Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: In Game Admin with Reserved Slots v1.2.1

:arrow: 1.5.3 in the topic title

Re: In Game Admin with Reserved Slots v1.5.3 - 14 May 2010

Hi there,

just wondering about the possibility / difficulty of a shared list of reserved slots.
    eg there is currently a plug-in "Shared Banlists" - would it be possible to apply the same logic to the reserved slots list

good idea, but I think it is not that easy as with the banlist. Think the Reserved Slots are stored as part of the permission settings in each server.cfg.
    [align=center]

[/align]

I've looked into this more today - reserved slots are stored on the server in a document "reservedslotslist.txt" and can be edited / updated on the fly.

I've already adjusted the code in this plugin so it now has treserve (temp reserve) and preserve (perm reserve) - perm reserve takes 1 argument (the players name and implements auto correct etc based on the player being in the server)
    my next step is to add a third method (reserve which will be a perm reserve without the autocorrect for adding players that aren't currently in game)

I do have a couple of questions -
    I don't understand the need for the "reserved slot whitelist" - isn't this the same as the built in reserved slots list?
    and why the necessity for the logic of kicking somebody from the server on reserving a slot - wouldn't this leave you with a server that isn't full until the reserved slot actually joins?

From here I'm pretty confident that the "shared banlist" will work for reserved slots as well (at least for perm reserving) I guess for temporary reserved slots you would lose the ability to track when the player enters a server unless there was a secondary holding the timestamp the reserved slot was handed out at... We'll Call it TemporayReservedSlots.txt.

Am I right? or am I missing something?

I cannot find where to download this.
    Please help!

Upd. Someone fixed the link in the first post. Thank you very much!
    Last edited by Makovar; 12-06-2011 at 01:09.