Thread: bug and request

bug and request

The procon iphone app crashes back to 'desktop' when it tries to connect to a server that is midway through restarting. I've made some startup txt changes and restarted the server. rather than give a 'server is restarting' message it just crashes. no showstopper though.

Also, it would be nice to have an option to save the chat log up to a preset file size on the iphone. I don't mean in an accessable file or anything, just in the chat window. If I take a phonecall or check my mail I lose the existing chat in the window. Making that something that continues to run in the background by request would be awesome!

Any way to change ticket counts from within the app?

And finally, does the reserved slot thing actually work or is it just a place holder?

app is working really well so far!

Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by McGarnicle View Post
    The procon iphone app crashes back to 'desktop' when it tries to connect to a server that is midway through restarting. I've made some startup txt changes and restarted the server. rather than give a 'server is restarting' message it just crashes. no showstopper though.
    Basically I'd agree with the no showstopper theory...

Also, it would be nice to have an option to save the chat log up to a preset file size on the iphone. I don't mean in an accessable file or anything, just in the chat window. If I take a phonecall or check my mail I lose the existing chat in the window. Making that something that continues to run in the background by request would be awesome!
    Multitasking is planned as a new feature for patch 1.0.2. The first patch that is going to come out is 1.0.1 though and this one fixes some bugs mainly which were included in the release version. 1.0.1 is still waiting in the Apple review queue...

Any way to change ticket counts from within the app?
    Not at the moment. I think there is no rcon command art the moment that allows you to change the target scores so it can't be implemented. At least not now.

And finally, does the reserved slot thing actually work or is it just a place holder?
    No unfortunately it is not working right now due to rcon restrictions. DICE is planning to implement some sort of VIP-player system as far as I know. When it's there it'll be added to the app of course.

app is working really well so far!
    Thank you very much for posting your feedback!

Decker.

Thanks for a great app..The app works great and I have no issues .In the screen shots it shows a map tab? Where is it...Where can I find a list of commands to use. I am new to this...The only tme I have a crash is when my iphone has low signal..Works great on 3g and when roaming, but get under 2 bars and your toast..

Developer
    The battlemap is deactivated at the moment because the bf3 servers do not provide any map coordinates at this time.