Page 3 of 308 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Well here is my first post (hope its in the right spot). I need to find a way for IL to get Kill Assist %. It's there in battle log as Kill Assist xxx (numeric value). I am sure IL can do the math for a %, if not numeric value would be better than nothing. Is there someway to get it working before it possibly becomes part of some future patch?

IL has flexiblity for many functions but current stats retrieved from battle log includes repair tool, ammo and revives all go to the kind of player subject is but it's not relevant in trying to control instances of hackers (can live without those 3 stats). Kill Assist is a very important attribute to look at when reviewing stats and would really like to find a way to get IL calculating this to simplify process.

Thanks in advance.

ps. you have True & False, when typing regex. (what ever that means lol) is there a negative or opposite for .success? I am 2 weeks new at C#...

Quote Originally Posted by Learning-Curve View Post
    Well here is my first post (hope its in the right spot). I need to find a way for IL to get Kill Assist %. It's there in battle log as Kill Assist xxx (numeric value). I am sure IL can do the math for a %, if not numeric value would be better than nothing. Is there someway to get it working before it possibly becomes part of some future patch?

IL has flexiblity for many functions but current stats retrieved from battle log includes repair tool, ammo and revives all go to the kind of player subject is but it's not relevant in trying to control instances of hackers (can live without those 3 stats). Kill Assist is a very important attribute to look at when reviewing stats and would really like to find a way to get IL calculating this to simplify process.

Thanks in advance.

ps. you have True & False, when typing regex. (what ever that means lol) is there a negative or opposite for .success? I am 2 weeks new at C#...
    See this post.
    Developer of PBSS Scanner || Feedback Thread

Thanks for the link but with only 2 weeks of this C# stuff I just cant piece it together from the link you provided. I will save it and hope there is one post that I can get it to work & without errors. Dont know what I'm doing so could just be adding it wrong. Dont need hand holding but baby steps work lol. Thanks for trying...peace

ps. still dont know what or if there is an opposite to .success in regex.
    managed to piece together 29 limits so its not all bad...

Thanks for the link but with only 2 weeks of this C# stuff I just cant piece it together from the link you provided. I will save it and hope there is one post that I can get it to work & without errors. Dont know what I'm doing so could just be adding it wrong. Dont need hand holding but baby steps work lol. Thanks for trying...peace

ps. still dont know what or if there is an opposite to .success in regex.
    managed to piece together 29 limits so its not all bad...
    Did it myself, you can download the modified plugin below.

You must use the key player.killAssists

Download: InsaneLimits_0.0.0.8-patch-3-singh-mod.zip
    Last edited by Singh400; 28-05-2012 at 00:38.

Well I appreciate your time in doing it for me. It does infact work now so TY. Unfortunately for me I think someone is either part of the solution or part of the problem, which inturn doing it for me left me thinking I still had a problem. I didnt see a new limit so concluded you added the code directly to (.cs) [I would have never got all the right places even if I knew to add it to (.cs)]

I decided to DL note++ and play a game of "FIND WALDO" to see what exactly you did. Now I have a better understanding of the input required with limits. An example of this and correct me if I am wrong but regex is a string that only needs to be .success or you just wouldn't write the string? Where as True & False just allows the next check/action to occur or not.

I did notice input for percent on other entries and will endeavor to enable that part for kill assists so as to use it as an onjoin limit alert. It will end in a oooh-rah or oooh-help lol. Thanks again singh...peace
    Last edited by Learning-Curve; 27-05-2012 at 06:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Singh400 View Post
    Did it myself, you can download the modified plugin below.

You must use the key player.killAssists

Download: Attachment 1648
    Mirror: http://ge.tt/7CpXYEI/v/0
    Threw together a Kill Assists Percentage Logger for anyone interested.

Well I appreciate your time in doing it for me. It does infact work now so TY. Unfortunately for me I think someone is either part of the solution or part of the problem, which inturn doing it for me left me thinking I still had a problem. I didnt see a new limit so concluded you added the code directly to (.cs) [I would have never got all the right places even if I knew to add it to (.cs)]

I decided to DL note++ and play a game of "FIND WALDO" to see what exactly you did. Now I have a better understanding of the input required with limits. An example of this and correct me if I am wrong but regex is a string that only needs to be .success or you just wouldn't write the string? Where as True & False just allows the next check/action to occur or not.

I did notice input for percent on other entries and will endeavor to enable that part for kill assists so as to use it as an onjoin limit alert. It will end in a oooh-rah or oooh-help lol. Thanks again singh...peace
    To be honest I'm not a hot shot at REGEX either. PapaCharlie is the expert here. I'm just learning as I go along.

I'm a little nervous about you guys hacking on Insane Limits and posting the sources without micovery's buy-in. I'm okay with hacking for personal usage (I've done so myself) and I'm okay with sharing it with one or two others via PM, but posting it might end up causing problems, particularly for me. If a bunch of people start using it and reporting problems, how am I suppose to know what version they are using? I've got my hands full supporting one version of the plugin, I'm not really looking forward to supporting two versions.

At the very least, change the version number. Change the GetPluginVersion function to return something like "0.0.0.8-patch-3-singh-mod". That is, if you haven't already. I didn't look at your code.

This post has a short tutorial on Regex:

http://www.phogue.net/forumvb/showth...ll=1#post43169

To do the opposite of a match, for example, if you want to do something for everything that does NOT match "M320", do this:

Code:
    ( !Regex.Match(kill.Weapon, @"M320", RegexOptions.IgnoreCase).Success )
    The ! operator means logical not. So if the Success returns true, the ! makes it false. If the Success returns false, the ! makes it true.
    Last edited by PapaCharlie9; 27-05-2012 at 15:49.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

First of all, I want to say THANK YOU PapaCharlie for everything you've provided. I have over 20 limits running regularly on my BF3 server, and it has made things SO much easier.

I've been pretty keen about taking your existing examples and tweaking them to my usage, but there's one that I can't seem to figure out, and I've finally cracked and joined up to reach out for help. (An IT guy asking for help..my pride lol)

I want tt make a warning system for campers, that is very similar to this warning system : http://www.phogue.net/forumvb/showth...derslung-limit

Basically, I want it so they can say !camper after they get killed by someone hunkered down in a corner, laying down or generally not moving. The warning system would be the same - 3 strikes and youre out, sending a warning message to the camper telling them they have complaints against them each time, etc. Is this something you could test out for me? I would be eternally grateful, and even throw a donation your way for all your help, past and present.

Many many thanks!

- Cory

Question what are the advantages/disadvantages (if any) of using the first_check, second_check and action?

So for example I've got this limit:-

But what if I just combined the entire limit into one piece of code in first_check like this?
    Code:
    if ( player.Spm > 1150 )
    	{
    		plugin.Log("Logs/InsaneLimits_SPM.csv", plugin.R("%date%,%time%,%p_n%,%l_n%,%p_pg%"));
    		plugin.EABanPlayerWithMessage(EABanType.Name, EABanDuration.Permanent, player.Name, 0, "[Auto-Admin] Your SPM is higher than 1150");
    	}

return false;
    Would it decrease/increase load on the layer? Or would there be no difference at all? Are there any advantages/disadvantages to combining everything into one piece of code or is it better to have things separated out into actions, expressions and code?

Quote Originally Posted by Singh400 View Post
    Question what are the advantages/disadvantages (if any) of using the first_check, second_check and action?
    Would it decrease/increase load on the layer? Or would there be no difference at all? Are there any advantages/disadvantages to combining everything into one piece of code or is it better to have things separated out into actions, expressions and code?
    There are only two operational differences between first_check and second_check:
    1) second_check executes only if first_check returns true
    2) the limit object is in scope only for second_check, you can't reference it in first_check

So if you don't use the limit object, it's fine to put everything in first_check. If you leave second_check disabled, it automatically returns true if it is executed, i.e., if first_check returns true. Thus you can combine first_check code with Actions if you want.

Putting everything in code, rather than Actions, has the advantage of making all the code available in a !dump of the limit. Actions are not saved in the !dump file.

No change in load on the layer.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.