Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BF3 required players to start

hi guys im new to this program , can anyone tell me how can i remove required players to start for my bf3 server ? thank you

The one and only Bassyboy
    Replace these lines in startup.txt and restart the server:

# How many players to start the round (int)
    #vars.roundStartPlayerCount "8"
    vars.roundStartPlayerCount 1

# Minimum players before a current around aborts (int)
    #vars.roundRestartPlayerCount "4"
    vars.roundRestartPlayerCount 0

Now, you can play alone if you want to
    I won't do support via PM: if you need help, make a topic on the public forums.

Quote Originally Posted by EBastard View Post
    Replace these lines in startup.txt and restart the server:

# How many players to start the round (int)
    #vars.roundStartPlayerCount "8"

# Minimum players before a current around aborts (int)
    #vars.roundRestartPlayerCount "4"

Now, you can play alone if you want to
    thank you hope it works
    Last edited by kitler; 30-10-2011 at 14:49.

Hello does it work for you? When I put 1 for minimum to start the server automatically gives 8 minimum even though 1 is set up.

The one and only Bassyboy
    fk97440, Did you also changed the second setting?

If you want to change the vars.roundStartPlayerCount to any number below 8 then you need to change the vars.roundRestartPlayerCount to half that number or 0. This seems to do the trick when going from 8 or less.

In order to run a vars.roundstartplayercount "2" you need to set vars.roundrestartplayercount "0"

Our servers are setup for starting with 1 player. So our settings are:

By the way: This only works from server R4 and higher.
    So if you're still on R3, it doesn't seem to work.

Also remember to restart the server after making these adjustments.
    I won't do support via PM: if you need help, make a topic on the public forums.

So what I dont understand, is that I change the round restart and the round start number and apply. When I restart the server it goes back to default. The same goes when I change the default gameplay style on the top right from quick match to hardcore. Ive tried different variations and cannot get it to work. I also happened to notice that the hardcore box in the top left is grayed out which may or may not contribute to the problem. I always hit update after I change anything.

Also, when changing the default gameplay at top right, when I hit apply it goes through a validation of the settings by series of green check marks. Either which setting be it quick match or hardcore the two variables in question do not get a green check, but when I update them individually they do.

-Edit- I did get to lower the number by going through the server provider config files. Procon still says 8/6. Problem now is that this takes you off the quick match list now that it is not set at 8 correct?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JerseyFirefighter; 31-10-2011 at 17:05.

Correct me if I am wrong, I believe each of those are pre set standards. Ivhave same issue. Although I seem to not be able to find the startup.txt in my procon folder at all.... I change the variables and they do notvapply to in game.specifically the round start and restart. Might be a known bug in the works?

Super Moderator
    The startup.txt in on your game server.

The config generator gives you the text to be able to create/edit the file on the game server.
    Last edited by leibhold; 31-10-2011 at 20:13.

Can anyone verify as to if you change these settings, whether or not your server will work with the "Quick Match" function? I've heard people say that it basically takes your server out of the pool because it's not "standard". No idea if this is correct or not and hoping for some verification.

Quote Originally Posted by g0tgot View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, I believe each of those are pre set standards. Ivhave same issue. Although I seem to not be able to find the startup.txt in my procon folder at all.... I change the variables and they do notvapply to in game.specifically the round start and restart. Might be a known bug in the works?
    The startup.txt is in your game server folder not procon