Procon 1.5.1.1 Help

Hello all!

I have searched for a topic on my question to no avail and the install guide seems to be for a previous version several versions ago, so I have come here to ask...

We have a BF4 server on Multiplay that I am controlling with Procon 1.5.1.1 on another virtual server that is being hosted by my friend so I don't have to keep a computer on at the house all the time. Its all set up and running good.

My questions are these:
    1. Does running procon as a service and then loading the procon app itself to control it create corruption?

2. Do changes that I make while its open (with both the service and app running together) get automatically updated to the BF4 server or does it require a restart of both the service and app (or a reload plugin)?

3. I use adaptive tickets and adaptive server (downloaded from the compatible master list) size but neither seem to be working. They are installed and the log shows they activate but nothing happens. We are a small clan and when just a few of us are on we don't want default tickets / time limit. I do have the time limit set to 50% but I would like the option to get the round over sooner if someone hits the ticket count limit.

I am also running the following plugins:
    1. AdKats
    2. Chat, GUID, Stats and Mapstats Logger
    3. xVotemap
    4. CheatDetector
    5. Team Kill Tracker

4.Also, using certain plugins, is there a way to see a log (like the MySQL that AdKats and Stats tracker is using) to see past history of rounds, players, etc.? Basically a complete history log of chats, players that played there, etc. I know when I read up on some of these plugins / procon app, they said they tracked and recorded that stuff.

5. Is there a way to keep the map list created with Procon to be persistant when a game server is restarted?

6. Is there a way to remotely connect to the procon service on the virtual machine from my home machine and make edits (Client/server)? I see there is an "Enable HTTP Server" but that didn't do anything when I tried to connect via firefox. I just got a timeout error.

Thank you for your understanding,
    Nerd Girl
    Last edited by Nerd Girl; 25-01-2016 at 20:35.

I am still trying to figure this out. If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it!

Super Moderator
    My questions are these:
    1. Does running procon as a service and then loading the procon app itself to control it create corruption?
    I may be corrected but not really - why not just connect to the procon layer rather than start the program on the same box the service is running on?

2. Do changes that I make while its open (with both the service and app running together) get automatically updated to the BF4 server or does it require a restart of both the service and app (or a reload plugin)?
    Depends on the change and the plugin.
    Changes to game server parameters usually restart of server, most plugins will change on the fly - Cant really think of any day to day stuff that would require a restart of procon
    Adding a plugin - yeah - restart.

3. I use adaptive tickets and adaptive server (downloaded from the compatible master list) size but neither seem to be working. They are installed and the log shows they activate but nothing happens. We are a small clan and when just a few of us are on we don't want default tickets / time limit. I do have the time limit set to 50% but I would like the option to get the round over sooner if someone hits the ticket count limit.

I am also running the following plugins:
    1. AdKats
    2. Chat, GUID, Stats and Mapstats Logger
    3. xVotemap
    4. CheatDetector
    5. Team Kill Tracker

4.Also, using certain plugins, is there a way to see a log (like the MySQL that AdKats and Stats tracker is using) to see past history of rounds, players, etc.? Basically a complete history log of chats, players that played there, etc. I know when I read up on some of these plugins / procon app, they said they tracked and recorded that stuff.
    There are various ways to do this - most plugin/sql use a web page to access the sql server and data there in.
    Makes for nice pages of history.

5. Is there a way to keep the map list created with Procon to be persistant when a game server is restarted?
    If procon is running then the map list will be applied.
    If procon isn't running you can edit the map list file on the server.

6. Is there a way to remotely connect to the procon service on the virtual machine from my home machine and make edits (Client/server)? I see there is an "Enable HTTP Server" but that didn't do anything when I tried to connect via firefox. I just got a timeout error.
    In the manual - it has a rather large section on the layer and how to connect to procon from home to server.
    the HTTP server is just a bit of a test left over from the original developer - doesn't do much
    Last edited by leibhold; 28-01-2016 at 04:05. Reason: Mouse has a mind of its own.
    Game nick Volo_Mortis
    https://forum.myrcon.com/showthread....-Procon-Manual
    Read the manual ?

Like procon forum https://www.patreon.com/myrcon/overview DONATE

Super Moderator
    You may be better breaking down your questions and placing them into the plugins threads as questions on that plugin.

Such as the issue with adaptive plugin.

Just a thought
    Game nick Volo_Mortis
    https://forum.myrcon.com/showthread....-Procon-Manual
    Read the manual ?

Like procon forum https://www.patreon.com/myrcon/overview DONATE

Super Moderator
    Sigh.

Was the information provided enough to sort your issues?

Quote Originally Posted by leibhold View Post
    Sigh.

Was the information provided enough to sort your issues?
    Yes, questions 1-3, 5 and 6 were answered. Still working on accessing the data for 4. Not sure how to go about it. I know I downloaded the lastest MySQL but had some issues with it and the stats recorder. Something about tables "NULL" when expected "Something else". I downgraded to a previous version and it worked fine.

Super Moderator
    Good to hear - start a new thread on any new question.

Suggest keep them separated in terms of issues.

The people here can get a bit scared off by multiple listed questions where a single question on a particular item seems to get answered quickly.

Cheers