Adding MySQL to your plugin, how?

Hello all, so I'm extremely new to this side of the fence when it comes to battlefield games and although I have coded/programmed many different things so the code is not completely foreign there are still a lot of things I have to learn and I'm struggling with the understanding how to get a MySQL connection going. I don't want to use the ODBC thing that you see in that Server Kills plugin because for some reason that just does not work. I want a normal MySQL connection like in the Multi Logs,GUID Chat plugin.

I've searched everywhere and cannot seem to find a simple example of how this connection can be made. I've tried looking at other existing plugins but most of them are very advanced and as I do understand parts of it, I just cannot determine which parts are required and where they need to go. Each plugin seems to do things differently..

Please help guys, much appreciated.

You use MySQL Connector (MySql.Data.dll) which is included with Procon. Here's it's documentation: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/connector-net/en/