Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Damn I do the same. :/

Metabans isn't in the top ten? Is it too hard for some to set up or something? I view it as an integral plugin.

Plugin Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post
    Metabans isn't in the top ten? Is it too hard for some to set up or something? I view it as an integral plugin.
    I'm satisfied enough with just PBBans.com streaming... I'm really not too concerned with having 4 different layers of keeping hackers out as ours servers seem to be quite calm lately as far as hacking goes.

Who?
    This is just showing enabled plugins. The data is present to show installed usage, but I didn't see it being useful.

ProconRulz for instance is reporting 1,682 installs this hour but only 913 are enabled. CSpambot has 4121 installed but 2287 enabled.

Keep in mind this is only showing procon instances connected directly to a game server (not via a layer) and they also have to have usage reporting enabled. All hosted instances of Procon 1 using Procon.console.exe must have usage reporting enabled as per the license agreement.

You can see what the latest anonymous data that was sent to myrcon.com by looking in your procon directory for the usage.xml. If this file does not exist then you're not sending usage information.
    I started at DICE late Oct. 2014, so ignore every post before that.

Plugin Developer
    It's quite interesting looking through and seeing the names of some of these unpublished plugins. CNoobTubePunisher was one that I made for my 1000 ticket Metro server. It would announce when players hit x amount of kills in a row with the M320 and would have an associated mockery message for each of those in a row kill counts. It has other optional functions too...

Only have 9 people using mine, but it's fun to see even those are using it..
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Phogue View Post
    They would potentially be a little 'off'. It would need to pass the string constructor in http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...m.version.aspx

I think if it failed it would try to pass each component itself and slip in a 0 here and there to compensate for incomplete versions. Time again and I would make the version method within the plugin return a Version object, not a string.

Use x.x.x.x numeric format and the results should become more stable.
    lol ahah I had no idea... ProconRulz versions (40d.2) are getting seriously mangled (0.0.0.2?). Maybe next time I'll make it 1.40.4.2 but that won't retro-fix.

I don't think plugins have 'broken' when a new server release comes out, just some plugins are incrementally adding new functionality and users that want that need the new version otherwise they're ok on the old one. The only BF3 'surprise' to me was the Yell delay was in seconds in BF3, milliseconds in BFBC2, so the existing 'Yell' action was effectively broken.

Procon provides a reasonable insulating layer between the plugin and the game server IMHO.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    For the ProconRulz Procon Plugin, always read the first post in the ProconRulz thread. See also the ONLINE DOCUMENTATION for information regarding writing your own rulz.

I tend to agree, however it's a great start. Being connected directly to a game server doesn't seem to be an integral way of running a server 24/7, unless it was very basic (seasoned admin like).

From the looks of some of the plugins, its almost as the admins tried to recreate another Counter-Strike type of environment.

I think what is needed with the information present, is the activity of the servers IP address. This will show us how useful certain plugins are in combination that keeps the server full.

It's a nice start.... I'll have to ask my layer if this type of info can be pulled as well. I'm sure it wouldn't be an issue with an request....

THX........

Plugin Developer
    Why did the numbers just skyrocket? My VoteBanBF3 was at around 710 the other day. I check again and now it's at 1030. Same deal with all the other plugins listed.

"I was a genuinely nice person before I joined this community"
    Server migration most likely.

Before posting: Have you read the MANUAL?
    Before posting: Have you used the SEARCH?

I will not provide support through PMs or TeamSpeak. Please post your questions in our forums.