(BF3) Serverrestarts/-crashes

Hi all,
    my server keeps crashing at good times (amount of players rising). I always thought there are hackers. Maybe sometimes they did it.
    But today i saw something in the Plugin Console that appeared shortly before the server crashed:

[xVotemap 1.5.6.0] Error: Exception caught in: OnServerInfo
    [xVotemap 1.5.6.0] Error: Der Wert darf nicht NULL sein.
    Parametername: collection

Its in german, the second line tells that the value must not ZERO.
    What is this OnServerInfo?

The roundtime was ~5 minutes. The other days i saw also these 5 minutes after map-loading before the server crashed. I found in Procon this "Warmup Timeout" with 600 (seconds?) set, could it have to do with this?

Another one in the xVotemap forum had the same problem, he did something with the Plugin "Automatic Round Restarter" and it helped. I had this plugin too, but deleted it.

Maybe its the design of my maplists in "Ultimate Map Manager"? I have 2 maplists with the same maps/mode except that Rush-Maps in low population have only 1 round and that the tickets in the low population maplist are lower.

The crash happens not daily.

I have also idle kicker on, set to 3500 seconds.

I don't know if the server has internal problems or my Procon/Plugins causes this.

The provider even restarts the server every morning (wrote so many tickets, had so many crashes in the past).

Maybe i just change my provider (G-Portal). Any suggestion?
    I saw Nitrado and 4netplayers (germany), which one is good? Or would USA be happy to have again a BF3 Hardcore server (IAF was my favorite server in the past - RIP)?

Greetings,
    payver

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by payver View Post
    Hi all,
    my server keeps crashing at good times (amount of players rising). I always thought there are hackers. Maybe sometimes they did it.
    But today i saw something in the Plugin Console that appeared shortly before the server crashed:

[xVotemap 1.5.6.0] Error: Exception caught in: OnServerInfo
    [xVotemap 1.5.6.0] Error: Der Wert darf nicht NULL sein.
    Parametername: collection

Its in german, the second line tells that the value must not ZERO.
    What is this OnServerInfo?

The roundtime was ~5 minutes. The other days i saw also these 5 minutes after map-loading before the server crashed. I found in Procon this "Warmup Timeout" with 600 (seconds?) set, could it have to do with this?

Another one in the xVotemap forum had the same problem, he did something with the Plugin "Automatic Round Restarter" and it helped. I had this plugin too, but deleted it.

Maybe its the design of my maplists in "Ultimate Map Manager"? I have 2 maplists with the same maps/mode except that Rush-Maps in low population have only 1 round and that the tickets in the low population maplist are lower.

The crash happens not daily.

I have also idle kicker on, set to 3500 seconds.

I don't know if the server has internal problems or my Procon/Plugins causes this.

The provider even restarts the server every morning (wrote so many tickets, had so many crashes in the past).

Maybe i just change my provider (G-Portal). Any suggestion?
    I saw Nitrado and 4netplayers (germany), which one is good? Or would USA be happy to have again a BF3 Hardcore server (IAF was my favorite server in the past - RIP)?

Greetings,
    payver
    Basically the server didnt send the information to the plugin.

Usually I would just suggest turning off a plugin to test. Since your is crashing so much should be easy to spot the prolem plugin - if it is that.

I would tend more towards the server having an issue.
    Game nick Volo_Mortis
    https://forum.myrcon.com/showthread....-Procon-Manual
    Read the manual ?

Quote Originally Posted by leibhold View Post
    I would tend more towards the server having an issue.
    Hello leibhold, thank you for your reply. I also think its the server (some other players at that provider reported the same issues). Thats why i wanna test it on another provider.

Hmm i found the problem, but its strange, its the Plugin CheatDetector from grizzlybear (or so). I don't think thats the plugin itself, maybe because this plugin and Multibalancer (ClanTag only) uses battlelogcache at the same time? Seems like Procon crashes and crashes the Server too? Hm its not a good solution to turn off CheatDetector in the long term. Anyone has a clue why its like that?

Edit: The weekend was fine after a long time with CheatDetector off. But no, today monday again crash - complete: Server + Procon.

Their Hardware where the Procon Layer is too low?
    Last edited by payver; 19-11-2018 at 16:12.

then remove the plugin battlelog cache for testing.
    Developer of the VIP Slot Manager Plugin

Didn't help. I deactivated also xpkillers stats logger, battlelog cache. In the night with 16-18 players on Conquest the server crashed in the middle of the round (~3/4).

I'm looking for another serverprovider, someone recommend NFO, but they are too pricy and Procon isn't included (because of instability). But Procon is too good with Proconrulz, xvotemap etc. Hmm. Any other recommendations?

layer crashs are normal, especially for 64 slot servers. one crash per day is okay, when you get more then try to set the debug level for each plugin to the minimum level and disable all logging and debug functions on the layer config file Configs/procon.cfg:

procon.private.options.chatLogging False
    procon.private.options.consoleLogging False
    procon.private.options.eventsLogging False
    procon.private.options.pluginLogging False
    procon.private.options.enablePluginDebugging False
    procon.private.options.runPluginsInSandbox False

when the layer is still crashing then remove all unnecessary plugins (delete the .cs file, disabled plugins needs also performance).

but maybe your provider has put your layer server on a machine with too less performance.
    Last edited by maxdralle; 01-12-2018 at 11:27.
    Developer of the VIP Slot Manager Plugin

It seems like my "On say Text" had too many words also with spaces in it in Proconrulz. I thought it was the most stable plugin i have.