Procon resets everything back to original (BF4)

So, I have a game server on gameservers.com. I got it setup with conquest and tdm maps, and turned off the minimap. Now, a couple weeks later, if I try to turn on the minimap it's back off an hour later. If I change the maplist, it resets to default (my first setup) as soon as the game server restarts.

The huge deal: My reserved slots list keeps resetting to blank with a server restart.

I need the ability to change my server settings and have them stay that way (it is set to custom), whether it be within the hour or when the server restarts. Procon is hosted on a gameservers.com procon layer.

Help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Link4134; 20-07-2017 at 16:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Link4134 View Post
    So, I have a game server on gameservers.com. I got it setup with conquest and tdm maps, and turned off the minimap. Now, a couple weeks later, if I try to turn on the minimap it's back off an hour later. If I change the maplist, it resets to default (my first setup) as soon as the game server restarts.

The huge deal: My reserved slots list keeps resetting to blank with a server restart.

I need the ability to change my server settings and have them stay that way (it is set to custom), whether it be within the hour or when the server restarts. Procon is hosted on a gameservers.com procon layer.

Help would be greatly appreciated.
    Settings like those need to be placed in your server /cfg/AdminScripts/startup.txt file. Notice that procon provides the contents of this file for copying under Server Settings -> Config Generator.

Changes made to server configuration from procon are only temporary unless you place the changed settings into your server startup file. Then when the server reboots those settings are loaded immediately.

Your server host should provide access to this file either through a setting manager or FTP.
    ____

So I tried that, editing the maplist.txt, reservedslotstxt.txt, and startup.txt. It saves it, but when I start the procon server back up it resets to day one.

Quote Originally Posted by Link4134 View Post
    So I tried that, editing the maplist.txt, reservedslotstxt.txt, and startup.txt. It saves it, but when I start the procon server back up it resets to day one.
    So after you save those settings and reboot your battlefield server everything's good, but when you start procon everything reverts back to something else? That doesn't normally happen. Are you sure that you've saved every config text file on the battlefield server side then completely rebooted the battlefield server itself.
    ____

Yes, I save it and then reboot the battlefield server. Upon turning the procon layer back on it completely overrides everything. Does this have anything to do with "Lock Preset Related Values"? I messed with that a while ago.

Super Moderator
    Lock Preset Related Values ?

Quote Originally Posted by leibhold View Post
    Lock Preset Related Values ?
    I think he means <lockPresetSetting> argument in vars.preset that locks these vars:
    Code:
    #	PRESET RELATED
    vars.friendlyFire false
    vars.idleTimeout 300		# 225-86400 (Ranked) / 30-86400 (0-86400 after last patch ?) (Unranked)
    vars.autoBalance true
    vars.SkillBasedBalance true
    vars.teamKillCountForKick 5	# 4-10 (Ranked) / 1-99 (Unranked)
    vars.teamKillKickForBan 3	# 3-10 (Ranked) / 1-99 (Unranked)
    vars.vehicleSpawnAllowed true
    vars.regenerateHealth true
    vars.onlySquadLeaderSpawn false
    vars.minimap true
    vars.hud true
    vars.miniMapSpotting true
    vars.3dSpotting true
    vars.killCam true
    vars.3pCam true
    vars.nameTag true
    vars.hitIndicatorsEnabled true
    vars.playerRespawnTime 100	# 75-125 (Ranked) / 1-300 (Unranked)
    vars.soldierHealth 100		# 60-125 (Ranked) / 1-300 (Unranked)
    vars.bulletDamage 100		# 75-125 (Ranked) / 1-300 (Unranked)
    vars.forceReloadWholeMags false
    vars.roundStartPlayerCount 4	# 4-8 (Ranked) / 1-10 (Unranked)
    vars.ticketBleedRate 100	# 75-125 (Ranked) / 1-300 (Unranked)
    @Link4134
    Some RSP's have their own control panel implementations and sometimes they can confuse server settings.

It's right in procon, under where you change the server to hardcore, custom, or normal

perhaps ultimate map manager can help here ?
    with custom presets placed in it.
    that is... IF it wont colide with server settings as on a friends bf4 server