Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Linux root server or vps are often cheaper the windows boxes.

Procon 2 Alpha Test Group - Senior Leader Tester - Alpha Division
    Just a suggestion or idea, setup procon config on windows ie: Steps 1 - 11 as alot of this is easier using the GUI, then zip it up and unzip on Linux and go from step 12 onwards.

Saves alot of time, but there may be something I'm missing. I'm not very experienced in Linux.

Also if there was a problem eg: You state its not developed for windows, can you then zip it up again and move it to a windows machine and debug if necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by k4n30 View Post

Also if there was a problem eg: You state its not developed for windows, can you then zip it up again and move it to a windows machine and debug if necessary?
    procon layer IS developed for windows its linux its not.

Developer
    Hi.

We have no dedicated development focus which covers linux like iOS done by Decker and Android by leomar75.

Procon Frostbite is developed for Windows but we tried to have it mono compatible. This allows to run it on Linux with the help of mono. I would guess it also might run under Mac OS X with the help of mono.

But to answer k4n30 question:
    You could zip up your Linux hosted Procon folder, transfer it to a Windows machine and run it there for debug because the same files are used as mono runs the windows files.

Greets
    Phil.

Hi,

My procon on linux is working, comunicating with server, but it can't see any plugins, can anyone help me to fix it?

Sorry for my english.
    Greets
    Mikey

Quote Originally Posted by Singh400 View Post
    Out of interest...are there are advantages to running the layer on Linux as opposed to Windows?
    I would say if you happen to already run a linux-based server for other things then the advantage would be that you dont have to have a new machine for this.

A Noobie question here guys,

Is Centos 5x a linux os? I have followed all the steps and im getting an error while hitting "mono ProCon.Console.exe" saying "Cannot open assembly ProCon.Console.exe."

I dont have the greatest of knowledge on CentOS

Regards,
    Geordie

Could you check the mono version. Centos is linux disti which stuck very long on old software version. You might need to install an additional software repro to get an newer mono release. Are you file permissions are correct?

Quote Originally Posted by XpKiller View Post
    Could you check the mono version. Centos is linux disti which stuck very long on old software version. You might need to install an additional software repro to get an newer mono release. Are you file permissions are correct?
    Hey XpKiller,

Heres my version of mono --version,

Mono JIT compiler version 2.10.8 (tarball Wed Jun 27 00:07:07 BST 2012)
    Copyright (C) 2002-2011 Novell, Inc, Xamarin, Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
    TLS: __thread
    SIGSEGV: altstack
    Notifications: epoll
    Architecture: amd64
    Disabled: none
    Misc: softdebug
    LLVM: supported, not enabled.
    GC: Included Boehm (with typed GC and Parallel Mark)

As for the file perms, what do i need to check? I'm running everything as root user on the vps. If you would be so kind to instruct me on what needs doing with the file perm that would be great.

Regards,
    Geordie

P.s

Just managed to run it, now i see this...

Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    at PRoCon.Core.PRoConApplication.HighestNetFrameworkV ersion () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at PRoCon.Core.PRoConApplication.SendUsageData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at PRoCon.Core.PRoConApplication.ReconnectVersionChec ker () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at System.Threading.Thread.StartInternal () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    [ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    at PRoCon.Core.PRoConApplication.HighestNetFrameworkV ersion () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at PRoCon.Core.PRoConApplication.SendUsageData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at PRoCon.Core.PRoConApplication.ReconnectVersionChec ker () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at System.Threading.Thread.StartInternal () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    [email protected] [~/PRoCon-1.2.0.0]#