Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The one and only Bassyboy
    Just a thought:
    Why don't you ask one of these fine more experienced gentlemen to set it up for you?

You seem to be very serious about your 'competition'. So why would you not be serious about setting it up properly.
    Maybe if you offer some financial reward, somebody can put in the hours in setting this up for you and tell you all how it works.

You said you are going to spend some of your own money to pay for the prices, why not create a budget for the help setting this up.

Since you have troubles reading all the info you get thrown at you, I fear that your money will be wasted when you continue like this.

Sometimes it's better to delegate. Don't let your pride stand in the way of your goal.
    I won't do support via PM: if you need help, make a topic on the public forums.

Quote Originally Posted by EBassie View Post
    Just a thought:
    Why don't you ask one of these fine more experienced gentlemen to set it up for you?

You seem to be very serious about your 'competition'. So why would you not be serious about setting it up properly.
    Maybe if you offer some financial reward, somebody can put in the hours in setting this up for you and tell you all how it works.

You said you are going to spend some of your own money to pay for the prices, why not create a budget for the help setting this up.

Since you have troubles reading all the info you get thrown at you, I fear that your money will be wasted when you continue like this.

Sometimes it's better to delegate. Don't let your pride stand in the way of your goal.

I agree

Super Moderator
    My Daddy told me " Use the right tool for the job"
    You are the wrong tool for this job.

Quote Originally Posted by leibhold View Post
    My Daddy told me " Use the right tool for the job"
    You are the wrong tool for this job.
    Id read the encyclopedia if this was said to me

Super Moderator
    Should I have expanded it?

My Daddy told me a few time "Son, always use the right tool for the job"
    In this case you are trying to utilise the wrong tool for this job, yourself.

You should use an experienced admin - they are always tools.
    Not saying you could not do it, but given the time and other constraints, you would be better to take a shorter path to the solution.
    Just a thought bubble = pop it.

Quote Originally Posted by EBassie View Post
    Just a thought:

That is probably one of the best idea's I've seen yet, however is it too late to "get in the game" being that BF4 is literally falling off the map with EA and Battlelog over banning of the extremely devoted and highly dedicated to their product and then telling them or giving them a link to "appeal the ban" LMFAO that ban appeal is a literal JOKE !!!

I mean yeah getting a server fully operational would be to myself an awesome idea, but have you guys seen what EA and DICE are doing with there new forum? the entitlement deal!
    Singling out those THAT don't own the product, that my unknown friends are gonna byte them in the ass and EA/DICE losing the Procon Layer from what I've seen here and else where online as they are more than likely (and this is just my opinion) going to implement something of there own based on your or the Procon Layer. This is JUST an opinion neither fact nor fiction ...

So yeah I'd extremely interested if someone or a few if not more would be willing to lend a helping hand but I would like to know if you or whomever is willing would allow myself to watch what your doing, not because of a 'Tin Foil Hat" but because I would really like to just learn something.

With what information would you need/require?
    how much would you/the person interested charge?

and last but not least, do you or whomever created this product being the Procon Layer, currently have a patent on it?
    if not if I were you or whomever created the program/application would be on the patent process first thing Monday morning like that of flies on horse shit, literally ALL over it !!!

Super Moderator
    On second thoughts,
    if you want to setup server, procon, databases to host a Competition on servers you are renting next week (for July sometime), I would suggest you pay (if you are doing it as a commercial exercise) or ask (if its just charity or a hobby) for an experienced admin here to do the job for you.

Based on issues you have had in the past, you should give up doing it yourself in such a short time frame.

Also based on because to setup you have to be able to read and retain the information.

Also - what plugin as you talking about "certain plugin"?

WTF I said that 5 days ago - and now its the best idea

I give up - again this has been a tremendous waste of time

BTW Procon is just a program that uses the standard remote console protocol. Since the remote console protocol is actually dices, your patent concerns are not justified
    Game nick Volo_Mortis
    https://forum.myrcon.com/showthread....-Procon-Manual
    Read the manual ?

Like procon forum https://www.patreon.com/myrcon/overview DONATE

whatever man, I give up!

the certain plugin which in my opinion and apparently my opinions DON'T matter would be the "currency plugin":
    Being that it calculates the amount of kills and in turn allows the player to spend it on bounties and what not!
    my thoughts were to somehow reconfigure the plugin and use it for the player to use as that of buying a lottery ticket. set the ticket at a certain price with no payday or up front currency so that the player would have to get in the game and start doing what the game was initially meant for or lose out. as well as quite possibly implement the sniper lottery and somehow reconfigure that to fit in with the currency plugin. I really don't know anymore what the hell I'm doing. as with everything in my life that idea would somehow miserably fail and or either end up kicking me in the teeth.

so yes I'm finished here.

thank you all for trying but it is me that failed to grasp reality and reality just set in !!!

The one and only Bassyboy
    WTF I said that 5 days ago - and now its the best idea
    ONE of the best Leibhold...

Quote Originally Posted by 2-Point-O View Post
    whatever man, I give up!

so yes I'm finished here.

thank you all for trying but it is me that failed to grasp reality and reality just set in !!!
    But this is the best idea I've seen.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    I won't do support via PM: if you need help, make a topic on the public forums.