Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Changing Databases need help

So I am running both servers off of separate databases but it has come to my attention that its better to combine them which I think it is. So I want to move all my info for the L.A database to the N.Y database and both servers run the same plugins. Without losing stats of players can someone explain how to do this? I also have two seperate websites for VIP slotmanager and BFAdmincp. Thanks in advance. i attached what plugins I run
    https://gyazo.com/22490f980af57e0848e0768a22ed5797

player stats:
    i dont know. i think its too much work, quasi impossible to do.

vip slot manager:
    yes, it is possible to put 2 vip slot manager databases into one database.

option 1: one global vip list valid for all gameservers (a vip is valid on all gameserver with the same remaining time)

option 2: seperate the vips in different groups (a vip can be a vip on gameserver #1 for 5 days, and on gameserver #2 for 8 days)

do you want option 1 or option 2?
    option 2 would be easierto to merge...
    Developer of the VIP Slot Manager Plugin

Well so far I put the info from adkats and stat logger to match the n.y database and that seems to be all good. but adkats is showing server id 1 for both

I mean if theres no problems with running them on different databases seeing that vip slot manager and bfadmincp are up and running i'll just keep it the same then

you can try. like i said, i am not sure but i think it is quasi impossible to marge the stats and adakts infos...

i would recommend, that you just connect the 2. server with the db from the main server. in this case, you will lose all player stats / history from server 2. of course you can export all active bans from 2. server and import to the main db.

maybe the dev ColColonCleaner or ty_ger07 has a better solution because i am more the guy for any vip slot plugin questions.
    Developer of the VIP Slot Manager Plugin

ok, thank you I will look into this more maybe I'll just let it go. Well my next question does have to do with VIP but I'll post that question in adkats forum. Thank You for your help

Well in adkats challenge system I would like a reward that can work with your vsm

Ah, this is what you're trying to do. Is there no way to manage VIPs using the BFACP? Usually people just create a VIP role in AdKats (it duplicates 'default guest' when you make a new role) and assign the reserved slot group to it in section 4-2. Then when you want to give someone a reserved slot outside of the game, you just add them as a user with the VIP role and an expiration date. After the date passes they will be sent back down to the guest role.

If you want automated reserved slot management via another plugin, say, proconrulz, you make proconrulz say the line "/reserved playername reason" and that will call into AdKats to reserved slot them. / in front of a message hides it in chat.

Either way for any of the reserved slot stuff to work you need to turn on the feed in AdKats, which means that any changes in the reserved slots made by other plugins are going to be blown away. AdKats doesn't read in from the reserved slot list, it just pushes to it and overwrites it.
    ____

Yes, thank you that explained some info I needed there. The VSM is just very easy to manage that's why I was trying to work with it. I'm gonna try what you just explained. Ok just checked there is a way to use BFACP and create the role etc. Would be a little easier using vsm thats why I was hoping for your challenge system to be able to just have an optioion for a reward as a VIP to go to VSM. Maybe a future update, if any in this old old game lol, I'm just trying to run fun servers so this game don't die probably doing more then what I should at this point but it's a good learning expierence.
    Last edited by xloneshadowx; 03-12-2018 at 12:29.

Quote Originally Posted by xloneshadowx View Post
    Yes, thank you that explained some info I needed there. The VSM is just very easy to manage that's why I was trying to work with it. I'm gonna try what you just explained. Ok just checked there is a way to use BFACP and create the role etc. Would be a little easier using vsm thats why I was hoping for your challenge system to be able to just have an optioion for a reward as a VIP to go to VSM. Maybe a future update, if any in this old old game lol, I'm just trying to run fun servers so this game don't die probably doing more then what I should at this point but it's a good learning expierence.
    I would normally say that I could just add a custom message to winners in AdKats so that vsm could detect that, but then you'd lose all the features of the !perks command AND the additive perks on top of existing time when you win.

I'm in the same boat in terms of time spent vs reward with AdKats lately. It's a 6000 hour time investment at this point, so this late in the game i'm weary about making larger changes.
    ____