Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner View Post
    I would normally say that I could just add a custom message to winners in AdKats so that vsm could detect that...
    this sounds good! it will work. if someone wins the adkats challenge, then adkats just need to send in the public ingame chat the hidden msg: "/vsm-addvip PLAYERNAME +DAYS" (eg /vsm-addvip SniperBen +3). vsm plugin will do the rest...
    Developer of the VIP Slot Manager Plugin

Quote Originally Posted by maxdralle View Post
    this sounds good! it will work. if someone wins the adkats challenge, then adkats just need to send in the public ingame chat the hidden msg: "/vsm-addvip PLAYERNAME +DAYS" (eg /vsm-addvip SniperBen +3). vsm plugin will do the rest...
    Is that command something I add or has to be done to adkats by Col.?

It would need to be something that I add to the plugin, right now it doesn't do that.
    ____

It would need to be something that I add to the plugin, right now it doesn't do that.
    Ok I didn't know if that was a command I was supposed to put. No problem I can work around this thanks for all the help again guys

Col. just asking is this something you are going to add? I'm just asking because I'm about to remove the VSM and change the way things work and don't want to get everything changed then find out you just added that feature lol.

Quote Originally Posted by xloneshadowx View Post
    Col. just asking is this something you are going to add? I'm just asking because I'm about to remove the VSM and change the way things work and don't want to get everything changed then find out you just added that feature lol.
    No i'm not planning to put time into it.
    ____

I would normally say that I could just add a custom message to winners in AdKats so that vsm could detect that, but then you'd lose all the features of the !perks command AND the additive perks on top of existing time when you win.

I'm in the same boat in terms of time spent vs reward with AdKats lately. It's a 6000 hour time investment at this point, so this late in the game i'm weary about making larger changes.
    Ok no problem so what I need to do is when they get assigned reserved slot from winning I can make a role called VIP then how do I connect that role to whom ever wins a challenge?

Ok no problem so what I need to do is when they get assigned reserved slot from winning I can make a role called VIP then how do I connect that role to whom ever wins a challenge?
    You don't need to, that's just for your manual VIP status. Once you turn on the reserved slot feed everything should start working as intended. There are like 5 different ways someone can get a reserved slot, the plugin funnels them all into one master list and pushes that to the server.
    ____

No i'm not planning to put time into it.
    Ok so when they win they go to the special player reserved slot group I see them there and the exp. date. I make a new role called VIP and give it autobalance,reserved slot, !lead !switchme !killme everything a VIP should have. Then in order to get those players to the VIP role I still have to manually add them correct? So if 7 people in a day win i have to manually add them by user? Am I right? and then !perks would show them what they all have.

Ok so when they win they go to the special player reserved slot group I see them there and the exp. date. I make a new role called VIP and give it autobalance,reserved slot, !lead !switchme !killme everything a VIP should have. Then in order to get those players to the VIP role I still have to manually add them correct? So if 7 people in a day win i have to manually add them by user? Am I right? and then !perks would show them what they all have.
    Ah, you want people who win to also have access to commands, not just manual vips, that's something new. That's something a bunch of people might want so I'll add that.
    They will be in the command settings section.
    Reserved slot grants access to squad lead command
    Reserved slot grants access to self-move command
    Reserved slot grants access to self-kill command

I don't want to automatically do role switching. This is because if someone has a higher power level role (say VIP++) and wins a challenge, they could be shunted back down a level to the normal VIP role when they win. I could add some math checks on this around power level but then we get into the weeds with confirming both roles actually have the commands they should be able to access and a bunch of other garbage. Having the command access be based on reserved slot should be the cleanest.
    ____