Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by funnysergio View Post
    Hello i tried the code from post #10 but i got these :

Code:
    [13:03:21 92] [Insane Limits] ERROR: 3 errors compiling Code
    [13:03:21 92] [Insane Limits] ERROR: (CS1002, line: 22, column: 71):  ; attendu
    [13:03:21 92] [Insane Limits] ERROR: (CS0168, line: 51, column: 15):  La variable 'e' est déclarée, mais jamais utilisée
    [13:03:21 92] [Insane Limits] ERROR: (CS0162, line: 187, column: 13):  Impossible d'atteindre le code détecté
    Follow the directions in post #1, first_check Expression, but for the second_check Code, use the code from post #10 instead of from #1.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

Procon Plugin Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9 View Post
    Really? I double-checked the code and I'm sure I got the teams right. It's this code:

Code:
    /* Bail out if voter is not on the losing team */

int losing = (team1.ScoreRound < team2.ScoreRound) ? 1 : 2;

if (player.TeamId != losing) {
    	msg = "You are not on the losing team!";
    	ChatPlayer(player.Name);
    	return false;
    }
    What that says is, if team1 (US) score is lower than team2's (RU) score, the losing team is team 1. Otherwise, the losing team is team 2. Then, if the player voting is not on the same team as the losing team, they can't vote.

It's possible, in the case of close scores, for the winning and losing teams to switch back and forth. Is that what happened?

Yes it is simple and I went ahead and made the change, good suggestion! Pick up a new copy from post #10.
    Yep, positive it's backwards. Tried it again with the !surrender code and it allowed the winning team to vote, but not the losing team. At the time, the US team had @200 tickets less than the RU team. Otherwise, it looks like all will work once that issue is resolved.

Thanks for changing it to !surrender. That's just too cool.

Hutchew

Quote Originally Posted by Hutchew View Post
    Yep, positive it's backwards. Tried it again with the !surrender code and it allowed the winning team to vote, but not the losing team. At the time, the US team had @200 tickets less than the RU team. Otherwise, it looks like all will work once that issue is resolved.

Thanks for changing it to !surrender. That's just too cool.

Hutchew
    Wait, now I'm getting confused. By losing team, I mean the one with the lower score, not less tickets. Are you basing your "reversed" observation on tickets or point score?

Did you install the latest version, R3? I had an earlier version with the test reversed, which would indeed have the teams backwards, but I fixed that in later versions. You must have, since you mentioned !surrender.

If you are basing it on point score, it's possible Insane Limits is backwards. I'm just using the "team1" score for "1" and the "team2" score for "2". If those are backwards inside of Insane Limits, that would explain it, but I'd be very surprised if that were true.
    Last edited by PapaCharlie9; 08-06-2012 at 00:35.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

Procon Plugin Tester
    Wait, now I'm getting confused. By losing team, I mean the one with the lower score, not less tickets. Are you basing your "reversed" observation on tickets or point score?

Did you install the latest version, R3? I had an earlier version with the test reversed, which would indeed have the teams backwards, but I fixed that in later versions. You must have, since you mentioned !surrender.

If you are basing it on point score, it's possible Insane Limits is backwards. I'm just using the "team1" score for "1" and the "team2" score for "2". If those are backwards inside of Insane Limits, that would explain it, but I'd be very surprised if that were true.

Papa, Latest version from post #10 installed. That may very well be the case, as I was basing it off tickets, not score. I didn't think to look at that. Usually though, the team that is being base-raped is bleeding tickets and are at least 100 or more behind the other team, so I would think it would be better to base it off tickets instead of score.

Update- Yes it does work correctly off score instead of tickets. Any way to base off tickets only?

Thanks Papacharlie.

Hutchew

Papa, Latest version from post #10 installed. That may very well be the case, as I was basing it off tickets, not score. I didn't think to look at that. Usually though, the team that is being base-raped is bleeding tickets and are at least 100 or more behind the other team, so I would think it would be better to base it off tickets instead of score.

Update- Yes it does work correctly off score instead of tickets. Any way to base off tickets only?

Thanks Papacharlie.

Hutchew
    Whew, what a relief! I was going crazy trying to figure out why my code wasn't working. It's like you were seeing the sun rise in the west or that 1+1 equals 3.

Should the restriction be based on tickets or score? Or should any team be allowed to vote? I'm thinking for the !surrender version, it might be best to just let either team vote and remove the check altogether. Although maybe I'll change it to accept either !surrender or !votenext. For the !votecamp, maybe tickets would be best.

EDIT: Done and done. I modified the !surrender/!votenext version (post #10) to properly allow winners to vote as well as losers. The modification originally suggested in post #20 was wrong, it's been fixed.
    Last edited by PapaCharlie9; 08-06-2012 at 15:08.

Procon Plugin Tester
    Whew, what a relief! I was going crazy trying to figure out why my code wasn't working. It's like you were seeing the sun rise in the west or that 1+1 equals 3.

Should the restriction be based on tickets or score? Or should any team be allowed to vote? I'm thinking for the !surrender version, it might be best to just let either team vote and remove the check altogether. Although maybe I'll change it to accept either !surrender or !votenext. For the !votecamp, maybe tickets would be best.

EDIT: Done and done. I modified the !surrender/!votenext version (post #10) to properly allow winners to vote as well as losers. The modification originally suggested in post #20 was wrong, it's been fixed.
    I would like to see !surrender based on tickets, with 10% remaining and 100 tickets difference, as well as allowing winning team to vote as well, if you would, please.

Thanks again, Papa.

Hutchew

i think there is an issue with vote counter/timer
    Code:
    [15:41:56 79] [Insane Limits] [VoteNext] [TROL]TheTrollerHD voted to end the round
    [15:41:56 79] [Insane Limits] [VoteNext] vote timer started
    [15:41:56 79] [Insane Limits] Thread(say): sending 1 queued message ...
    [15:41:56 79] [Insane Limits] [VoteNext] Vote succeeded: round ends now, RU team wins!
    [15:41:56 81] [Insane Limits] Original command: !surrender
    yes it is broken, it is not counting votes, if someone votes the round ends ... i disabled till there is a fix.
    Last edited by HexaCanon; 09-06-2012 at 14:47.
    Feeding is my job.

Quote Originally Posted by HexaCanon View Post
    i think there is an issue with vote counter/timer
    Code:
    [15:41:56 79] [Insane Limits] [VoteNext] [TROL]TheTrollerHD voted to end the round
    [15:41:56 79] [Insane Limits] [VoteNext] vote timer started
    [15:41:56 79] [Insane Limits] Thread(say): sending 1 queued message ...
    [15:41:56 79] [Insane Limits] [VoteNext] Vote succeeded: round ends now, RU team wins!
    [15:41:56 81] [Insane Limits] Original command: !surrender
    yes it is broken, it is not counting votes, if someone votes the round ends ... i disabled till there is a fix.
    Good catch. The vote counting was broken. I have fixed it. The update and fix are in post #10. Thanks!

I would like to see !surrender based on tickets, with 10% remaining and 100 tickets difference, as well as allowing winning team to vote as well, if you would, please.

Thanks again, Papa.

Hutchew
    Already done. It's already changed to be based on tickets and the winning team is allowed to vote, up to the number of losing team votes. The 10% remaining is the default and is already set (see minTicketPercent in the code). For 100 tickets difference, find minTicketGap in the code and change 50 (the default) to 100. In general, anything that says CUSTOMIZE in the code is something you can change to customize the behavior of the limit.

NOTE: due to the R24 queue problem and "ghost players", the calculation of needed votes might be understated. That is, if you see 60 players total, 30 on each team with a 50% required vote, the needed votes should be 15, but it might be a lower number, like 14 or 12, due to some of the 60 players being ghost players. PRoCon/Insane Limits doesn't know about those players, so it may think the total number of players is lower than it actually is.

Nothing I can do about that, we just have to wait for this to get fixed in BF3.