Question about seeding

Hi all

Returning admin after a break due to IRL stuff.

when I had to stop hosting servers due to IRL problems adaptive was great for solo seeding. Now returned and solo seed been removed by EA/DICE, and 5hrs solo on a 64 slot server is it even possible to seed a 64 server solo??
    if it is I would like some advice on how to get a little traffic?

set with base maps only atm CQ RUSH and DOM.

thanx

swats

AFK kicks do not enable until the server is 22% full.
    ____

yeah but what would you suggest to get some traffic as almost 6 hrs now and not a single player and 8 hrs yesterday and only managed 3 other players?

Quote Originally Posted by swats73 View Post
    yeah but what would you suggest to get some traffic as almost 6 hrs now and not a single player and 8 hrs yesterday and only managed 3 other players?
    I guess update your server to make sure there are no restrictions to people joining. I know that DLC can be a huge killer, also presets on battlelog not being correct. It could also be that some don't want to play the game modes/maps/rules you have set up.
    ____

yeah I know DLC a killer so would not even attempt that solo. Already sorted out the issues making it come up in BL as custom instead of Normal. Have been trying all vanilla maps and enabled map vote as well. Maybe the changes EA/DICE made to server hosting are just too much for solo admins to overcome and may well have become the domain of large clans only.

was there ever a reason why DICE decided on the change to adaptive size in BF4 only as can still be used in Hardline?

Player outcry. People really hated coming into servers wanting 32 players or 16 players and then the admin script goes welp, fuck you, we're 64p now. The code visceral copied for hardline was forked a while before that patch was added to BF4 and they never brought it along.

It is difficult seeding with one person in a game of this age now. But you should be able to get a fresh start with BF5 this fall if they haven't completely screwed everything up for admins.
    ____

my last question of the night is:- are you guys at ADK going to mod ADKats for BF5 provided we don't get screwed over with a console port like Battlefront?

if so will see you in the fall and will be bound to be asking more dumb questions about config like I have in the past =D

Quote Originally Posted by swats73 View Post
    my last question of the night is:- are you guys at ADK going to mod ADKats for BF5 provided we don't get screwed over with a console port like Battlefront?

if so will see you in the fall and will be bound to be asking more dumb questions about config like I have in the past =D
    In short, if it's possible, yes. I'm not sure how many people are actually working on procon to update it for BF5, if the game can have admin tools.
    ____