• Working for "The Man"

I've just accepted a job offer at DICE, Stockholm starting late October. I'll be moving from my home in Australia in the next month, Lego and all!

I'll no longer be a developer on Procon/Myrcon. I won't be contributing to the project, people or company in anyway in the future.

I will be selling Myrcon to my friend Hubert. Hubert has setup and managed everything behind the scenes for the last couple years. While he won't have any involvement in the software, he will make sure the forums/servers stay online so others can continue to contribute to the project(s).

You probably won't notice anything significantly different. Phil and Nick generally work on Procon Frostbite maintenance. I only get involved in the project to port new titles, such as Battlefield: Hardline.

I will be taking the projects that make up "Procon 2" to my personal GitHub account and dropping all associations/logos/names with Procon, Procon Frostbite and Myrcon. The project will continue on as an open source hobby.

Thanks to everyone continuing to use and improve the software. It's been a great four and half years!

Geoff.
    Comments 76 Comments
      Zaeed -
      Once again congrats Geoff! Have fun in Sweden.
      Phil_K -
      ... and don't forget to let me know your new address.
      Makes things easier for me to send you a care-packet with those coffee chocolate sweets
      to Sweden than to Australia.. was worrying about the isolation I would need to add.
      IAF SDS -
      Congrats Phogue.

That is a major move to uproot from Australia to Sweden, and I hope DICE pays you very well.
      SnotGoblin -
      Congrats Phogue!!
      ColColonCleaner -
      Damn, congrats!
      KinJO187 -
      Congrats from Battlefield Informer!
      LumPenPacK -
      Good luck for the future and hopefully you will like europe.
      Sabn0ck -
      Congrats and thanks for you and everyone elses work!

Wondering if this means that DICE will implement some kind of usable server management tools into a future release?
      grizzlybeer -
      NICE

wish you all the best at dice
      Hutchew -
      Congratulations, Phogue.
      Good luck on the new road you're traveling.

Hutchew
      HappyGotLucky -
      Congratulations! Well deserved for a great programmer!
      Sorry -
      Congrats!
      Sponge -
      Congrats well deserved and again hope this means some great back end tools for future releases.

Drop me a line if you ever need me to send you some vegemite or timtams
      armypoilce -
      congrags phogue
      crookbond -
      Congrats man!. Please tell me that you are not gonna join DICE to screw us over like they are doing? Hopefully you can be our voice and tell them that not being able to control the server that we pay for will be their demise.
      Good Luck and thanks for everything!
      DarkLord7854 -
      Quote Originally Posted by crookbond View Post
      Congrats man!. Please tell me that you are not gonna join DICE to screw us over like they are doing?
      MorpheusX(AUT) -
      Quote Originally Posted by DarkLord7854 View Post
      Did you not get the memo about your company collectively screwing over all people, especially all nice fellows in this community?
      Damn, if you're this mean to us without executive order, I don't want to find out what happens once you see the "official approval of douchebaggery"
      Phogue -
      Quote Originally Posted by darklord7854 View Post
      fix the netcode!
      DarkLord7854 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phogue View Post
      fix the netcode!
      What do you think I got you hired for..?
      Ike -
      Quote Originally Posted by DarkLord7854 View Post
      What do you think I got you hired for..?
      Didn't you just want a "that's not a knife" moment?