What tools do you use to develop the plugins?

Hello, I'm very used to Java's Eclipse IDE (if you're familiar with it) and I was wondering if there's any good IDE's for plugin development that could be used? I'm using Notepad++ at th emoment but wondering if there's something better? preferbly something with the auto-complete feature sometimes called intelligence<soemthing or other> ?

Procon Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by NeO_Anderson View Post
    Hello, I'm very used to Java's Eclipse IDE (if you're familiar with it) and I was wondering if there's any good IDE's for plugin development that could be used? I'm using Notepad++ at th emoment but wondering if there's something better? preferbly something with the auto-complete feature sometimes called intelligence<soemthing or other> ?
    You can use the free Microsoft Visual Studio Community: https://www.visualstudio.com/product...o-community-vs

I run Visual Studio 2013 with ReSharper. It works great for smaller files but is a very big resource hog for larger ones.
    ____

Thanks for replying. Just to confirm, exactly what language are these plugins written in? is it C?

Thanks for replying. Just to confirm, exactly what language are these plugins written in? is it C?
    It's C#, compiled in .NET 3.5
    ____

Ah, I see. Thanks

Just wanted to post a reply to help anyone else looking to develop the plugins. The IDE that I have found most easiest to use was indeed the Visual Studios 2013 WITHOUT the reshaper thing. I looked at the reshaper thing and it cost a lot of money however I discovered within Visual Studios 2013 itself it has a built in "intelligence" system whereby it will do exactly what I described as needing so it doesn't need the reshaper for those that are looking unless you really want to use it.

PS: don't get me wrong, I appreciate greatly that you responded to my questions with advice and thanks to you I decided try Visual Studios its just im not rich

Just wanted to post a reply to help anyone else looking to develop the plugins. The IDE that I have found most easiest to use was indeed the Visual Studios 2013 WITHOUT the reshaper thing. I looked at the reshaper thing and it cost a lot of money however I discovered within Visual Studios 2013 itself it has a built in "intelligence" system whereby it will do exactly what I described as needing so it doesn't need the reshaper for those that are looking unless you really want to use it.

PS: don't get me wrong, I appreciate greatly that you responded to my questions with advice and thanks to you I decided try Visual Studios its just im not rich
    Neither am I, I was just able to access it through my school's license they allow for students. It's a really nice tool, and worth it if you can find a way to access it. General visual studio is a great IDE by itself though.
    ____

Procon Addict
    As I said in my previous reply, Visual Studio Community (Visual Studio 2015) is free.

Visual Studio 2013 i use woop woop