What does the future of procon look like

Hi, i have taken a long time from gaming well over a year, i just got burned out to be honest. But now that i have the gaming fever once more and i am back, i see that so much has changed and the news does not seem good. I thought i would address this here because procon is effected so much by what the game vendors and creators do that i thought this was important to get your perspective.

Just to explain where i am at here (i know some of this does not apply to procon, but some does) So since i have been back, a few weeks now i see that battlefield friends is no more (very sad), BF5 is out and people seem to hate it and i get the feeling that it will end up along side BFH in the dead bin. COD WW2 seems to have great single player but the MP is so full of hackers people hate it. There are no new vids on COD so i assume it will also end up in the disposable bin. The BF forum is so slow and many of the people i used to play with (the old elite) have moved on past BF and have no plans to come back because they feel the franchise has lost its way ever since BF4.

My point here is that there does not seem to be any game either on steam or origin that is really pulling FPS players together anymore, everyone seems to be just floating without sales waiting for the next "great" thing like BF3 was when it came out.

I look at the BF3/4 server listing and not much there compared to years ago. I want to get involved again in the hopes of reviving something lost.

So i am wondering where this leaves procon here in this place. Has it been busy? Are there still new mods being created and updated? What does the future look like here? What has it been like the last few years?

Thanks for listening

11 views and no replies, should i take that the news is not good?
    Last edited by durangod; 06-04-2019 at 00:04.
    Its short for Durango Dave
    Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway because doing nothing is simply NOT an option.

Everything has stagnated with DICE dropping support for admin tools. I've added some features but there isn't really a future with this as eventually battlelog will go offline, and people know that the time is short. There is a patreon to keep the forums online and that's fully funded so for now procon will live on, but i wouldn't expect much to change or expect anything groundbreaking to happen.
    ____

Thank you for your honesty CCC That is more than i am getting from anyone at EA or DICE... That is the main reason i wanted to ask here is because i have always known the replies here to be honest good or bad and i respect this place and the members in it.

I have always known that someday it might happen but its harder when reality is at the front door. It this ever does go dark i wanted to take this moment to thank you and everyone here for a fantastic job well done. Over the years when i was playing and used many of the mods here for several games, it has always been wonderful to see the hard work and dedication to what this forum is about as well as the talent behind it. It will be a very sad day for me when that happens. To everyone here that has involved themselves in making this forum a point of light in the darkness.... THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!! The memories will live on!!

I really do wish that EA and DICE would go back to BF3/BF4 and get back on track and finish what they started there.. Seems to me that other than some bit of BF1 they have lost their vision and purpose other than for money.

I could babble on forever on this which i have on the BF forum but it wont do any good ya know...

Anyway thanks again and all we can do is pray that they come back to their senses before it all goes south permanently!!

Best wishes to all, play well
    Its short for Durango Dave
    Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway because doing nothing is simply NOT an option.