Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Vote Ban

Plugin Developer
    Well, this is embarrassing... The whole time I've had it display my previous plugin's Plugin Enable/Disable messages. I've now fixed that and have found out why my Suggesgted Player Name algorithm wasn't working perfectly.

Here's the section of the change of code that I had to implement. It was just one simple if statement that needed to be added...

Code:
    // initializes votedProbability List to be of proportional size to players List
    for (int i = 0; i < transformedPlayerNames.Count; i++)
      votedProbability.Add(0);

for (int indexStart = 0; indexStart < transformedCurrentVotedPlayer.Length - 1; indexStart++)
    {
      for (int currSubStrSize = 1; currSubStrSize <= transformedCurrentVotedPlayer.Length - indexStart; currSubStrSize++)
      {
        {
           if (transformedPlayerNames[i].Contains(transformedCurrentVotedPlayer.Substring(indexStart, currSubStrSize)))
             votedProbability[i] = currSubStrSize;
        }
      }
    }
    To:
    Code:
    // initializes votedProbability List to be of proportional size to players List
      votedProbability.Add(0);

for (int indexStart = 0; indexStart < transformedCurrentVotedPlayer.Length - 1; indexStart++)
    {
      for (int currSubStrSize = 1; currSubStrSize <= transformedCurrentVotedPlayer.Length - indexStart; currSubStrSize++)
      {
        {
           if (transformedPlayerNames[i].Contains(transformedCurrentVotedPlayer.Substring(indexStart, currSubStrSize)))
          {
            if (votedProbability[i] < currSubStrSize)
              votedProbability[i] = currSubStrSize;
          }
        }
      }
    }
    Anyways...

0.8.0 (01/13/2012)
    • fixed the Plugin Enable/Disable messages in the Plugin console (very minor fix - had my previous plugin's messages)
    • fixed the suggested player name algorithm - now works perfectly!
    Last edited by TimSad; 14-01-2012 at 00:18.

Feature Requests:
    -Edit the kick/ban reason (reported to procon for ease of cleaning up the ban list).
    -Allow for time based bans (temp bans) and fully configurable. I'd hate to have the community jump on someone and have them permanently banned. Mob justice isn't always.. just..
    -Whitelist/Punish for trying to ban admins.

Awesome work so far! Just enabled this plugin on my server in lieu of another like it!

whether added to white list?

wishlist :
    votes threshold : X (the vote will not be accepted if less than X voted)
    Vote kick duration (in seconds)
    Last edited by HexaCanon; 14-01-2012 at 15:15.
    Feeding is my job.

Procon Plugin Tester
    Working perfectly, very good plugin!
    http://www.phogue.net/forumvb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3215&dateline=1326598  261

Plugin Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by guapoloko View Post
    Working perfectly, very good plugin!
    Thank you!

I just got the Ban Types working. Tested them all and they work as intended... I'm gonna work on the Temp Ban option and whitelist then I'll release a new update including all 3 of those mentioned.

Cry hack thing is a good idea but would be even better if we can add keywords.

eg tonight more subtle hacker was on, eg wasnt triggering kill rates etc but half the opposition team were chatting "AIMBOT"

so if you can either let us add our own words, or add the word aimbot also, as aimbot is used lots..

great plugin
    Last edited by Kilack; 15-01-2012 at 06:50.

Plugin Developer
    Good suggestion, Kilack. I'll put that on my To Do list.

Procon Plugin Tester
    One question, this plugin works when someone join the server administrator?
    http://www.phogue.net/forumvb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3215&dateline=1326598  261

Just wanted to say we have been using this plugin for around a week, and it has been working amazing. It really gives the players in our server a sense of security when all of our admins are at work. It has also been successfully used on multiple occasions.