Page 1 of 313 1231151101 ... LastLast

Question Insane Limits Requests

Post requests for new limits or for help with Examples that don't have their own threads here. For examples that do have their own threads, post in that thread.

I'm going to try to retire the Examples thread itself. It's getting awfully long and has diverged from its original purpose. If you have a new example, go ahead and post it there.

Old archived Examples thread is here: https://forum.myrcon.com/showthread....imits-Examples
    Last edited by PapaCharlie9; 08-03-2014 at 19:32.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

How's the "PapaCharlie9 balancer" coming along?

So playing around with an idea in my head on how to automate something on my server.

Code:
    plugin.ServerCommand ( "/procon.protected.plugins.enable" "CBasicInGameInfo" "False" ) ;
    or

Code:
    plugin.ServerCommand ( "procon.protected.plugins.enable" "CBasicInGameInfo" "False" ) ;
    I want the ability to disable a plugin (eventually after a certain time has passed and when dropped below x number of players). But I can't get the initial command to play ball. ProCon receives the command. That much I can see. But it just says "UnknownCommand".

Any ideas? Eventually the trigger will be OnIntervalServer, but for now I'm just using a manual trigger of @singh.
    Developer of PBSS Scanner || Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pharbehind View Post
    How's the "PapaCharlie9 balancer" coming along?
    Fixed yet another bug today. I keep thinking every new test run is the last one, then I find another problem. The one I fixed yesterday was a huge bug, players intended to be moved to unstack were actually making stacking worse under certain circumstances.

I'll keep testing, but I won't post it until I'm pretty sure it's free of major bugs. Not there yet.
    Don't send me private messages (PMs) unless you really need privacy, like your game server password. If you just have a question or need help, post in one of the threads. It's extra work for me to answer questions and give help in private messages and no one else gets the benefit of the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Singh400 View Post
    So playing around with an idea in my head on how to automate something on my server.

Code:
    plugin.ServerCommand ( "/procon.protected.plugins.enable" "CBasicInGameInfo" "False" ) ;
    or

Code:
    plugin.ServerCommand ( "procon.protected.plugins.enable" "CBasicInGameInfo" "False" ) ;
    I want the ability to disable a plugin (eventually after a certain time has passed and when dropped below x number of players). But I can't get the initial command to play ball. ProCon receives the command. That much I can see. But it just says "UnknownCommand".

Any ideas? Eventually the trigger will be OnIntervalServer, but for now I'm just using a manual trigger of @singh.
    It's not possible to do with Insane Limits. The PRoCon API you need is not exposed to a limit. The ServerCommand function call in Insane Limits is itself a procon.protected.send. So all you are doing is "procon.protected.send procon.protected.plugins.enable CBasicInGameInfo False".

If you want to hack on Insane Limits itself, it would be very easy to add a wrapper function that just called this.ExecuteCommand with whatever parameters you wanted. If I were to do it, I'd just clone the public void ServerCommand function, rename it, and have it call this.ExecuteCommand with the array of parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9 View Post
    It's not possible to do with Insane Limits. The PRoCon API you need is not exposed to a limit. The ServerCommand function call in Insane Limits is itself a procon.protected.send. So all you are doing is "procon.protected.send procon.protected.plugins.enable CBasicInGameInfo False".

If you want to hack on Insane Limits itself, it would be very easy to add a wrapper function that just called this.ExecuteCommand with whatever parameters you wanted. If I were to do it, I'd just clone the public void ServerCommand function, rename it, and have it call this.ExecuteCommand with the array of parameters.
    Whoa, that's a little bit beyond my skill at the moment!
    Developer of PBSS Scanner || Feedback Thread

If possible, I would like to see a limit that would check battle log and determine if the player has ever had their stats wiped. maybe something with the accounts creation date vrs stats/time played. If a players stats have been reset then they would be kicked from the server... I genuinely believe its better to be safe than sorry when it comes to questionable accounts...

Vehicle Vote

is it possible to to program Limits or proconrulz to have a vote before the round is over wether to have vehicles next round or not? It will need to be fore the next round only unless the vote was passed on the next round aswell. Plus if its possible to have a slots counter so it the vote can be activated after a chose number of players in the server. If it could work like the map vote plugin that would be great, 1 vote per person, on/off depending on how many are in the server (low numbers will be off), time left of map before voting is displayed, can be on all game types or selected ones on the admins choice (admin will need to set it up).

I play HC but this could be handy for softcore admins aswell
    Last edited by Tomgun; 24-05-2012 at 12:28.

Some weapon names appear like Weapons/m9/m9 or something like that but i want to strip the mess and make it m9 in this example.

I found some code in another thread:
    Code:
    	Match m = Regex.Match(kill.Weapon, @"/[^/]+$");
    	String wn = kill.Weapon;
    	if(m.Success) wn = m.Groups[1].Value;
    This works sometimes but sometimes the weapon name is empty.
    How can i make this work?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by DeviousDevil View Post
    If possible, I would like to see a limit that would check battle log and determine if the player has ever had their stats wiped. maybe something with the accounts creation date vrs stats/time played. If a players stats have been reset then they would be kicked from the server... I genuinely believe its better to be safe than sorry when it comes to questionable accounts...
    Find me an example player link and the data that shows wiped vs. not wiped and I'll let you know if Insane Limits can detect that data. I already know it doesn't get creation date. Rank vs. time played should be possible, though.