PRoCon Layer Setup help.

Ok we just figured this out and i thought i would share it with everyone that is having issues.

Starting PRoCon Layer Server

1.) Add your servers

2.) Go to Tools>Manage Accounts

3.) Add your admins and create a password for them. (Use the admins exact in game soldier name)

4.) Give the admins the correct privileges by going to the Accounts tab and selecting their name.

5.) Turn on PRoCon Layer Server.

6.) You can leave everything there as default.

7.) Make sure your correct ports are forwarded 27260 is default. if your running more than 1 server you need to change the port number for each one. IE Server 1 is port 27260 Server 2 is port 27261 Server 3 is 27262 etc etc

8.) TEST YOUR PORT FORWARDING. Theres a nifty button to test connection to procon layer server. use it. if it comes back ok your all set with starting it up. if not then check you firewall or router to make sure ports are forwarded properly.

Connecting to PRoCon Layer Server.

1.) When you test your connection it will conveniently tell you the IP and Port so save that for people to connect to it.

2.) Have whoever is going to be connecting put the IP to the Procon server in the Host Field at the top, followed by port, Their Username and Password you gave them through Manage Accounts.

3.) Tadaaa they are connected.

If you are still having problems connected first make sure your ports are forwarded properly.
    Secondly make sure the their privileges are set correctly.( see step 4 on Connecting)

Who?

Re: PRoCon Layer Setup help.

Stickying and thanking you =)

I should also add here that the account name can (and is!) used by plugins now and in the future. You should pick your account names to be exactly as the admins in game soldier name (for added security it is case sensitive).

Your welcome. also updated the post to reflect what you said.

Also and fyi to people you can use a service like no-ip.com to be able to use a url to your PC rather than an ip if you'd like.

I'm not affiliated with them in any way just I use it and think it's easier to hand admins a URL than an IP. Also helps if your broadband provider changes your ip every now and then (like alot of them do)

Your account name doesn't include your clan tag, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jschmuck2
    Your account name doesn't include your clan tag, does it?
    No. Just your player name.

Procon Addict

Quote Originally Posted by mentorkyrom
    Also and fyi to people you can use a service like no-ip.com to be able to use a url to your PC rather than an ip if you'd like.

I'm not affiliated with them in any way just I use it and think it's easier to hand admins a URL than an IP. Also helps if your broadband provider changes your ip every now and then (like alot of them do)
    Yeah, that's what I did at first and it works great as long as you can get the port forwarding and firewall exceptions right. I was running it on my son's computer, but any time the computer had a problem, PRoCon would stop responding, so I eventually put it onto a dedicated server I had access to.

Founder - No Smacktards Gaming Community - Check out our MOHW server today!

Who?

I've dropped this as a sticky because the information is duplicated and credited in the FAQ.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=109