Locks up frequently.

Hi, I'm running the latest version of the app on a 4S, however I experience sluggish performance and it locks up often whenever I try to select something.

Clicking on a name on the players list causes the app to pause for about 30 to 60 seconds. This happens on both WiFi and 3G.

This is on a 24 and a 32 Player server running through a layer.

Developer
    It sounds like a serious bug. I haven't ever personally experienced anything like the issues you are describing here. Most people like to describe the App as "very stable" in the App Store Reviews.

...but there was once another guy who posted about an issue which he called "lagging of the iOS App". See here: http://www.phogue.net/forumvb/showth...ion-BUG-iphone
    There was a certain language barrier involved which made everything a bit more complicated. In the end it turned out that if he deactivated the "ProconRulz" plugin on his layer that the problems with the iOS App would disappear. To be honest I did not have the faintest idea what was going on. I then tried to reproduce the problem on my layer server using the plugins he used plus his exact plugin settings but was unfortunately unsuccessful in doing so. Up to now this problem has not really been resolved.

Anyhow, to see whats going on in your case I'd really like to ask you to create a temporary low-rights account on your layer server and send me the connection details via PM so I could log on and see what is going wrong there. Thank you very much for your help in advance!

Decker.
    Last edited by Decker; 01-05-2012 at 20:10.

Developer
    Just to keep everyone updated:

Like before the issue seems to be related to the ProconRulz Plugin because switching it off will result in iOS Procon returning to normal operation.

Outcasst set up some test accounts for me an I'm trying to find out whats going on using these accounts. I'll keep you updated.

Developer
    I probably figured it out by now. The problem just seems to be that the ProconRulz plugin generates an enormous amount of additional rcon traffic.

I'll contact the plugin author and try to find a solution.
    Last edited by Decker; 05-05-2012 at 20:14.

Hi folks - I'm the ProconRulz developer and I'll have a look and see if we can work out what's going on.

First thing would be to get some advice on how this rcon traffic has been measured - on my system I don't see any high data volumes - just the normal events coming from the game server (i.e. people spawn, get killed, maps change, etc).

If you give me a connection to a layer server that is generating lots of traffic I'll connect a (Windows) Procon client to it and have a look at the data.

ProconRulz is designed to be as lightweight as possible, i.e. data traffic is designed to be dominated by the events coming FROM the game server - so if there's additional information being generated somehow I'm fairly confident we can track that down and fix it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    For the ProconRulz Procon Plugin, always read the first post in the ProconRulz thread. See also the ONLINE DOCUMENTATION for information regarding writing your own rulz.

Developer
    Issue solved:

If you connect to a Procon layer server which uses the ProconRulz plugin be sure to set the "Trace Rules" option in the plugin settings to "No"!

The "Trace Rules" option is a debug feature which - when activated - will basically lead to a massive increase of rcon traffic caused by debugging data send over to all layer server clients. The phone simply can't deal with that amout of "rcon spam" and will show a drop in performance.

Big thanks go out to Outcaast who provided a test server and of course to BamBam and ty_Ger07 who helped figure out the actual problem.