From 10 slots to 12 slots

Hello Procon,,

About a month a go I rented a 10 slots server, dogfighting only. The setup went whitout any struggles. Google and this forum provides lots of information.

I recently rented to more slots for the server so I could create 2 spectator slots. Here comes the issue:

When I check my serverhost, I see there are 12 slots available. However in Procon it keeps saying max 10 active players. When I set the spectator limit at 2 the effective player limit goes back to 8. Despite the fact that I have rented a 12 slots server.
    When I set the the player limit at 12 and the spectator limit at 0, the effective player limit remains at 10.

Somehow Procon doesn't "see" that I have a 12 slots server.

Does anyone know how I can solve this?

The one and only Bassyboy
    Hi,

What's your startup.txt like?

For a server with 10 player slots and 2 spectator slots, making it a 12 slot server, your startup.txt should contain this:

Code:
    # Server Settings #
    ###################
    #Set max player count (can only go below the number that you ordered)
    vars.maxPlayers 10

#Set maximum number of spectators
    vars.maxSpectators 2
    When you enter "vars.maxPlayers" into the console-tab it should return:
    Code:
    [19:16:20] vars.maxPlayers
    [19:16:22] OK 12
    If that is not the case, your server provider may have forgotten to add the extra slots after all.
    I won't do support via PM: if you need help, make a topic on the public forums.

Hello EBassie,

Thaks for the reply!

My startup.txt displayed "vars.maxPlayers 12" and "vars.maxSpectators 2". I changed it in "vars.maxPlayers 10" and saved it in config editor of my server host. In Procon I set it up the same so I guess when I restart the server it should be fixed. Can't do this now beceause players are in the server.
    If its not I contact my server host.

Thanks

Code:
    vars.commander false

I asked my serverhost what could be the problem. They said that I needed to set the commander to false instead of true. This was not the solution.
    I got a message from my server host, that there was indeed a setting on there side not good. They restored it and gave me 3 days back of server time.

Thanks for the replys.

The one and only Bassyboy
    Good to hear it all worked out.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    I won't do support via PM: if you need help, make a topic on the public forums.

Super Moderator
    Happy Customer