Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Developer

Re: Praise and issues

Quote Originally Posted by DvNT
    I installed using the procon packages tab (using windows version .6.4.0 (win 7). I did get an error message after I connected to the layer via PC procon. but it flashed by too quick to see! I now see the plugin under plugins tab in the PC version but not under parent layer tab. I don't see the plugin in the iphone app at all The plugin seems to load if i activate it. haven't had a chance to test yet. The plugin is Truebalancer
    What you see on the iPhone in the "Procon Layer" section of the App is the same stuff you will find under "parent layer" when connecting to the same layer server via the PC version of procon.
    If a plugin does not show up on the iPhone and not under "parent layer" on the PC this means that this certain plugin is not installed on the layer server.
    The reason you find it only under the "plugins" tab your PC version is that the plugin is only installed locally on your PC - but not on your layer server.
    So this is probably not a bug but an error in the installation.

Any more questions - please ask!

Decker

Thanks Decker. I came to the same conclusion but at 3am was too tired to resolve it. Is there no way other to stop text scroll when attempting to read events or console on iOS ? Also no server restart etc? Also I assume that in the text plugin section the fact that I see control characters in the plugin info section means iOS doesn't handle them (interpret them) correctly ? Oh another thing. Being a non programmer I did have issues working out how to add maps. The description saying something like (array): isn't clear enough to mean put a map name followed an | character. Too me ages to work that out using the iPhone . Thanks for the original response. LOVE the app.

Developer

Is there no way other to stop text scroll when attempting to read events or console on iOS ?
    Not yet... it actually hasn't been requested yet. I guess I'll implement a button or something to enable/disable the autoscrolling. ;-)

Also no server restart etc?
    Under the "Maplist" secction you'll find "restart round". A complete server restart cannot be performed over the remote admin interface as this is not supported in the protocol. This can only be done by your game server host directly.

Also I assume that in the text plugin section the fact that I see control characters in the plugin info section means iOS doesn't handle them (interpret them) correctly ?
    Yes, some ppl use html in their plugin desciptions... it does not get displayed as html but rather as raw text in the iOS version. This is an issue with a rather low priority.

Oh another thing. Being a non programmer I did have issues working out how to add maps. The description saying something like (array): isn't clear enough to mean put a map name followed an | character. Too me ages to work that out using the iPhone .
    "(array):" what's that?! Hmm... sounds like a buggy display of the maplist... haven't heard of that before. Could you please explain further or post a screenshot maybe?

LOVE the app. Thanks for the original response.
    Thank YOU for using my App and giving me some feedback! ;-)
    And of course: Merry Christmas!

Decker

Well definitely needs a pause button to help with reading console or events or chat screens. Otherwise they are not of much use as is. The issue I mentioned re map names is in Phogue's plugin. If you want to load up maps with iOS you need to know what a (stringarray) is which I did not. This is in the CMixedGameModes plugin. Just so you know, I've used iOS to do alot of setting up of our BC2V server so I should be able to give more feedback. Currently I am away from home and find it very useful to control the layer. An early Happy New Year guys

Ps. Is it possible to un-mute? I cannot see an option. Ahh found it. Can it not be a option next to the mute option?

Developer

Well definitely needs a pause button to help with reading console or events or chat screens. Otherwise they are not of much use as is. The issue I mentioned re map names is in Phogue's plugin. If you want to load up maps with iOS you need to know what a (stringarray) is which I did not. This is in the CMixedGameModes plugin. Just so you know, I've used iOS to do alot of setting up of our BC2V server so I should be able to give more feedback. Currently I am away from home and find it very useful to control the layer. An early Happy New Year guys
    Ps. Is it possible to un-mute? I cannot see an option. Ahh found it. Can it not be a option next to the mute option?
    I'll probably implement the autoscroll-on/off-button for the "chat and events"-console and the command-console in the next update which will also include a Map Pack 8 (Battle for Hastings) update.

Activation and complete configuration of plugins via iOS Procon is possible but maybe easier or "more convenient" in the PC version. As the plugins are probably not reconfigured every day and not necessarily while your away from home this does not pose too much of a problem imo.

The un-muting of players can be done in the Chat Moderation list in iOS Procon. The "quick-muting" function in the players detail view is meant to enable you to instantly mute people with just two clicks when they are sending disturbing massages over the ingame chat or spam. A "quick-unmute" is not necessary imo.

Later,
    Decker

Quote Originally Posted by Decker
    Map Pack 8 (Battle for Hastings)
    Just a little remark, unrelated to this thread, but Hastings is not a Map Pack, it was already included in Vietnam at release (why would they call it a "Pack" if it contains only one map?), it simply required a total of 69 million team actions (each platform separately) to be unlocked, much like the Coral Sea map from BF1943, which required 43 million total kills before being playable.

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by armorfid
    ... Hastings is not a Map Pack, it was already included in Vietnam at release...
    Well I thought in an eMail I got my hands on some time ago Mikael Kalms (DICE Developer) was talking about the release of Operation Hastings to the GSPs as technically being a "Map Pack 8"-release. I don't think that this map was really included in the server software at Vietnams release. I guess Operation Hastings was never announced to be "VIP Map Pack 8" in the public but internally it actually is.

Decker

Who?

Hastings was the only map in Map pack 8. It's just an easy way to identify the incremental rollout of maps.
    I started at DICE late Oct. 2014, so ignore every post before that.