Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mark BF3 compatible plug-ins

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I believe it would be very helpful, if within the title, the orginal poster could put the game it's complatible with and whether it is finished/final or not. So for instance:

My Plug-in BF3 in progress
    or
    My Plug-in [BF2][Final]

This way without going through the whole topic we can see what game it's for and if it's a completed working plug-in or one that is being worked on.

Just a thought.

I sort of agree, I understand you guys must be real busy and all, and the game still needs work.

But people who are new here, might find the whole choosing a plugin very confusing the way it is.

I know you admin don't want a separate board for BF3.... not exactly what the downside is there.... but okay. Regardles,, there are a LOT of plugins that don't work for BF3. Yes, most of them *could* work with "tweaking", but the users aren't exactly all up to speed on this kind of thing.
    BF3 is the new EA game, and that makes, what, 5 EA games there are plugin's for? Making a new board for BF3 seems to be the easiest way to get pertinent, timely, and targeted information to server admins. No need to find the last page of a multi-page thread and scan backwards to see if BF3 is supported.

But at the very least, a new thread for each plugin that works for BF3 with a link and info would be an enormous help. Especially with the flocks of new admins coming round looking for info.

Administrator
    If a plugin thread has 10+ pages of replies, it generally means its been around for a while.

We're working on it, a lot of functionality that was present in BC2 isn't available yet.

There are only so many people working on this, we work and study etc.

80% of my time is going through these forums answering questions such as this.

Rather than making more posts about it (i've lost count of how many "which BF3 plugins are working" threads there are), why not try a plugin, and if it does/doesn't work, THEN put a post in that thread saying so.

We currently don't have the time/resources to go through each and every plugin and test it, plus a number of plugin developers no longer frequent the forums, which makes things even harder for us to manage.

/Rant

I've put a tag on some of the plugin threads indicating which games they work with.

This probably won't stop people asking though

If you don't have the time, then maybe you need more people? The forums seriously need some better structure and cleanup, a couple sticky posts with relevant information, some sorting and tagging, etc. Not trying to criticize, but if you're having to answer the same questions all day, every day, then it's clearly not the fault of everyone else. They simply can't find the answers to their questions.

Instead of ranting, how about we just try and fix the problem, first by admitting that there is a problem?

In an effort to help be a part of the solution, here's a couple of suggestions.

Install this mod (or something like it) for vB4. http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=232993 This would help in organization of plugins.

Also this mod http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=270346 which would be much better than the current "Bugs" forum. All of these integrate with vB4 so you shouldn't have any issues (I use Project Tools myself, works great).

I've used vB/vB4 for years, there's a lot of good mods out there and things that could help you out a lot.
    Last edited by Trekkan; 09-11-2011 at 20:18.

Developer / Administrator
    We've discuessed that topic several times within the staff. Decision is quite solid now.

Before posting: Have you read the MANUAL?
    Before posting: Have you used the SEARCH?

I will not provide support through PMs or TeamSpeak. Please post your questions in our forums.

Kinda Weird...

Developer / Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkan View Post
    Kinda Weird...
    That's the way phogue.net and Procon works :

Before posting: Have you read the MANUAL?
    Before posting: Have you used the SEARCH?

I will not provide support through PMs or TeamSpeak. Please post your questions in our forums.

Zaeed,

Could be possible add a short list of BF3 compatible plug-ins on your thread?:

http://www.phogue.net/forumvb/showth...93-BF3-Plugins

Or mark like BF3 Compatible on this thread?:

http://www.phogue.net/forumvb/showth...ed-Plugin-List

You have done a similar work marking BF3 on the forum, this is just a plus :-)

"Everytime I hear Wagner I feel like invading Poland" Woody Allen

Great ideas.... I was testing plugins, but when they crashed my 64 player server that had taken hours to start, I got scared to try any more...

I suppose I could buy another server just to test plugins, but it would be helpful if the author or someone else who can code would check it out and let us know.

Thanks!