Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
    Developer

Cool Droid PRoCon BF3 Edition

This application works as a standalone remote administration tool to manage your game servers for Battlefield 3.
    Yes, you can change pretty much all of your settings, as well as maps, lists, chats. It also allows you to chat and interact (ban,kick,move,..) in real time with players currently logged onto your server.
    This application will allow you to connect your Android device straight to the (PC-Version) "Battlefield 3" game servers, or to the Procon's Layer Server.
    In the latter case you will take advantage of Procon's sub-admin account management and plugins.
    You can create/delete Procon accounts, edit user privileges as well as Enable/Disable plugins loaded on your procon server layer and even modify plugin vars.

Get it at Android Pit Market

You can download the AndroidPIT App Center in your phone, it works as the Google Play Store.

The easiest way to get it is to go to this website: http://www.androidpit.com/en/android/market/app-center in your phoneʼs web browser and click on "Download now". Then, the download and installation process will start immediately on the phone.

Android Pit Advantages
    • More payment options: PayPal, ClickandBuy and voucher codes!
    • 24 hour return policy included!
    • No Countries restriction for paid apps!
    • Access all the reviews, blogs and the AndroidPIT Forum

QR Code

QR Code

Changelog History

v2.1 - 03/09/2015
    • Fixed Maps Rotation displaying only 39 entries

v2.0 - 03/08/2015
    • Tab Server now display Procon Layer Server Info
    • Changed App network bootstrap sequence
    • Stability fixes and minor improvements

v1.93 - 03/04/2015
    • Major performance improvements.

v1.92 - 03/02/2015
    • Fixed a connection timeout issue.

v1.91 - 03/01/2015
    • Stability fixes

v1.9 - 02/26/2015
    • Added BF3 Game Check to avoid people saying that the app is crashing on connecting. It was crashing because people tried to use this app to connect to BF4 gameservers..
    • Stability fixes and minor improvements

v1.81 - 03/14/2013
    • Added ActionBar, it works for every version of Android OS

v1.79 - 03/13/2013
    • Fixed Force Close on screen rotation Landscape/Portrait
    • Fixed other potential Force Closes

v1.78 - 03/13/2013
    • Added action bar menu overflow button for those devices that lack of Hardware MENU button!

v1.76 - 03/12/2013
    • Updated according to the latest BF3 R38 server patch
    • Added support for EndGame's Maps and Game modes

v1.73 - 12/14/2012
    • Talah Market Map now includes Assault and Assault64 gamemode instead of ConquestLarge and ConquestSmall. There was an error in the official BF3 R34 Docs.

v1.72 - 12/12/2012
    • Droid ProCon app on SD card has been enabled, Warning: When the user enables USB mass storage to share files with a computer or unmounts the SD card via the system settings, the external storage is unmounted from the device and all applications running on the external storage are immediately killed.
    • Fixed a bug in the player chat list

v1.7 - 12/04/2012
    • Updated according to the latest BF3 R34 server patch
    • Added support for Aftermath's Maps and Game modes
    • Added separated menu options for adding GameServer and Procon Layer Server (this has been done in order to avoid confusion on the username field used only to connect to a ProCon Layer)

v1.6.5 - 09/12/2012
    • Missed server settings have been included: vars.idleTimeout, vars.idleBanRounds

v1.6.4 - 09/10/2012
    • Updated with the latest BF3 R29 server patch
    • Added Armored Kill's Maps and Game modes
    • Fixed the Squads List issue, added support for all squads (up to 32 squads)
    • Fixed Ban List Limit, now you will be able to see more then 100 entries

v1.6.3 - 06/15/2012
    • Added more info in the list of banned players: Id-type, id, ban-type, seconds left, rounds left, and reason
    • Fixed a bug in the list of banned players (ban reason)

v1.6 - 06/11/2012
    • Updated to the latest R26 DICE server patch
    • Added Close Quarter Maps and Gamemode
    • Re-worked reservedSlots feature since now it has been supported by DICE
    • reservedSlotsList.aggressiveJoin has been included (to be tested)
    • vars.premiumStatus has been added to the server vars config
    • Added an option to show/hide your admin nickname on chat (It is only supported when connected to a Procon layer server)

v1.5 - 04/04/2012
    • Fixed a bug on Squad Death Match, the app wasn't working properly when this game type was set.

v1.4 - 04/02/2012
    • Chat message functionality has been updated in accorder to the latest R20 server patch

v1.36 - 04/01/2012
    • Updated with the latest BF3 R20 server patch:
      --vars.roundLockdownCountdown has been added on the server settings tab in order to set the duration of pre-round.
      --vars.serverDescription has been added on the server settings tab. Sets the server description, this string is displayed on the server's detail page on Battlelog.
      --B2K Maps now have different GameModes:
      ----GULF OF OMAN: "ConquestLarge","ConquestSmall","Assault","RushLar ge","SquadRush","TeamDeathMatch","SquadDeathMatc h"
      ----The other three B2K Maps: "Assault64","Assault","Assault #2","RushLarge","SquadRush","TeamDeathMatch","Squa dDeathMatch"

v1.35 - 03/14/2012
    • Chat has been improved, now text messages sent from the chat panel, are forwarded to all logged in procon's account. In addition text format and color now match with the desktop procon app.
    • Plugin data packet size has been increased to avoid "Incomplete packet received" message while receiving plugin data info.
    • Fixed a bug regarding player info layout not showing action buttons on phones with a low resolution.

v1.34
    • Added the possibility to interact with the player info panel: when you tap on the player name the battlelog will be launched showing the player stats, when you tap on EA_GUID or PB_GUID the text will be copied to the clipboard.
    • Fixed a bug regarding moving a player to Russian Team - Squad None, before it was moved on the US Team!

v1.33
    • Player list view has been improved, more info available for a selected player.

v1.32
    • Different Country flag icons have been used on the player list view for a more readability.
    • When a player is selected the country name will be displayed on the bottom action bar.

v1.31
    • Country Flags have been added to the PlayerList view , this product now includes GeoLite data created by MaxMind, available from http://www.maxmind.com/
    • Added IP BanType
    • Since the RCon Protocol use Plain ASCI (128 chars), when you type a msg on the chat box that contains diacritics, a conversion to Plain ASCI will be performed before to forward the msg to the Server. This can be done only in one way (client -> server).
      Example:
      ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ==> E,E,E,E,U,U,I,I,A,A,O,e,e,e,e,u,u,i,i,a,a,o,c

v1.3
    • Added more options for BANNING.
    • "Plugins" data and "admin list" data have been removed from the Console log for a faster UI response.

v1.21
    • The BF3 RCon protocol does not support extended characters (,,,,,,, ..). However the application has been patched in order to not skip the entire chat sentence if they are present.
    • Confirmation Dialog has been added for "next round" and "restart round" buttons.

v1.2
    • Console view has been added, including an option to enable/disable console logging.
    • Fixed a couple of Forse Close issues.
    • The amount of packet requests has been optimized, this will save bandwidth and reduce the battery drainage.
    • Fixed the initial lag on the Parent Procon Layer when a new round starts, this happened when you were logged in while the server was changing level.

v1.13
    • Fixed a connection issue.

v1.12
    • Fixed a Force Close issue.

v1.11
    • Description Text in the server list view now fit correctly.
    • Insufficient Privileges message has been handled when a user has no Remote Console Access to layer. Before it was displayed a wrong message: Incorrect Username.

v1.1
    • Fixed a bug in the Plugin list; the list wasn't displayed due to an "incomplete packet received" error when a large number of plugins were loaded on the Parent Procon Layer.

v1.0
    • Initial release.
    Open Bugs
    • Nexus 7 device seems to have problem with this app (being looked into)
    • Asus TF700T Infinity device seems to have problem with this app (being looked into)
    Note
    Map and Server lists have a long press context menu as showed below.

LIMITATION
    The BF3 RCon protocol does not support extended characters (,,,,,,, ..) therefore this app behave like the PC PRoCon version, these special characters will be skipped on the chat view.

Big thanks to Panther and Morpheusx for testing sessions!
    Last edited by leomar75; 09-03-2015 at 21:39.

Developer
    FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

Q: CHAT box does not work.
    A: How procon communicates to the server is done in ASCII and does not support extended characters (,,,,,, and so on)!

If you put these characters on the chat box, the message will be sent without them.

If the chat is not responding even if you are not using any special characters, most probably the connection with the server has been lost. This can happen since we are in a mobile envirorment!

Q: I just can't figure out why I can't change the unlock mode to something else. The buttons arn't greyed out or something, they just don't react. Any ideas?
    A: It depends on your server settings: Ranked/Unranked.

From DICE server docs:

“Always Allowed”: The value can be changed at all times for both Ranked and Unranked servers.
    “ReadOnly After Startup”: Can only be changed during server startup.
    “ReadOnly On Ranked”: Can only be set/changed on Unranked servers.
    “Disallowed On Ranked”: Can only be invoked on Unranked servers.
    vars.bulletDamage ReadOnly On Ranked
    vars.miniMapSpotting ReadOnly On Ranked
    vars.unlockMode ReadOnly On Ranked

If you run an Unranked Server you won't see these server settings grayed out.

Q: Why i am getting the message "incorrect username ..." even if i am 100% sure it is correct?
    A: Most probably you are using an old release and your user account has insufficient privileges, ask your admin to set this privilege: "allow remote console access to layer".
    with the latest droid procon v1.11 there is a right message when a user doesn't have rcon privileges

Q: I am getting "connection has been lost! Please retry later!" message
    A: usually, this message is displayed when your phone has a weak signal or no signal at all.
    If your connection signal is good then make sure that your gameserver/procon layer server is still up. It may happen that the server has been restarted or it is temporarily unreachable.

Q: Incorrect username and password
    A: the application works in two possible ways:
    1. connecting directly to a bf3 Game Server
    2. connecting to a game server through a Procon Layer.

case 1
    username not required, you should leave this field blank. Go to your game server control panel and check for the following:
    • server address (without port number)
    • admin port
    • admin password

these values should be used when you create a new connection on the droid procon app.

case 2
    username required, you will need to create a connection with the data specified by your procon server admin.
    Please keep in mind that the username and password fields are case sensitive please double check capital letters.
    Last edited by leomar75; 26-01-2012 at 12:18.

Other payment options...

Hi there,

Could you publish the app on www.androidpit.de? That would be good because there you can also pay via Paypal. Or I can let you send a donation and you send me the app?

Greetings
    BountYHunTercGn

Translator
    Nice work thanks.

Hey Leomar, i've been keeping up with all your work for the app and I must say i'm impressed and grateful for your hard work. However i'm running into an issue connecting to my server. I'm using a US Samsung Galaxy S2 and I know i'm using the right IP, admin port, password and everything, but yet it claims my username and password are incorrect. =S

For the external program of procon, I don't use the username, but if I leave it blank on the app it says invalid username/pass? Any thoughts?

Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Aztec_Challenger View Post
    Hey Leomar, i've been keeping up with all your work for the app and I must say i'm impressed and grateful for your hard work. However i'm running into an issue connecting to my server. I'm using a US Samsung Galaxy S2 and I know i'm using the right IP, admin port, password and everything, but yet it claims my username and password are incorrect. =S

For the external program of procon, I don't use the username, but if I leave it blank on the app it says invalid username/pass? Any thoughts?
    You should use an username in order to login into the Procon Layer server. Ask your procon admin to create an account for you.

If you don't put any username the application will contact the Game Server instead of the Procon Layer Server.
    Last edited by leomar75; 19-01-2012 at 11:46.

Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by BountYHunTercGn View Post
    Hi there,

Could you publish the app on www.androidpit.de? That would be good because there you can also pay via Paypal. Or I can let you send a donation and you send me the app?

Greetings
    BountYHunTercGn
    I regret to inform you that this application implements the Android Market Licensing service in order to prevent people from distributing illegal copies of it. In few words this system works as long as the application is distribuited via Android Market.

awesome! very happy to shell out $2.50 for it!

when clicking the plugin list in options I get network error incomplete packet received. Then a few minutes later the process force closes, sometimes the force close happens as the msg does and sometimes it happens after the msg occurs.

Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by jtsiper View Post
    when clicking the plugin list in options I get network error incomplete packet received. Then a few minutes later the process force closes, sometimes the force close happens as the msg does and sometimes it happens after the msg occurs.
    Could you pls tell me how many plugins are loaded on your layer server? Pls provide also a screenshot of the procon plugin list(PC version).

It has been tested succesfully up to 15 plugins, but the problem could be the packet size. Plugin data packets are huge..

I apologize for the inconvenience, i'll fix it straight away and release an update.
    Last edited by leomar75; 19-01-2012 at 12:15.