Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Future of Procon, plugins and forum

Please be aware that there is no future development of Procon as there is no rcon support in new releases of BF

Some Plugin authors are still supporting their projects, but don't expect new releases etc.

Eventually this forum will close down due to ongoing running costs of a project that has ceased.

To Paraphrase

I wish to complain about this Procon what I got for free not half an year ago from this very forum.

Oh yes, the, uh, the Procon BF3...What's,uh...What's wrong with it?

I'll tell you what's wrong with it, my lad. 'EA's rcon is dead, that's what's wrong with it!

No, no, 'EA's uh,...EA's going to bring it back

Look, matey, I know a dead project when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now

No no it's not dead, it's, its, in development'! Remarkable project, the Procon 1, idn'it, ay? Beautiful coding!

The coding don't enter into it. It's stone dead.

Nononono, no, no! It's developing!

All right then, if it's developing', I'll check github! 'Ello, Mister Github! I've got a lovely fresh bit of code for you if you show...

There, the project updated!

No, it didn't, that was you updated README.md!

I never!!

Yes, you did! 'ELLO GITHUB!!!!! Testing! Downloading! Branching! Testing! Now that's what I call a dead project

No, no.....No, it's forked!

FORKED?!?

Yeah! You forked it, just as they was finishing the code! Procon projects fork easily

Um...now look...now look, mate, I've definitely 'ad enough of this. That project is definitely deceased, and when I downloaded it not 'alf an year ago, you assured me that its total lack of development was due to DICE bein' tired and shagged out following a prolonged profit increase.

Well, it's...it's, ah...Geoff was pining for the fjords.

PININ' for the FJORDS?!?!?!? What kind of talk is that?, look, why did it fail the moment I connected to BF5?

The Procon 1 prefers BF4! Remarkable coding, id'nit, squire? Lovely functions!

'Geoffs not pinin'! 'E's moved on to DICE! This project is no more! it has ceased to be! 'it's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't kept github running 'it'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Iis development processes are now 'istory! 'It's off the twig! 'it's kicked the github bucket, 'It's shuffled off 'its mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' darkweb!! THIS IS AN EX-PROJECT!!

and so on...
    Last edited by leibhold; 23-06-2018 at 05:01. Reason: eh
    Game nick Volo_Mortis
    https://forum.myrcon.com/showthread....-Procon-Manual
    Read the manual ?

what?!
    this forum goes offline?? do you have a date?
    Developer of the VIP Slot Manager Plugin

Super Moderator
    The forum was closing in April but due to the generous donations by ColColonCleaner, it has stayed running.

We have cut back on some of the services etc to lower the running costs.

There are no plans to shut forum down in near future but it will come someday.

okay, no panic, no shutdown in near future...

but why there are not a huge big button in menu bar, such as "DONATE HERE to keep the forum running" ??

it would be fair, the forum is for the community. it is the last community with real servers to admininstrate. this forum is the only place to get procon stuff...
    Last edited by maxdralle; 24-06-2018 at 08:51.
    Developer of the VIP Slot Manager Plugin

Super Moderator
    The future direction is entirely up to the owners.

Have contacted them to see, if they agree to a big button, then so be it.

Will let you know if its nay or yay or you will see the big button.

I told colon this but not sure if he remembers or forgot. I would be willing to host the forums on my server (which isn't doing anything), no charge. Only use it for my email stuff and general file hosting, pretty basic. If it ever becomes a money issue or w/e.
    Developer of the BFAdminCP

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Prophet731 View Post
    I told colon this but not sure if he remembers or forgot. I would be willing to host the forums on my server (which isn't doing anything), no charge. Only use it for my email stuff and general file hosting, pretty basic. If it ever becomes a money issue or w/e.
    This was discussed but the issues of privacy etc come into play.
    The original forum holders are not happy with handing over the forum, with all the usernames,passwords and emails over to anyone else.

While others would be happy to do this, this reluctance just shows how ethical they are.
    In all other ways, they are just arse holes.

Whats that I hear ? - a ban coming my way

Easier to just have a donate button but they are even too slack to do that. <poke><poke>
    Game nick Volo_Mortis
    Read the manual ?

wonder if the owners would be interested in selling ?

Super Moderator

Wot?

Quote Originally Posted by sixpax12 View Post
    wonder if the owners would be interested in selling ?
    Themselves - most likely

The site ? nope
    The name - hard to say
    The brand - hard to say
    The list of member emails and password - nope.
    Game nick Volo_Mortis
    Read the manual ?

Quote Originally Posted by leibhold View Post
    The list of member emails and password - nope.
    But, But, all the big company's do it. 😢
    Developer of the BFAdminCP