Lightbulb ProCon on iPhone = battery eater - could we have Notify?

Could it come with a notify? i.e. when someone in chat types "ADMIN" i get a notification.
    The reason I ask is because leaving chat running ran my iPhone from 78% to 30% battery in two hours.

Suggest notify on keyword config option?

Also, there is no indication of squad and no SAY or YELL option from player list.

Other than those things not being in there already, I have to say this is an excellent and impressive App. Bought it today.

Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by ArithonUK View Post
    Could it come with a notify? i.e. when someone in chat types "ADMIN" i get a notification.
    The reason I ask is because leaving chat running ran my iPhone from 78% to 30% battery in two hours.
    Suggest notify on keyword config option?
    Somebody asked this before and I thought it was a brilliant idea... ...BUT unfortunately "iOS push notifications" are not going to work for this for the following reasons: 1) For push notifications you need a dedicated server which sends a notification to Apples push notification service (APNs). But which server is that going to be? Probably not your regular game server. 2) Even if you are running a layer server this won't help much because for security reasons all push notification sending servers need to be an "authorized provider with whom Apple has agreed to deliver notifications". It just won't be practicable to register everyones layer server with Apple. 3) So if you wanted to do it you needed a dedicated "iOS Procon push notification server" which gets connected by all layer servers (and yes it wouldn't work without layer servers) and on certain events (eg. someone saying "admin" in chat) the layer servers would notify the "iOS Procon push notification server" if iOS devices are connected which would then send a message to the APNs which would than contact your iOS device and finally make your phone display a push notification.... :-)

Also, there is no indication of squad and no SAY or YELL option from player list.
    The squad Ids are not shown on the phone. Atm you have them in the iPad version only. SAY/YELL commands: If you select a player in the player list you get options to send SAY and YELL messages to that player. This is what you meant, isn't it?

Other than those things not being in there already, I have to say this is an excellent and impressive App. Bought it today.
    Thank you very much! We are always trying to improve stuff. By the way: the upcoming iOS Procon for BF3 will be a completely rewritten and redesigned (for the better ;-) and will also contain a heap of new features! Stay tuned on the blog!

you could setup a relay server for all other servers to relay via.

my server ---->relay.phogue.net---->apple notification service

"I was a genuinely nice person before I joined this community"
    Oh yeah, thats gonna be a nice extra load on our server :

Before posting: Have you read the MANUAL?
    Before posting: Have you used the SEARCH?

I will not provide support through PMs or TeamSpeak. Please post your questions in our forums.

You might be able to use the Urban Airship and use their servers and their API for the push notifications, while not having to add extra load to your servers. I've not used it myself, but I've heard some great things about it.

shut off your extra apps by double clicking the botton boutton, then select an app, hold down your finger on it and an x will appear, close all of them besides the procon. (this does not delete them)

worked great for me

MedicNS