Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

What are your plans for running BF1 servers

Even though its tough to say anything at this point since not much is revealed about hosting BF1 servers, i still would like to know what everyone whos already running a BF3/BF4 etc. server or never had a bf server but thinking about having a BF1 server when its available is planning once set up a BF1 server. How to promote, how to get players, how to maintain those players (with custom plugins,scripts that would help keep the server entertaining). Especially, how to benefit from your server financially.

Has anyone ever had a financtial benefit from hosting game servers? afaik i made atleast -1k Bucks last year... but me and my Team enjoyed the time spent.

That being said, it will take a while to get to know which typed of servers the Players want. Like Locker, Metro, or Golmud. just takes some time.
    Servers we run Powered by G-Portal and Gamed!de
    Meatgrinder 24/7 rush; Meatgrinder#2 24/7 rush, Pistol/Bow only , EPS 120Hz domination
    These awesome Plugins make us Possible: AdKats, AdkatsLRT, Proconrulz, Multibalancer, True Balancer, Cheat Detector, Metabans, PBSSE, Statslogger, Vote ban BF3.
    http://teamone.online

The one and only Bassyboy
    It's simple for me: without proper RCON my clan is not going to do BF1.
    We are not going to spend any money on servers we cannot properly admin.
    I won't do support via PM: if you need help, make a topic on the public forums.

Translator
    Quote Originally Posted by EBassie View Post
    It's simple for me: without proper RCON my clan is not going to do BF1.
    We are not going to spend any money on servers we cannot properly admin.
    ^What he said.

We will either stick to Battlefield 4, or simply quit Battlefield franchise overall.
    || i7 7700k @ 4.8 || 2x EVGA GTX 1080 Founders Edition {SLI} || ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q ||

Due to the latest info at first hand for BF1, i also agree with Ebassie and kcuestag. Theres no point in renting servers for BF1. Cant have any point anyway since servers are from i3d.

What do you mean, servers are from i3d? like there's only one valid and possible hoster?
    Meatgrinder 24/7 rush; Meatgrinder#2 24/7 rush, Pistol/Bow only , EPS 120Hz domination
    These awesome Plugins make us Possible: AdKats, AdkatsLRT, Proconrulz, Multibalancer, True Balancer, Cheat Detector, Metabans, PBSSE, Statslogger, Vote ban BF3.

Interesting, can someone update with more details for those of us who seem to have missed the goss?

That's the issue, we don't really know. DICE is being hush-hush about it.

No one, except maybe some people at DICE knows why DICE chose i3D for hosting when there are lot more better GSPs with faster servers.

Maybe CEO saw i3d logo in his dream?

can't find any info to confirm i3d as Hoster at all. What's the point in keeping that as secret?