Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Local file AU missing suicide

I've looked all over for this, including older versions of procon and I cannot seem to locate anything related to the BF3 Suicide message and the missing weapon in the au.loc file and I have not seen anything related to fixing this.

On my current and updated procon, I see this message whenever someone suicides:

[12:31:09] PLAYERNAME [{MISSING: global.Weapons.d$t}] PLAYERNAME

Does anyone know how to FIX this?

Is there an updated loc file that can be downloaded that contains the fix for this message?

I know that it's not really a big deal and doesn't affect game play or how procon is running, but it is a bug and would like to see this fixed.

Thanks!

The one and only Bassyboy
    If I recollect correctly, this is caused by a bug in the RCON protocol. We have not added this buggy kill code to any language file or bf3.def.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    I won't do support via PM: if you need help, make a topic on the public forums.

And this one:

PLAYERNAME [{MISSING: global.Weapons.freefall}] PLAYERNAME

Super Moderator
    You could always add a line to the file

Add global.Weapons.freefall=Fell down

or/and

Add global.Weapons.‰d$…t‹ƒ=No idea
    Game nick Volo_Mortis
    https://forum.myrcon.com/showthread....-Procon-Manual
    Read the manual ?

Quote Originally Posted by leibhold View Post
    You could always add a line to the file

Add global.Weapons.freefall=Fell down

or/and

Add global.Weapons.d$t=No idea
    This doesn't work. It would appear to be something built into procon? I've added several lines, restated the layer and still nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfBlade View Post
    This doesn't work. It would appear to be something built into procon? I've added several lines, restated the layer and still nothing.
    See my reply about this earlier:
    Quote Originally Posted by EBassie View Post
    If I recollect correctly, this is caused by a bug in the RCON protocol. We have not added this buggy kill code to any language file or bf3.def.

Quote Originally Posted by EBassie View Post
    See my reply about this earlier:
    Yeah, thanks for your sarcasm. Just what I need - so helpful.

I'd ask if this is going to be fixed, but I would expect more useless responses.

Cheers!

It wasn't sarcasm. It wasn't an attitude either (like you).

But let me explain again: It's a bug in the RCON protocol... not in Procon...
    So I don't believe we can fix it.

Happy now?

Community Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfBlade View Post
    You added the lines to your local procon client .loc and .def files, right? Your local client is the one who interprets the text displayed on your local client, not the layer's .loc and .def files.

Thanks Ty_ger07. I added them my local files, both loc and def and apparently as soon as you start procon, those lines I added are removed. So the files are updated automatically removing the temp fix which results in the same error. Any other advice?

EBassie - when you have someone making a post about an apparent issue and could possibly help to fix it, you'd think that you'd be a little more open to receiving help rather than simply re-iterating something you already stated - and more or less telling them that you've been there done that. If you think that people are that stupid then by all means, keep up the great work. If not, then no one needs sarcasm, attitude or a sense that you just don't give a shit anymore. Don't waste my time. I think we're all here in some way, shape or form to help. If you don't want that, please by all means, let me know and I'll take my 15 years experience in coding and piss off.