the server also. I on the other hand would like it for testing.
    I'll look into this. If I get problems reproducing the issue I'll get back to you.


 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •