Request for Plugin: Maplist Management Plugin

Ive had too many problems over and over with UMM (which is the only map management plugin i could find) for nearly 3 months now. It keeps stop working and plugin settings menu partially disappears for some reason. Although it is very usefull plugin, i just could not deal with errors and malfunctions i kept having.

My request would be a simple map management plugin that would work as a normal procon maplist only with the option to switch between maplists with ingame commands like in UMM. and the option to run different custom startup texts for each maplist

Hope someday someone will.

Maybe the solution is to address the issues with that plugin instead of creating a new one? What EXACTLY have you seen going wrong with it?
    ____

Super Moderator
    Ultimate Map Manager V1.2.5.0 has 225 active users who have not had the issues you are having which would point to an issue with your setup rather than an issue with UMM.

Best to fix that up rather than to request a new plugin - which isn't going to happen
    Last edited by leibhold; 07-04-2016 at 00:16. Reason: Numbers count

Quote Originally Posted by leibhold View Post
    Ultimate Map Manager V1.2.5.0 has 225 active users who have not had the issues you are having which would point to an issue with your setup rather than an issue with UMM.

Best to fix that up rather than to request a new plugin - which isn't going to happen
    And over 1300 users across all versions. It would be nice to figure out what is actually going wrong with his setup. Perhaps it is a plugin bug just really well hidden.
    ____

Super Moderator
    A bug that well hidden - is it a bug?

My set ups in it are nothing more than the options it gives me to.

The problem is it doesnt change maplist when "Switch to new maplist immediately" option is on. Also when i restart procon layer service from GSP website and go back in procon, somehow menus dissappear from UMMs settings tab (only Maplist 0 shows which starts listing from map 17).

i have read what every option does what in plugin details tab and checked if anything is interfering with the option "Switch to new maplist immediately" and turned off those which could effect it (which was only one or two option that is only available if you choose to use timed maplist change option or not to use "switch map immediately". I dont use timed maplist change and the other option that shows up when "switch map immediately" is off is also off).

For the problem with menu dissappearing, i have to delete .cs and .inc files from plugins folder and rename the .dll file (because i dont wanna lose my maplists) and re install the whole plugin and rename dll file back for it to work again. But same problem still happens when i restart my procon service.

I dont know if this is a bug or not. But even though i dont use options other than the options you see enabled in attachment below, it just wont change maplist with ingame commands.

I have the vars.serverName set in each preset list so people will know which maplist is active in server before joining. When i change maplist ingame via @maplist # on and set all others off, it doesnt change but i see it changes servername and most likely set every vars command in the specific preset. Although map list dont change in procon or in server.

and heres the presets i use:

Code:
    #WE RECOMMEND USING LIVE CONTROL TO CHANGE SETTING. CHANGING SETTINGS IN THIS EDITOR WILL BE OVERWRITTEN WHEN USING LIVE CONTROL!
    #Battlefield 4 Config File by i3D.net
    #Any line starting with # is a comment and will not be read by the game server. You can use this feature to return certain settings to default without removing the command completely.

###########################
    # Server Setup variables below #
    ###########################

#Server mode options: OFFICIAL RANKED UNRANKED PRIVATE (official will force all settings to default + you cannot kick/ban/slay people)
    vars.serverType RANKED

#MP exerience
    vars.mpExperience 

#Set Server name (between quotes)
    vars.serverName "Active Maplist: DLC"

#Set max player count (can only go below the number that you ordered)
    vars.maxPlayers 10

#Set Server Password
    vars.gamePassword ""

#Enable punbkbuster and/or fairfight
    punkBuster.activate
    fairFight.activate

#Set Tickrate
    vars.OutHighFrequency 30

#activate reserved slots
    reservedSlotsList.aggressiveJoin true

#activate Commanders
    vars.commander false

#always allow spectators, if set to false only whitelisted people can spectate
    vars.alwaysAllowSpectators false

#Set maximum number of spectators
    vars.maxSpectators 0

#Activate/Deactivate auto balance
    vars.autoBalance true

################################
    # Variables affecting gameplay below #
    ################################

#Activate/Deactivate killcam
    vars.killCam true

#enable/disable friendly fire
    vars.friendlyFire false

#Activate/Deactivate Health Regeneration
    vars.regenerateHealth true

#Soldiers health
    vars.soldierHealth 100

#Activate/Deactivate Minimap
    vars.miniMap true

#Activate/Deactivate HUD
    vars.hud true

#Activate/Deactivate 3d Spotting
    vars.3dSpotting true

#Activate/Deactivate minimap spotting
    vars.miniMapSpotting true

#Activate/Deactivate Nametags
    vars.nameTag true

#Activate/Deactivate 3rd person vehicle Camera
    vars.3pCam true

#Forces the use of a full magazine when reloading
    vars.forceReloadWholeMags false

#Activate/Deactivate vehicles
    vars.vehicleSpawnAllowed true
    ###################################
    # Variables involving player control below #
    ###################################

#number of teamkills allowed before kick
    vars.teamKillCountForKick 10

#Max kills a player can make before being kicked (counter-cheating)
    vars.teamKillValueForKick 150

#Number of team kill kicks that will lead to a permaban
    vars.teamKillKickForBan 5

#Set idle time before getting kicked
    vars.idleTimeout 86400

#Enable/Disable spawning inside vehicles
    vars.vehicleSpawnAllowed true

#Respawn delay (percentage)
    vars.playerRespawnTime 2

#Delay on vehicle respawn time (percentage)
    vars.vehicleSpawnDelay 2

#time before a player is forced to respawn 
    vars.playerManDownTime 100

#Base damage value
    vars.bulletDamage 100

#Enable/Disable hit indicator
    vars.hitIndicatorsEnabled true

#Game mode discounter (tickets factor)
    vars.gameModeCounter 2

#Enable/Disable only spawn on the squad leader
    vars.onlySquadLeaderSpawn false

#Round time limit (percentage)
    vars.roundTimeLimit 300

#Round warmup timeout value
    vars.roundWarmupTimeout 120

#Ticket bleed rate (percentage)
    vars.ticketBleedRate 1

#Team kill value increase value
    vars.teamKillValueIncrease 1

#Weapons unlock mode
    # all = All weapons
    # common = Common weapons
    # stats = Stats weapons
    # none = Basic weapons

vars.unlockMode "0"

#Set the server GunMaster weapon preset
    vars.gunMasterWeaponsPreset 1

#Set the team faction override
    vars.teamFactionOverride 1 0
    vars.teamFactionOverride 2 1
    vars.teamFactionOverride 3 2
    vars.teamFactionOverride 4 0

#Enable competitive mode (Obliteration only currently)
    vars.isCompetitive false

#Round lockdown countdown
    vars.roundLockdownCountdown "10"

#Round ready bypass timer
    vars.roundPlayersReadyBypassTimer 180

#Round ready min count
    vars.roundPlayersReadyMinCount 0

#Round ready percent
    vars.roundPlayersReadyPercent 0
    Only difference between other presets i have are these:

Code:
    #Set Server name (between quotes)
    vars.serverName "Active Maplist: DLC"

#activate Commanders
    vars.commander false

#always allow spectators, if set to false only whitelisted people can spectate
    vars.alwaysAllowSpectators false

and heres the screenshot of UMM settings. Every other option you dont see in screenshot because of another option is On/Off, is already Off just in case.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BuRockK; 07-04-2016 at 09:28.

Sometimes it doesn't switch maplist immediately but it will start doing it at next map change. It isn't perfect. All you have to do is disable the plugin and restart it and then it usually starts working properly. Seems like you probably screwed something up in your configuration on your layer. I've never had major issues with this plugin.

You aren't going to find another plugin that does this even halfway as good as this one anyway.

Nope, mine doesnt work without re copying the plugin files to procon layer...i tried disabling enabling turning maplist on off in different orders etc. nothing seems to work.

Although the last time i noticed something. My custom presets were missing alotta lines..i dont know maybe it was caused by the procon layer restart or maybe a setting in that preset is the problem all along. Do you guys agree with the preset i pasted in my previous post? maybe theres a command there that is no longer being used after R56?

You can't change vars.alwaysAllowSpectators like you are trying to do. That variable requires a server restart to take effect.

It also looks like UMM isn't enabled in your images. The 1st variable is set to No.

Also you should probably ask for help with the plugin in the plugin thread not here.
    Last edited by s1ngular1ty; 10-04-2016 at 17:48.

I wasnt really asking for help. i was asking for a simpler plugin like this (thought some settings in this plugin was effecting some other setting or a combination of settings). This is why i posted here first

I didnt know you need restart for vars.alwaysAllowSpectators to take effect. Maybe thats the problem. sending too many vars.alwaysAllowSpectators change command to server before it can finish the previous queue. I took this off the presets and will test if it works now.

The setting in the SS is off yes. i set it off and disabled the plugin at the time i took that SS.