Procon plugin(s)/Procon itself, can it cause the server to crash?

Hello so I've been experiencing some random server crashes, they seem to be mostly when the round ends...it disconnects everyone with "connection lost" and the server appears to restart/crash.

It's Battlefield Hardline , and I havent really made any changes to any of the plugins...so i'm really not sure why its suddenly started crashing but is it possible for procon to cause it? or is it more likely a bug with Battlefield Hardline from EA's side?

Super Moderator
    If nothing has changed on procon and plugins then ask you server provider to check the game server

Quote Originally Posted by leibhold View Post
    If nothing has changed on procon and plugins then ask you server provider to check the game server
    but is it possible that plugin/procon can cause a crash? I thought this was impossible since its not actually "running" on the server..its simply connecting using rcon?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by NeO_Anderson View Post
    but is it possible that plugin/procon can cause a crash? I thought this was impossible since its not actually "running" on the server..its simply connecting using rcon?
    Probable - no

Possible - yes

If procon continually restarted maps or changed config or restarted rounds, then that may cause the server some grief.

But we have had lots of people asking if procon causes crashes and it normally comes back to the game server it's self.
    Game nick Volo_Mortis
    https://forum.myrcon.com/showthread....-Procon-Manual
    Read the manual ?

Quote Originally Posted by leibhold View Post
    Probable - no

Possible - yes

If procon continually restarted maps or changed config or restarted rounds, then that may cause the server some grief.

But we have had lots of people asking if procon causes crashes and it normally comes back to the game server it's self.

Well the only things that have been changed recently is that with the new update to BFH we had to add new shotguns and snipers to the limits/ban lists so they're no longer used or limited accordingly. Beyond that...nothing has changed in weeks...and im pretty certain the crashes started before we even had the update... so I really don't know... I just dont know how two providers can both be crashing... it seems really......unlikely.... I dont have plugins that restart maps or anything like that... the closest we get to anything liek that is probably the multibalancer one...that manages the team and moves them around accordingly.

I noticed from what i can tell from the server logs, it crashed 3 times literally every 3 hours. :S

Super Moderator
    I can only suggest turning on procon logging and see what procon was doing at the time.
    Or check the console.

If procon was sending lots of information, or requesting lot of information, need to check what it was doing.

If it was not doing anything different to 5mins before the crash, then I would say procon isn't flipping the server out.
    Game nick Volo_Mortis
    Read the manual ?

Super Moderator
    Have you updated the procon as per the hardline patches thread ?
    Game nick Volo_Mortis
    Read the manual ?

I have just to test it disabled procon completely but something strange has happened... Someone claiming to be owner of another server asked me if my server is crashing all the time because his is.. And he is getting ddosed ... Our provider 4netplayers shows ddos protection on their site so we can't be getting ddosed but is it possible someone's causing this?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by NeO_Anderson View Post
    I have just to test it disabled procon completely but something strange has happened... Someone claiming to be owner of another server asked me if my server is crashing all the time because his is.. And he is getting ddosed ... Our provider 4netplayers shows ddos protection on their site so we can't be getting ddosed but is it possible someone's causing this?
    Without information of what procon was doing at the time of the crashes I cant say if procon had anything to do with the crash - again - I still doubt it was procon.

Our provider 4netplayers shows ddos protection on their site so we can't be getting ddosed
    Usually its ddos reduction - not really sure you can stop a serious ddos but regards to ddos - no idea I am afraid

but is it possible someone's causing this?
    I really can only suggest probabilities - again.

procon crashing server probability = low
    ddos or someone/something else = better chance.
    server issue or hoster = better chance
    Game nick Volo_Mortis
    Read the manual ?

I'm gonna move to another provider anyway....see what happenS!
    Last edited by NeO_Anderson; 21-01-2016 at 21:45.