Thread: Filling servers

Filling servers

Hey all,

I heard something today and wanted to verify it. I have had some difficulties filling our servers until someone told me its because they are custom?? What difference does that make?

Thanks for clarifying!

Phractal

If your server is marked custom, it's death for trying to fill it.

Basically the default search criteria on battlelog is either "Normal" or "Hardcore", nobody searches for custom so they will never see your server.
    ____

Quote Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner View Post

Basically the default search criteria on battlelog is either "Normal" or "Hardcore", nobody searches for custom so they will never see your server.
    Oh, I didn't know that. Damn!
    Thanks for the info CCC

I'll keep those servers normal or hardcore then

Thats not actually true. Ours is set to custom and our stays full for around a average of 20 hours a day then low pop of average 4-10 for 4 hours in the morning. I ask players all the time that come in and they say all they did was do a server search for hotwire and ours is always there, I also did a search with ranked, official and hotwire selected and our server always shows at the top of the list

Quote Originally Posted by WarGasimXD View Post
    Thats not actually true. Ours is set to custom and our stays full for around a average of 20 hours a day then low pop of average 4-10 for 4 hours in the morning. I ask players all the time that come in and they say all they did was do a server search for hotwire and ours is always there, I also did a search with ranked, official and hotwire selected and our server always shows at the top of the list
    It looks like in the BFHL server browser, no preset checkbox is checked by default, so for HL it should not matter for Custom, Hardcore or Normal.

But in BF4, the preset Custom checkbox is not checked by default.

Quote Originally Posted by XJaegaX View Post
    It looks like in the BFHL server browser, no preset checkbox is checked by default, so for HL it should not matter for Custom, Hardcore or Normal.

But in BF4, the preset Custom checkbox is not checked by default.
    This. Phractal did not define a game in his inquiry. Unchecked custom was the case for BF3 and BF4.
    ____

This. Phractal did not define a game in his inquiry. Unchecked custom was the case for BF3 and BF4.
    MY bad! But thanks for this insight. Good news then

Actually, if you reset your BF4 filters, the default search criteria is to have all presets unchecked which means all BF4 servers show up (including custom). So it's the same for both BF4 and BFH in that respect.
    Last edited by IAF SDS; 25-03-2015 at 14:58.

Quote Originally Posted by IAF SDS View Post
    Actually, if you reset your BF4 filters, the default search criteria is to have all presets unchecked which means all BF4 servers show up (including custom). So it's the same for both BF4 and BFH in that respect.
    Resetting may not = default though, instead just removing all selections. I clearly remember seeing normal automatically checked and hardcore/custom unchecked when first starting. Then again my memory may be shot by this point.
    ____