Page 2 of 605 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast
    Thanks bambam, can we have as many rules as we like, any limit? Do we necessarily want to remove any of the default rules or just add to them?

The idea is you find some EA rules of conduct on the interweb, and when you've read and digested those thoroughly, discussed them with your rabbi, and written a considered article on the relative merits of your rules with respect to the worthy guidelines in the EA conduct guidelines, then you should feel comfortable changing the checkbox in the plugin to "Yes, I've read the EA conduct guidelines". Apparently some people just change it to "Yes" without such considered reflection, but hey.

Bambam

*Edit* Clay52 the default rulz are just there as a guideline to help you write yours. Keep or discard them as you see fit. E.g. the 'say protected' rule is worth keeping so you can check a clan-members Procon admin rights, and the catch-all On Spawn and On Kill rulz do put useful logging data into your chat log which will help as you first write your rulz - just make sure YOUR rulz are higher up the list of rulz than these defaults, and they'll always take effect if their conditions trigger.

personally I'd recommend you KEEP the default teamkill limit, because BF3 has poor punishment for TK's at the moment so players are TKing just to get in a vehicle. The default rulz make 3+ teamkills suicidal. But it is completely up to you - all of the default rulz can be kept or deleted and ProconRulz works the same.

*Edit Edit* no limit on the # of rulz that I know of - our clan had 70+ with BFBC2 and the Procon cpu use was still <1%. But just take it a step at a time and be careful - use LOG actions at first. In the beginning you could create a rule that empties the server, e.g.

On Kill;Kill

For clarity, I do NOT recommend you use the On Kill;Kill rule I just wrote... ok ?
    Last edited by bambam; 21-11-2011 at 16:38.

Hello, I get this error:

[18:30:45 33] Compiling ProconRulz.cs... Errors or Warnings
    [18:30:45 33] ProconRulz.cs (Line: 2054, C: 30) CS0115: 'PRoConEvents.ProconRulz.OnLevelLoaded(string, string, int, int)'

EDIT: I had to remove the keyword "override" at line 2054, may be related to the .NET Framework used on my computer
    Last edited by lethak; 21-11-2011 at 16:37.

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    The idea is you find some EA rules of conduct on the interweb, and when you've read and digested those thoroughly, discussed them with your rabbi, and written a considered article on the relative merits of your rules with respect to the worthy guidelines in the EA conduct guidelines, then you should feel comfortable changing the checkbox in the plugin to "Yes, I've read the EA conduct guidelines". Apparently some people just change it to "Yes" without such considered reflection, but hey.

Bambam

*Edit* Clay52 the default rulz are just there as a guideline to help you write yours. Keep or discard them as you see fit. E.g. the 'say protected' rule is worth keeping so you can check a clan-members Procon admin rights, and the catch-all On Spawn and On Kill rulz do put useful logging data into your chat log which will help as you first write your rulz - just make sure YOUR rulz are higher up the list of rulz than these defaults, and they'll always take effect if their conditions trigger.
    Much appreciated my friend, I'll report back my experiences.

This plugin seems to keep crashing our server.

On Kill;Weapon M320;PlayerCount 1;Kick
    On Kill;Weapon M320;Say %p%, %w% Not Permitted;Kill 100
    On Kill;Weapon RPG-7;PlayerCount 1;Kick
    On Kill;Weapon RPG-7;Say %p%, %w% Not Permitted;Kill 100
    On Kill;Weapon SMAW;PlayerCount 1;Kick
    On Kill;Weapon SMAW;Say %p%, %w% Not Permitted;Kill 100
    On Kill;Weapon Siaga20k;PlayerCount 1;Kick
    On Kill;Weapon Siaga20k;Say %p%, %w% Not Permitted;Kill 100
    On Kill;Weapon USAS-12;PlayerCount 1;Kick
    On Kill;Weapon USAS-12;Say %p%, %w% Not Permitted;Kill 100
    On Kill;Weapon DAO-12;PlayerCount 1;Kick
    On Kill;Weapon DAO-12;Say %p%, %w% Not Permitted;Kill 100
    On Kill;Weapon M1014;PlayerCount 1;Kick
    On Kill;Weapon M1014;Say %p%, %w% Not Permitted;Kill

We have now tested it with the M320. It kills the person. Then if they do it again, it will kick them. However, on some occassions, it is also crashing the entire server when it kicks them. (It has crashed the server 3/5 times we've tried it)

UPDATE:
    Tried the RPG and SMAW .. server didn't crash .. then tried the M320 a few more times, and server didn't crash.

Very strange!
    Last edited by itBurnsPatton; 21-11-2011 at 16:58.

Damn lucky me.. gonna test this tonight on SQDM and TDM

Thanks again

"I was a genuinely nice person before I joined this community"
    Oh. This is just a check to get responsibility from bambam in case your server gets banned from EA. Depending on your settings, you could break EA's rules of conduct, and your server could get banned (although I've never seen that happen).

Before posting: Have you read the MANUAL?
    Before posting: Have you used the SEARCH?

I will not provide support through PMs or TeamSpeak. Please post your questions in our forums.

I have some questions:

1. Is this the ruls to use if i want max 4 snipers on each team "On Spawn;Team Attack;Teamsize 12;Kit Recon 4;Say >>%p%<< Max 4 Snipers!!;Kill" ??
    2. The rules i want to use, do i just have to enter them in "Rules" in "Plugin Settings" as on the picProconRULZ.JPG??

@itBurnsPatton - the BF3 kick and kill commands are unchanged from BFBC2, and that bit of ProconRulz is unchanged also - the plugin sends the "admin.kill playername" command via Procon. There might be a new vulnerability in BF3 that we'll have to workaround, but I haven't seen it in the testing on our server over the past few weeks. If there's something in a log that helps, let me know. Re your rulz, be aware a player could kill TWO (or more) other players with a single SMAW rocket, so your rules will immediately kick them without them seeing the warning - you could set the 'kick' action with PlayerCount 3 maybe. Technically the rulz are 100% correct.

@AJToft - sorry the rule you want depends on BF3 sending the player KIT at spawn time, and as of BF3 R8 only the playername and team are sent during the SPAWN event so you can't have your rule. You're right that that is the kind of rule that most people will want, but BF3 won't support it. ProconRulz *will* support your rule as soon as BF3 delivers the data. Your screenshot is exactly right - click on row where it says 'Rules', a [...] button will appear on the right end of the same row, click that and the rulz will appear in an edit box. ONLY edit the rules by clicking on the [...] button and then saving.
    Last edited by bambam; 21-11-2011 at 17:25.

The config keeps erazing to default each time the plugin is enabled/disabled,
    do you have an idea ?

(seems to affect array string only)
    Last edited by lethak; 21-11-2011 at 17:24.