Thread: Minor issues

Minor issues

The Map list and Ban list UITableViews allow a swipe to the right of a row to delete maps or bans regardless of whether the user has sufficient privileges to do so. For example, the Edit button at the top of the navigation bar is disabled, and the message underneath the table view says "Insufficient rights to edit the map list", I was still able to delete all the maps in the list by using the swipe motion and clicking the delete button.

While this is probably a cosmetic issue, you might want to implement '-tableView:canEditRowAtIndexPath:' to return a value based on the user's rights.

Can you put an "add ban" button at the top of the ban page? It can be a pain to scroll to the bottom for it if your server has a lot of bans.

Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by NSGod View Post
    The Map list and Ban list UITableViews allow a swipe to the right of a row to delete maps or bans regardless of whether the user has sufficient privileges to do so. For example, the Edit button at the top of the navigation bar is disabled, and the message underneath the table view says "Insufficient rights to edit the map list", I was still able to delete all the maps in the list by using the swipe motion and clicking the delete button.

While this is probably a cosmetic issue, you might want to implement '-tableView:canEditRowAtIndexPath:' to return a value based on the user's rights.
    A bug report with a resolution already included! Awesome!

Just added this to the code:

- (BOOL)tableView: (UITableView *)tableView canEditRowAtIndexPath: (NSIndexPath *)indexPath {
    if (![dataSource proconRight:kCanEditBanList]) return NO;
    return [super tableView:tableView canEditRowAtIndexPath:indexPath];
    }

Now it works! Expect your fix to be added to v1.20 which is coming soon...
    Last edited by Decker; 13-06-2012 at 20:13.

Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by propbndr View Post
    Can you put an "add ban" button at the top of the ban page? It can be a pain to scroll to the bottom for it if your server has a lot of bans.
    Even though you reported this issue for iOS Procon for BFBC2 before I managed to make the same mistake again... sorry...

There's always a lack of space for extra buttons (well, not on the iPad but on the iPhone/iPod). But how about i'll just let the ban list scroll down to the bottom automatically when you open it. Would that be okay, too?

Just another minor issue, is the inability of setting the server to hardcore mode because the server settings is missing the setting of vars.crossHair.

I had to issue a rcon command to set the variable to false so I could set the server to hardcore mode.

Any chance of having a button(s) that actually issues a bunch of rcon commands that set the server to hardcore/normal modes?

Developer
    I'll add croshair to the settings - no problem. Maybe even some shortcut buttons for normal and hardcore mode.
    It won't be in the next patch 1.20 though because the next patch - which is the close quarters patch - is already in the Apple review queue.
    So 1.21 it will be...

Hey Decker, great work with the iOs procon. I notice though that it only bans by EA GUID. Is there a way to make it to ban by PB GUID?
    Last edited by Warrior124; 24-06-2012 at 15:02.

Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior124 View Post
    Hey Decker, great work with the iOs procon.
    Thank you very much, I appreciate your feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior124 View Post
    I notice though that it only bans by EA GUID. Is there a way to make it to ban by PB GUID?
    At the moment - as you know - we only have the "punkbuster console" tab to watch the pb events and a button to enter raw pb commands - thats pretty much it. More pb related features like extra buttons for pb screenshots, pb bans are on the list for future app updates but I can't promise I'll be in the next update already.

Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Poon View Post
    Just another minor issue, is the inability of setting the server to hardcore mode because the server settings is missing the setting of vars.crossHair.

I had to issue a rcon command to set the variable to false so I could set the server to hardcore mode.

Any chance of having a button(s) that actually issues a bunch of rcon commands that set the server to hardcore/normal modes?
    Hey Poon!

I just noticed that the current rcon protocol does not seem to know about "vars.crossHair". It'll respond with "UnknownCommand". Considering that there's no point adding the variable atm.

Decker
    Last edited by Decker; 01-07-2012 at 09:15.