Page 2 of 313 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomgun View Post
    Vehicle Vote

is it possible to to program Limits or proconrulz to have a vote before the round is over wether to have vehicles next round or not? It will need to be fore the next round only unless the vote was passed on the next round aswell. Plus if its possible to have a slots counter so it the vote can be activated after a chose number of players in the server. If it could work like the map vote plugin that would be great, 1 vote per person, on/off depending on how many are in the server (low numbers will be off), time left of map before voting is displayed, can be on all game types or selected ones on the admins choice (admin will need to set it up).

I play HC but this could be handy for softcore admins aswell
    Welcome to the Insane Limits community.

I'll add this to my list of examples to write up. It should be fairly easy to do, particularly since you provided a lot of detail.

I might as well do a map vote example as well. The code will be 99% the same.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Realtec View Post
    Some weapon names appear like Weapons/m9/m9 or something like that but i want to strip the mess and make it m9 in this example.

I found some code in another thread:
    Code:
    	Match m = Regex.Match(kill.Weapon, @"/[^/]+$");
    	String wn = kill.Weapon;
    	if(m.Success) wn = m.Groups[1].Value;
    This works sometimes but sometimes the weapon name is empty.
    How can i make this work?

Thanks in advance
    Whoops! Can you tell me where you found that code? I want to go fix the original.

The correct code is as follows:

Code:
    	Match m = Regex.Match(kill.Weapon, @"/([^/]+)$");
    	String wn = kill.Weapon;
    	if(m.Success) wn = m.Groups[1].Value;
    Last edited by PapaCharlie9; 25-05-2012 at 01:25.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

Hey Guys ...

Im an absolutly noob in insane Limits ! So i need your help !!!!

I need a rule for the Map Metro with M67 Nade Kill Limit of 8 !! After 10 the player will be kicked !

So when playerA kills one or two (or maybe more) guys the counter should go +1 !

so it doesnt matter how many people he kills with one Nade ! But after 8 drafts (inclusive kills) he get a message with " Ur nade limit is reached be carefull"

After the 9 kill he get a message with " Ur Nade limit is reached ! One more kill and u will be kicked"

@ 10 kill he will kicked !

After Kick the counter get a reset

Oooh and after first draft inclusive kill it would be nice ... that he get a message with "Our Nade limit is set to 8 Kills"

THX for ur help ....

Quote Originally Posted by DeviousDevil View Post
    If possible, I would like to see a limit that would check battle log and determine if the player has ever had their stats wiped. maybe something with the accounts creation date vrs stats/time played. If a players stats have been reset then they would be kicked from the server... I genuinely believe its better to be safe than sorry when it comes to questionable accounts...
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9 View Post
    Find me an example player link and the data that shows wiped vs. not wiped and I'll let you know if Insane Limits can detect that data. I already know it doesn't get creation date. Rank vs. time played should be possible, though.
    Example:-
    terrorcownl - Battlelog / Battlefield 3
    History - terrorcownl - BF3 Stats
    Developer of PBSS Scanner || Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DonKim View Post
    Hey Guys ...

Im an absolutly noob in insane Limits ! So i need your help !!!!

I need a rule for the Map Metro with M67 Nade Kill Limit of 8 !! After 10 the player will be kicked !

So when playerA kills one or two (or maybe more) guys the counter should go +1 !

so it doesnt matter how many people he kills with one Nade ! But after 8 drafts (inclusive kills) he get a message with " Ur nade limit is reached be carefull"

After the 9 kill he get a message with " Ur Nade limit is reached ! One more kill and u will be kicked"

@ 10 kill he will kicked !

After Kick the counter get a reset

Oooh and after first draft inclusive kill it would be nice ... that he get a message with "Our Nade limit is set to 8 Kills"

THX for ur help ....
    You're in luck. Someone recently requested a limit that was very similar, only they warned on 4 and punished on 5. You can just make the same changes to the code and change 4 to 8 and 5 to 10, and change the messages:

http://www.phogue.net/forumvb/showth...ll=1#post50502

Good example, but I'm having a hard time finding a stat that definitively shows a reset. This guy already has all his stats back to pre-reset highs. I couldn't get the History to show Rank.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9 View Post
    Good example, but I'm having a hard time finding a stat that definitively shows a reset. This guy already has all his stats back to pre-reset highs. I couldn't get the History to show Rank.
    SPM I think is definitive enough I think...

Developer of PBSS Scanner || Feedback Thread

Hey Papa,

the code you send to Donkim causes a kick at first kill. I'm sure i made something wrong...

Can you please take a look at the code and tell me what's wrong ?

Thanks

limit_5_evaluation: OnKill
    limit_5_first_check: Expression
    limit_5_first_check_expression: ( Regex.Match(kill.Weapon, @"(:?M67)", RegexOptions.IgnoreCase).Success )

limit_5_second_check: Code

limit_5_second_check_code:

Code:
    /* Version: V0.8/R1 */
    String kCounter = killer.Name + "_TreatAsOne_Count";
    TimeSpan time = TimeSpan.FromSeconds(5); // Activations within 5 seconds count as 1

int warnings = 0;
    if (server.Data.issetInt(kCounter)) warnings = server.Data.getInt(kCounter);

/*
    The first time through, warnings is zero. Whether this is an isolated
    activation or the first of a sequence of activations in a short period
    of time, do something on this first time through.
    */
    String msg = "none";
    if (warnings == 0) {
            return false;
    }

/*
    The second and subsequent times through, check to make sure we are not
    getting multiple activations in a short period of time. Ignore if
    less than the time span required.
    */

if (limit.Activations(killer.Name, time) > 1) return false;

/*
    We get here only if there was exactly one activation in the time span
    */

if (warnings == 3) {
            msg = plugin.R("FINAL WARNING %k_n%! Only 8 M67 kills allowed!"); // Second warning message
            plugin.SendGlobalMessage(msg);
    		plugin.ServerCommand("admin.yell", msg, "player", killer.Name);
            plugin.PRoConChat("ADMIN > " + msg);
    } else if (warnings >= 4) {
            msg = plugin.R("Kicking %k_n% for ignoring warnings and killing with %w_n%!");
            plugin.PRoConEvent(msg, "Insane Limits");
            plugin.KickPlayerWithMessage(killer.Name, msg);
    }
    server.Data.setInt(kCounter, warnings+1);
    return false;

Quote Originally Posted by Singh400 View Post
    SPM I think is definitive enough I think...
    All Insane Limits will have is the latest time in game and SPM. According to the chart, that's 25 hours, 18 minutes, 39 seconds with an SPM of 2048. No logic can tell that apart from a guy that did not have a reset, that's what I meant. Of course, any SPM over 800 after 10 hours is suspect in it's own right, it just wouldn't necessarily indicate a reset.

Change the plot to Time instead of Date and you'll see what I mean. None of those curves look different at the end point because of the reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Clan_Grandpa View Post
    Hey Papa,

the code you send to Donkim causes a kick at first kill. I'm sure i made something wrong...

Can you please take a look at the code and tell me what's wrong ?

Thanks

limit_5_evaluation: OnKill
    limit_5_first_check: Expression
    limit_5_first_check_expression: ( Regex.Match(kill.Weapon, @"(:?M67)", RegexOptions.IgnoreCase).Success )

limit_5_second_check: Code

limit_5_second_check_code:

Code:
    /* Version: V0.8/R1 */
    TimeSpan time = TimeSpan.FromSeconds(5); // Activations within 5 seconds count as 1

int warnings = 0;
    if (server.Data.issetInt(kCounter)) warnings = server.Data.getInt(kCounter);

/*
    The first time through, warnings is zero. Whether this is an isolated
    activation or the first of a sequence of activations in a short period
    of time, do something on this first time through.
    */
    String msg = "none";
    if (warnings == 0) {
            return false;
    }

/*
    The second and subsequent times through, check to make sure we are not
    getting multiple activations in a short period of time. Ignore if
    less than the time span required.
    */

if (limit.Activations(killer.Name, time) > 1) return false;

/*
    We get here only if there was exactly one activation in the time span
    */

if (warnings == 3) {
            msg = plugin.R("FINAL WARNING %k_n%! Only 8 M67 kills allowed!"); // Second warning message
    		plugin.ServerCommand("admin.yell", msg, "player", killer.Name);
    } else if (warnings >= 4) {
            msg = plugin.R("Kicking %k_n% for ignoring warnings and killing with %w_n%!");
            plugin.PRoConEvent(msg, "Insane Limits");
            plugin.KickPlayerWithMessage(killer.Name, msg);
    }
    server.Data.setInt(kCounter, warnings+1);
    return false;
    Might have been my mistake (original link?). The first_check expression needs to be changed to this:

Code:
    ( Regex.Match(kill.Weapon, @"(?:M67)", RegexOptions.IgnoreCase).Success )
    Also, in second_check, try changing this line:

Code:
    to this:

Code:
    String kCounter = killer.Name + "_TreatAsOne_Grenade";
    Last edited by PapaCharlie9; 26-05-2012 at 19:47.