Limited accounts with perm ban permissions unable to save banList

Hi, we have a couple of Procon Layers and have recently noticed a problem with the banlist resetting after server reboots. I found a couple of articles in the forums talking about this, but none of them seemed to address the specific issue I'm running into. This is for a BF3 server.

Essentially what is happening is that users who don't have the "Edit Ban List" permission on the layer don't have permissions to save the ban list. This seems pretty obvious (as in, if they can't edit the ban list then they shouldn't be able to save it), but in reality this means that their bans only ever get written to memory unless someone else saves the ban list before the next server reboot.

When they add the ban, it does attempt to send the banList.save command, but an "InsufficientPrivileges" error is returned. The ban is successfully added to the list in memory, and if the ban list is saved by someone else, it's written to the file.

I could give all users with permanent ban permissions the ability to edit the ban list, but I don't want them to be able to remove bans or clear the entire ban list. I only want them to be able to add bans.

Is there another way to do this? Ideally I would think giving people ban abilities would give them banList.save permissions automatically, or there could be another option for "Save Ban List" for more granular control. If there are any workarounds to this that don't involve giving everyone with perm ban the ability to unban people, I would love to hear them.

Thanks! Other than this issue, we've found ProCon Frostbite to be a very useful piece of software.

I don't have a BF3 server so I couldn't tell you if it's happening to me but if they have the permissions to temp ban players the layer itself should be able to issue that command to the game server and save it to the banlist. I've always found that sometimes its not reliable with saving and removing bans sometimes. If you want more control with your procon users I would recommend looking into the AdKats plugin. It has way more options and permissions than what is possible with vanilla procon. You will need a MySQL database for it but lots of people here run that plugin. It's become one of the goto plugins to have with ProCon.
    Developer of the BFAdminCP

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet731 View Post
    I don't have a BF3 server so I couldn't tell you if it's happening to me but if they have the permissions to temp ban players the layer itself should be able to issue that command to the game server and save it to the banlist. I've always found that sometimes its not reliable with saving and removing bans sometimes. If you want more control with your procon users I would recommend looking into the AdKats plugin. It has way more options and permissions than what is possible with vanilla procon. You will need a MySQL database for it but lots of people here run that plugin. It's become one of the goto plugins to have with ProCon.
    I'll look into the plugin, but I'd rather not do that unless it's absolutely necessary. I'm not looking for anything super granular, I just want users with perm ban to be able to save those bans, without being able to edit / wipe the ban list.

Super Moderator
    The original design assumed that admin people could be trusted.

Hey, it was an time of innocence where players were kind to each other and tipped their hats (helmets) as they passed on the batlle field

Game nick Volo_Mortis
    https://forum.myrcon.com/showthread....-Procon-Manual
    Read the manual ?