Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The one and only Bassyboy
    Quote Originally Posted by BuRockK View Post
    Hmm i thought vars.roundRestartPlayerCount 0 was so when a map changes or restarted, it wouldnt need 4 players again as long as server is not restarted.
    The settings I gave you stops the server from going to "preround". That's how you make a 1P start.
    Again: as long as the server is not rebooted / restarted / crashed.

Just try it and see for yourself

But this host dont allow for "vars.roundStartPlayerCount" to change to 1. Not even if i set it in startup.txt
    You can only set it to 1 when the server is unranked. I guess your provider has made it so you cannot change it when your server is ranked.
    I won't do support via PM: if you need help, make a topic on the public forums.

Quote Originally Posted by EBassie View Post
    You can only set it to 1 when the server is unranked. I guess your provider has made it so you cannot change it when your server is ranked.
    Thats what i dont understand, my other server is a ranked server and i can change both of those settings through startup.txt and still have the server as ranked.

I guess every GSP has different limitations

But i will try what you suggested, thanks

The one and only Bassyboy
    Thats what i dont understand, my other server is a ranked server and i can change both of those settings through startup.txt and still have the server as ranked.

I guess every GSP has different limitations

But i will try what you suggested, thanks
    Setting vars.roundStartPlayerCount 1 in the startup.txt will always make the server use the value of 4 when ranked.

You can check this yourself by using the Procon Console:
    [23:38:17] vars.roundStartPlayerCount 1
    [23:38:17] OK 4

When trying to change the value to 1, the result is 4

I guess your provider made sure their editor follows the official guide for those settings to be clear.
    I won't do support via PM: if you need help, make a topic on the public forums.

Quote Originally Posted by EBassie View Post
    Setting vars.roundStartPlayerCount 1 in the startup.txt will always make the server use the value of 4 when ranked.

You can check this yourself by using the Procon Console:
    [23:38:17] vars.roundStartPlayerCount 1
    [23:38:17] OK 4

When trying to change the value to 1, the result is 4

I guess your provider made sure their editor follows the official guide for those settings to be clear.
    Now i checked startup.txt for the server i got from g-portal and found "vars.roundStartPlayerCount" is set to 1.. lol its like servers trolling with me..