Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
    Just curiosity. Has anyone had any success with getting this plugin to work with Gmail emails - specifically, any email that uses the GMail protocol (as I'm using Google Apps).

Currently I have it setup with a single email address (a @gmail.com email). However, other admins would like to get emails as well, but they want it to go to their Google Apps email (which uses the gmail protocol but isn't a @gmail.com email address). Problem is, with this plugin, there is a problem with emailing system (some issue with gmail compatibility) and thus, Gmail users can't use SSL. That becomes an issue because GMail only allows you to send email to other users using @gmail.com email addresses, if you don't use SSL.

I know my post is a bit wordy, but I hope it makes sense.

Edit: The problem isn't exactly with the plugin itself - but an issue with the C# code/protocol. There's some "workarounds" I believe I've seen online before, however I'm a C++ coder and not proficient in C#.

"I was a genuinely nice person before I joined this community"
    Quote Originally Posted by capei View Post
    Just curiosity. Has anyone had any success with getting this plugin to work with Gmail emails - specifically, any email that uses the GMail protocol (as I'm using Google Apps).

Currently I have it setup with a single email address (a @gmail.com email). However, other admins would like to get emails as well, but they want it to go to their Google Apps email (which uses the gmail protocol but isn't a @gmail.com email address). Problem is, with this plugin, there is a problem with emailing system (some issue with gmail compatibility) and thus, Gmail users can't use SSL. That becomes an issue because GMail only allows you to send email to other users using @gmail.com email addresses, if you don't use SSL.

I know my post is a bit wordy, but I hope it makes sense.

Edit: The problem isn't exactly with the plugin itself - but an issue with the C# code/protocol. There's some "workarounds" I believe I've seen online before, however I'm a C++ coder and not proficient in C#.
    As you've mentioned in your edit, it's an issue caused by the .NET SmtpClient implementation, which appears to have some problems with the SSL connections. During my testing, I wasn't able to successfully use an email server forcing SSL (especially Google Apps), however, it appears that it sometimes works (seems quite random, had a few people report using it without problems).

Would you have some links to the "workarounds" you found? I've found a few external clients or modifications, however, Procon's plugins can't simply link against any library or include everything (since the plugin compiler defines that for all plugins).

Before posting: Have you read the MANUAL?
    Before posting: Have you used the SEARCH?

I will not provide support through PMs or TeamSpeak. Please post your questions in our forums.

Quote Originally Posted by MorpheusX(AUT) View Post
    As you've mentioned in your edit, it's an issue caused by the .NET SmtpClient implementation, which appears to have some problems with the SSL connections. During my testing, I wasn't able to successfully use an email server forcing SSL (especially Google Apps), however, it appears that it sometimes works (seems quite random, had a few people report using it without problems).

Would you have some links to the "workarounds" you found? I've found a few external clients or modifications, however, Procon's plugins can't simply link against any library or include everything (since the plugin compiler defines that for all plugins).
    I see. Interesting it's random. Wish it was working in my favor

Anyhow, I will definitely try to find some links to workarounds I thought were there. I found them a while ago while setting up this plugin, trying to configure it with multiple emails with SSL. It gave me some runtime error, which I pasted into Google and somewhere in the results I thought someone had a similar issue and had a workaround. It was for a different program, but same code, so I'll try and see if I can find it. I'll update this post when I do

i just found out that when enabling: "require reason for calling admin", the !admins function does not work... when disabling it, it does !!! ???

Can this be fixed? I like a reason for the calladmin, but not for a list of admins.

That's weird. I don't believe I had that problem - I assume you're sure people are typing the correct command? ("admin" vs "admins")

Edit: Nevermind - that's only if you're using "!admin" as the calling command.

Hi,
    thanks for this nice plugin!
    After a few hickups, i finally got it going and just wanted to post how:

You have to activate the "access for less secure apps" in gmail. Then it will work with
    smtp.gmail.com,
    port 587,
    SSL activated.
    Name [email protected],
    and your password

To see tray notifications, you have to install the plugin locally, not on a parent layer and leave procon on.

Greetings MorpheusX(AUT)!!!

Hope you're fine, and my congratulations upon coming christmas!!!

I have one suggestion on e-mail report which plugin sends... For example we have in e-mail a line with userid and all additional info:

ClanTag Playername PB GUID IP Score Kills Deaths KDR Ping Rank
    IIITATARINIII a4b1dff0e741795874fbbf4099534772 37.150.155.93:3659 8227 25 9 2.78 52 118

Is it posiible to highlight every "PlayerName" in e-mail report as URL link to his Battlelog account?
    In my exmample: "IIITATARINIII" as URL link to http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4.../IIITATARINIII.
    Of course "StatsLink" would be grate to have as changeable option ="http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/ru/user/%PlayerName%" because link in battlelog can be changed in future...

Hope you're understand my idea... It'll bee very convinient for admins to get quick access to player stats... Link must have possibilyty for editing, if someone want to use stats systems differnet than battelog... Thanks in advance !!!

From first moment of creation of this plugin i wass in discuss of plugin enhancement, hope my idea will have a place in next update
    Last edited by xcite; 21-12-2014 at 15:14.

Has someone been testingg/usingg this with bfhl? and does it work?

Hey! So I added the .cs file (first tried the most recent version, then tried various versions) however, nothing is showing up in the procon plugins! Any help is greatly appreciated!